Photo

OMEGA 3 Supplements will COMPLETELY Stop your Acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Bruin74

Bruin74

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

I used to have severe cystic acne I've been on Accutane 3 times all failed. The only thing that has worked is omega 3 supplements, irony right? The most basic fix, natural. I was skeptical to be sure. I usually look at these types of things as bogus, but I had to share my experience with the rest of the world in order to prevent acne in the future years. Most people unfortunately do not know about OMega 3, but it's essentially a natural accutane, without killing your liver, let me explain. Ordinarily the Western diet has a ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 in a ratio of 2:1, however, our MODERN diet has a ratio of around 20:1!!! This is the cause of so much harm. Remember, most of us are here because our ancestors had babies, they were attractive and so are we! we just have a horrible modern diet. Essentially what omega 6 in abundance does, is if it is higher in concentrations than omega 3 it will saturate are receptors to stimulate our hormones to produce more sebum. omega 3 competes with omega 6 to lower the production of such product as sebum. by taking approx 4 tablets a day, or 2, depending on yourself, you will bring the ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 under much more control which will lower the amount of sebum you secrete and will destroy any chance of cystic acne. PLEASE try this and save yourself years of worry and prevent formation of acne scars!!

#2 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:57 PM

Which omega3 do you take? I take one from GNC. My acne isnt completely gone but it is better. Its better not because of the omega3 though but rather my regimen

#3 Heartless

Heartless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:07 PM

NOTE: Individual results will vary.

I've been using EFA's for well over a year and a half after reading about this so-called "acne cure" in an ebook. The result: to date, there has been no signifcant improvement to rave about.

#4 babadum

babadum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:40 AM

Yeah I think it depends I haven't had much success with it. I still have acne. Maybe the accutane did help some but not enough to stop all acne for you.

#5 Bruin74

Bruin74

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE(laffinxD @ Jun 21 2007, 07:40 AM) View Post
Yeah I think it depends I haven't had much success with it. I still have acne. Maybe the accutane did help some but not enough to stop all acne for you.

Maybe you weren't taking enough. The biochemistry of it is undeniable. I had severe cystic acne and this is the only thing that has prevented it, I would say your hormones are already fairly active and your glands are probably oversized, so I would recommend taking anywhere from 4-6 pills a day until you see results and your glands lose their size. I would also recommend an exfoliator in conjunction with an anti-bacterial pill(erythromycin etc) to assist in this until your acne comes under control and you only need to take the omega 3's.

#6 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:10 PM

I've taken Omega 3's for nearly 7 years now, no effect on my acne. A few months ago, after reading the raves on here, I decided to take more of them, like 3-4 1000mg gelcaps per day. The results, more inflamed breakouts, the painful one's, and I felt grouchy and awful.

#7 Docta

Docta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

Well, if you already eat a lot of fish you shouldn't take them, that could be causing breakouts in some cases here... But for those of us like me who eat very little seafood, it's necessary for keeping the omega 3-6-9 balance.

#8 babadum

babadum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(Brandy @ Jun 21 2007, 03:10 PM) View Post
I've taken Omega 3's for nearly 7 years now, no effect on my acne. A few months ago, after reading the raves on here, I decided to take more of them, like 3-4 1000mg gelcaps per day. The results, more inflamed breakouts, the painful one's, and I felt grouchy and awful.

OUCH ><;; now I'm a little scared cuz I just upped my dosage big time, since it hasn't worked at a low dose.

#9 Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(laffinxD @ Jun 21 2007, 01:38 PM) View Post

OUCH ><;; now I'm a little scared cuz I just upped my dosage big time, since it hasn't worked at a low dose.

dont worry, very few people get worse from fish oil...all of the biochemistry points to it being extremely good for you, and why some people would get worse or not see results is unclear(could have been rancid, could be some kind of allergic reaction...omega 3 is anti-inflammatory and should not cause acne to get worse.), but the great results people have, including myself, are undeniable.

And by the way, for most people I dont think this will completely CURE your acne, but most people see a huge decrease in inflammation and overall breakouts. Its one of the very best things you can try, its only good for you and you cant overdose.

#10 Bruin74

Bruin74

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(Bobby Digital @ Jun 21 2007, 03:01 PM) View Post
QUOTE(laffinxD @ Jun 21 2007, 01:38 PM) View Post

dont worry, very few people get worse from fish oil...all of the biochemistry points to it being extremely good for you, and why some people would get worse or not see results is unclear(could have been rancid, could be some kind of allergic reaction...omega 3 is anti-inflammatory and should not cause acne to get worse.), but the great results people have, including myself, are undeniable.

And by the way, for most people I dont think this will completely CURE your acne, but most people see a huge decrease in inflammation and overall breakouts. Its one of the very best things you can try, its only good for you and you cant overdose.

I agree, I've never heard of it making your acne worse, I find that hard to believe, and the pills probably weren't good. Also, maybe you were taking omega 3/omega 6 combo pills which is not what you want. You want to take straight omega 3 tablets, i take 4 a day, and it has worked wonders for my skin.

#11 incubus4284

incubus4284

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

Nope took about 3-5g of that a day for 2 months did nothing for me except sweaty boot rash

They're all like "Stop spraying me with ink, Zoidberg!" "Put on pants, Zoidberg!" "Don't touch our fancy box, Zoidberg!"

#12 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(Brandy @ Jun 21 2007, 02:10 PM) View Post

Thats weird! Maybe you are allergic to omega3 shrug.gif

#13 babadum

babadum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(Bruin74 @ Jun 21 2007, 09:01 PM) View Post
I agree, I've never heard of it making your acne worse, I find that hard to believe, and the pills probably weren't good. Also, maybe you were taking omega 3/omega 6 combo pills which is not what you want. You want to take straight omega 3 tablets, i take 4 a day, and it has worked wonders for my skin.

I do take just omega 3 pills. I take 12 a day it hasn't done much to my face.

#14 i_ming

i_ming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:24 AM

i've been taking 3 pills of 1200 mg of omega 3 ever since i started the regimen. i'm definitely seeing results, i don't know if its from the bp or the fish oil, or both.

#15 herbalgirl

herbalgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:48 AM

My problem area does get more red and swollen, even when I don't break out actual acne, after I eat salmon, so I think it might not be that unusual that people respond badly to omega 3. I read the reverse saying that we consume too much omega 3 instead of omega 6. I hope I'm not on crack...

#16 DckSteel

DckSteel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(herbalgirl @ Jun 22 2007, 09:48 AM) View Post
My problem area does get more red and swollen, even when I don't break out actual acne, after I eat salmon, so I think it might not be that unusual that people respond badly to omega 3. I read the reverse saying that we consume too much omega 3 instead of omega 6. I hope I'm not on crack...

hey youre on crack. jk
because wikipedia says the ratio between omega 6 to omega 3 is 10:1 and can be up to 20:1
http://en.wikipedia....ga-3_fatty_acid

#17 Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:16 AM

not a chance in hell you consume more omega 3 than omega 6 unless your an eskimo

#18 njc6

njc6

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:57 PM

Although it is true that results vary, I should mention that I take 25,000 IUs of beta-carotene everyday and coconut oil and I'm 10 months post-accutane with still no breakouts and a had "severe cystic acne" on my face and "acne conblongata" severely on my back for 6 years

#19 babadum

babadum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(njc6 @ Jun 23 2007, 10:57 PM) View Post
Although it is true that results vary, I should mention that I take 25,000 IUs of beta-carotene everyday and coconut oil and I'm 10 months post-accutane with still no breakouts and a had "severe cystic acne" on my face and "acne conblongata" severely on my back for 6 years

so it was the accutane that helped you?