oily skin

144 replies to this topic

#21 Amoira

Amoira

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2004 - 09:35 AM

I have actually been loving my skin lately which hasn't happened in a long time. I am going to credit this gel in combo with curry boy soap. I stopped with the Collogen cream because of a recent break outs, so I think it is this gel. YAY!!

#22 smilingeyes

smilingeyes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2004 - 02:02 PM

I stopped with the Collogen cream because of a recent break outs, so I think it is this gel.  YAY!!

The collagen cream broke you out??? I must have more mature skin than I thought, lol because I'm still loving it.

I still have some of the regular Intense Gel so wasn't gonna order until it ran out......now I'm wondering if I should try and snag a bottle of this new stuff B4 they sell the whole batch.... :-s

#23 Amoira

Amoira

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2004 - 08:57 PM

I can't say for sure what it was because I have been trying so many new things. I am only using it on my neck for a while to test it. I will wait until I have used these new products for a while before re-introducing the CX cream to be sure. I also have stopped using the original formula of the Intense gel on my face. I may have just had a hormonal break out.. hard to be certain,

#24 katu

katu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:01 PM

I can't say for sure what it was because I have been trying so many new things.  I am only using it on my neck for a while to test it.  I will wait until I have used these new products for a while before re-introducing the CX cream to be sure.  I also have stopped using the original formula of the Intense gel on my face.  I may have just had a hormonal break out.. hard to be certain,

Amoira, please clarify one more time: What products did you use when you got your break out? Could you please describe the "symptoms" of your break out? The reason I am asking because I got severe break out recently too...something i didn't have for many years....

#25 Amoira

Amoira

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:44 PM

I use curry boy soap to wash 2 x per day. In the morning I use topical antibiotic and my cp cream that I have used for over a year. In the evening I *was* using the original Intense gel then washing it off before applying my Paula's choice BHA then after about an hour Tazorac, then every other evening using the Collagen cream. Before the intense gel and cx cream my skin wasn't breaking out AT ALL. So now the only "new" things I am using on my face is the Camilla oil.. just started today, and the new Intense gell. I am using the camilla oil with the intense gel as a mask before washing it off, and will be using a little 1/2 spirt in the morning with my cp cream.

The great news is my skin looks REALLY good smile.gif I am wearing less makeup and I really like the way it looks. Right now I have 1 new pimple and 3 older healing ones.

#26 katu

katu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:15 PM

Amoira, thank you very much for response! O:)
I used new IG for the first time and washed it out with papaya soap (used for the first time too)... I got severe irratation...Now I am trying to figure out what was the reason of the break out: papaya soap or jojoba oil in new IG...
Congrats with your skin progress! =D> Which product do you think contributed the most in your skin results?

#27 Amoira

Amoira

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:39 PM

Boy Katu that is hard. I really can't say. I think the exfoliation from the Taz in combination with the high quality moisture may be the reason the skin is looking good. The reason I can't say is this new regime is only a couple of months old and I added many differnt things. I think exfoliation with great quality moisture and healing properties from CP's and the Intense Gel makes for nice looking skin. The hope is to keep the acne at bay along with it smile.gif Sorry for your reaction!! I am guessing they are both new to you so you can't pin point either one right?

#28 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:32 AM

The 2nd time I used the R-ala ... (yesterday morning) my face burned like hell for 20 minutes -I was expecting to go really red/pink but I didn't. I think it may have been that I'd use curryboys papaya soap the night before.

And in an effort to make my 1oz last longer, I make a mix of 50/50 of the IG with Emu oil b4 applying.

#29 poppy6

poppy6

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2004 - 04:39 AM

It seems Im doing the same routine as you Amoira apart from the TAZ and I have to say my skin has never looked better using Papaya Soap in conjunction with IG and CP Serum! I cant say if my scars are less noticeable, my skin is even, pores are smaller and I have a healthy glow which I havent had in year! these products are great! skin looks crap at the moment but cause Im peeling from using TCA, regret messing with the routine I had! cant wait to try new RLA Gel!

#30 Amoira

Amoira

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2004 - 09:37 AM

Yah Poppy isn't it wonderful. What I am so psyched about is that my red marks from acne are healing faster then ever so even if I get a pimple or two the red marks aren't staying as long. Woohoo!

#31 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:28 AM

Some of you may be aware that for the past few days I have been experiencing some horrible wrinkling on my face ....

This morning, I woke up .... and my face is flaking all over - I'm pretty sure it's the new puredeming r-ala intense gel - I've used it 3/4 days running, each time it has given me the most amazing stinging and burning sensation .... now my face looks like how I imagine the posters on the TCA complex thread talk about when their skin starts to slough ....

Up until this moment, my skin has been like a different texture for a few days, all dry, wrinkly and scaly nature...... sad.gif

I guess I over dried it using the BioLamp too ...... ](*,)

Anyway, I think I will go and try Julies microcrystals on them now .... and also post this on the Puredeming r-ala thread.... but I wish I had the amino-plex for soothing now!

But it just goes to show that this new IG is much more potent - I never had this kind of peeling with the old IG.

#32 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 06:16 AM

OMG - I am peeling so much my face has gone bright red. sad.gif

I got into the shower and steamed my face ... then used the microcrystals to rub the flakes off with - the flakes kept coming ... until I was flaking more and more and it got too painful to continue .. and I am now positive it is the r-ala IG - as it's the only product I used under my eyes and on my eyelids - which have been flaking too (hence the wrinkly look under the eyes).......

I think I will have to give my face a total break from all products except moisterisers and the amino-plex when it arrives.

And in future, when I use the IG, I will only use it on my cheeks and forehead.

Has anyone else experienced this excessive peeling??????????

#33 emit

emit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:22 AM

Maya, considering the amount of products and procredures you put your skin through it doesn't suprise me in the least that it is rebelling against you.

Let your poor skin rest and just dose it up with a healthy, nourishing moisturiser for at least two to three weeks. You seem to really go hell bent on inflicting all manner of treatments upon yourself.

I find it odd that you don't realise that the constant tampering and irritations will cause all manner of problems for your poor skin to deal with.

JUST LET IT BE.

#34 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 09:27 AM

Maya....it's probably the bio-lamp that is causing such intense dryness/flaking. While the new r-ala seems potent, I don't think anyone is having the same issues that you are having. The main difference between you and others is that you are using the bio lamp.

Probably good to let the skin heal as you said but then try the r-ala without the biolamp a few times and see what happens. That way you'll know for certain that it's the biolamp. I don't really see any reason why your skin would peel so much from just the r-ala. :-k

#35 animegirle

animegirle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 10:34 AM

I have had a tiny bit of peeling, but nothing major. I agree with the use of the biolamp plus the intense gel. Hope you get better Maya!! smile.gif

#36 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 10:35 AM

Denise - Actually I'm pretty sure it is the r-ala .... I say this because I used the Biolamp with the OLD VERSION of IG for a couple of weeks (using both daily) with the BioLamp, often leaving the IG on my face whilst under the Biolamp ..... and never once did my face peel or go bright red..................but since I have used the r-ala version,( I haven't even used it whilst under the BioLamp) my face has become dehydrated, wrinkly, and of late flakey and peely.. sad.gif

Apart from the standard moisterisers of emu and jojoba, a 5 minute lactic peel, 1 papaya soap .. I haven't used anything else whilst trying the r-ala stuff ......... I'm not saying it's no good .... I'm saying that it is extremely potent and for me, obviously not suitable as a daily thing.

Emit - I agree, I'm going to rest my face for a while... but I assure you, I don't use nearly as many topicals as some of the posters here - but I do think my pale Asian skin can't take too much.

#37 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Learning how to accept myself.

Posted 18 January 2004 - 10:36 AM

I could be wrong but it sounds like it's a combination of the RAM and the Bio Lamp. I think that retinoids tend to dry some people out. I also recall someone saying that the Bio Lamp helped regulate oily skin.

I think it's definitely a good idea to use products that will repair, moisturize and heal your skin's barrier. If pretty much everything stings, I might even consider applying Aquaphor or Vaseline (if you don't have Aquaphor). This is what my Derm had me apply after my CO2 laser surgery. Just a suggestion.

#38 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 10:39 AM

Thanks Tamara but I only used RAM twice in the last month and the last time was nearly 1 week ago. And the best moisteriser I have at the moment is Emu Oil, so I am putting this on many times a day followed with some manuka honey ... and my Camilla oil should arrive in the next few days so that might be useful.

It is less painful/red now... O:)

#39 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Learning how to accept myself.

Posted 18 January 2004 - 10:46 AM

Well, I am sure you know your skin better than anyone. It's just odd to me that this ALA would cause such irritation/peeling.

:-k

I guess we learn something new all the time.
I am glad it's getting better Maya. smile.gif
Hang in there!

#40 katu

katu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 11:04 AM

is new R-ALA IG stronger than regular IG? :-k 
I use regular IG for about a month and and i don't feel burning anymore, just intense warmth...
i used new R-ALA IG for the first time yesterday and i does really \"burn\" my skin!

I don't think that the 'burning' sensation is due to new/stronger R-ALA in the IG. Peharps, Jojoba oil penetrates the skin better/deeper than Olive&Sunflowers oils. Does it mean that jojoba oil delivers more/better ALA and other "stuff" under the surface of the skin? :-k If yes, then jojoba oil is the potantial bias here (when answering the question whether R-ALA is "better" or more potent than ALA ).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users