Photo

Need a place to start in order to get rid of your red marks from acne?

red mark hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#41 pandora0646

pandora0646

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

I tried using Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar last week and broke out like I haven't broken out in months. This definitely has steered me away from using ACV at all, regardless of how much it is diluted. I'm very upset because I was looking forward to the positive aspects of using the ACV such as taking care of hyperpigmentation and improvement of overall skintone. I've heard that you have to get through the intial breakout, but I'm very afraid I will only end up with more red marks. Maybe I should dilute it even more? Or should I just give up on ACV entirely?
ABR:

Morning:
Gently buff jojoba oil on dry skin to exfoliate
Acne.org cleanser
2 pumps Acne.org BP
Dan's moisturizer + jojoba
50 mg Zinc, Selenium, Multi-Vit, Vit E, Fish Oil
LOTS of green tea and water

Night:
Acne.org cleanser
Pat jojoba on before BP
2 pumps Acne.org BP
AHA+
Vasoline under eyes (perfect moisturizer!)

#42 PrezK

PrezK

CoolBreeze

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

I use Derma E Scar Gel. It seems to be doing a pretty good Job. But know this everyone is different.
Rosa parks sat so Martin Luther could walk
Martin Luther walked so Barack Obama could run
Barack Obama ran so all the children could fly
Im a spread my wings you can meet me in the sky[size=7]

#43 bunnyhoods12

bunnyhoods12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

Where can I get this AHA I keep hearing about.

#44 gda_11

gda_11

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:40 AM

Thanks! Great read...

#45 tkersty

tkersty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:27 AM

The scotch tape method costs like nothing and works wonders!! Search for it on this site. Afterwards, I just wipe my face down-apply the Aveda exfoliant toner-and moisterize (at night)
finally free!

#46 what1sth1s

what1sth1s

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:55 PM

the article cuts off after the introduction...

#47 Rafiki3

Rafiki3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

I read the article but don't know where to start. I'm a fifteen year old guy and red marks / dark spots are ruining my social life. It sucks. I've had them for about 9 months. I have about 90% of active acne and breakouts under control and they've subsided. Now I'm left with dark spots on both of my cheeks, and some lighter but still obviously discolored marks on my jawline.

What safe things can I try as growing teen to reduce the dark spots? I just don't want to do anything that will WORSEN my marks/spots, so I'm willing to try anything as long as it won't possibly make my condition worse.

PS: I did see a dermatologist. He was very vague and didn't seem that helpful. He basically put me on Epiduo and Dorox pills to fight breakouts and active acne but the main thing I was hoping he would help me with was the scars. But he said the scars could not be addressed for a few years but he didn't really say why. My only guess would be because my face is still growing since I'm still maturing so is the derm right,or can I do something now? I am really suffering self esteem and social wise due to these scars so I REALLY would like to take care of them now.

Please, any responses. I'd really appreciate some knowledgeable help.

#48 anika022

anika022

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:07 AM

thanks

Edited by anika022, 05 August 2010 - 02:08 AM.

#49 roderick9van

roderick9van

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:22 AM

thanks it good

#50 Randomstuffs261

Randomstuffs261

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

The prices make it clear! Preventing acne is better than having acne scars. Economically and pshycologically!
'Like the philosopher 'Jagger' once said':

"You can't always get what you want"

- House Season 1 - Episode 1

Please vote on my Poll - Best acne treatment?

#51 zahid

zahid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

Sorry, but the article was pointless. Most of the stuff, we knew already!

#52 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

this might be a silly question but: does it work for brown marks on the skin? i dont have red marks, i have brown ones :(

#53 Galper

Galper

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:16 AM

Does Dans regimine that include AHA and jojoba oil, help remove red or dark marks? Not scarring..

#54 Sup99

Sup99

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

No it doesn't, not in my opinion at least. BP actually makes marks more red and prominent. I only started using the AHA but haven't seen any effects yet.

#55 AmericaNicole

AmericaNicole

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Guys I struggled with red spots for 2 years! Ugh, I tried everything I could get my little hands on and I'm telling you nothing worked like Lemon juice. Don't buy that fake lemon juice crap that comes in a bottle, get actual lemons and squeeze them in a little cup and every night after washing your face take a Q-tip, dip it in the lemon juice and rub it all over your face. It will sting at first but your skin gets used to it in about a week, I really wouldn't recommend watering it down unless you have SUPER sensitive skin, otherwise just put up with the stinging and redness (which goes away pretty quick) then moisturize. Lemon reduced the red marks about 80% in about 2 months, Hydroquinone and retinol creams had barely done anything in the 6 months that I had used them. The lemon juice had even worked faster than the 3 sensi peels I had. Trust me you won't regret it! I still use lemon juice and it's still lightening some pigmentation, I have also added a 30% glycolic acid peel (a home kit I ordered) which I use once a week. I would also highly recommend Glycolic acid, that stuffs pretty amazing too. At first it seems like it makes your skin look worse for like 3 days and then MY GOD you start to see the results and I've only done 2! Anyway this is what has worked the best for me guys, hope this helps! =)

#56 frodnew

frodnew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

I do NOT recommend using steroids for acne. I was just recently on prednisone. I had almost no acne before starting it, and while on it, I suffered from the worst break-outs ever! I'm still trying to get rid of it all. Plus, if you look up prednisone, one of the side effects is acne...so I'm not sure why anyone would use steroids to treat it.