Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*Ariana*

Need a place to start in order to get rid of your red marks from acne?

56 posts in this topic

Posted · This comment is awaiting approval by a moderator · Report post

I expect this will be a controversial remedy, but it works for me! so it might work for others.

I had loads of red marks on my cheeks from acne which was quite deep, and i am a squeezer. i had a wedding approaching, so i desperately sought a remedy and have been looking on this website for years and trying all kinds of solutions, but when i found that this works better than anything i have tried before, i created an account to share it with you lovely people!

About 4 days ago i began using chlorine based household bleach and dabbing it on the red marks and leaving it to dry. The results have been unbelievable.

The marks have nearly faded entirely, and i began to see the results the next day.

I have been coupling this with jojoba oil which i regularly use as moisturiser, and exfoliating daily.

I recommend using a light layer of jojoba oil first, rubbing it in and lightly tissuing off the excess oil. Then dabs the bleach on the problem areas morning and night, using a cotton bud, or just a finger (washing the finger thoroughly afterwards)............... If it stings, or you appear to have a reaction to it, wash it off immediately, and be extremely careful not to get it in your eyes, or mouth. This didn't happen to me though.

It hasn't made my face sore, red or itchy, and apart from a faint smell of swimming pool, i now swear by this discovery!!!!!!!!!!!!

the particular brand i have been using is called 'Domestos spray bleach multipurpose cleaner'

Good Luck! i'd love to hear back from anyone else who is brave enough to take the plunge and turn them selves into a guinea pig too!

Posted · This comment is awaiting approval by a moderator · Report post

MIRACLE - Forget the other stuff, really!!

I've never written a review, but I this product worked so amazing for me that I just simply have to share.

I had moderate acne, but started using Dan's Benzyl Peroxide Treatment - after just 3 weeks my skin was NOT breaking out anymore.

The Benzyl definitely works, and the science behind it by creating an aerobic rich environment does NOT let the p.acnes bacteria grow in the pores.. This however is not why I am writing you all..

In September - literally 2 weeks before I started using Dan's products and cleared up my skin, I developed this big pimple on the side of my nose. Was such a bad place to have it as it was so noticeable. It was even more frustrating as all of my acne had cleared but this "spot" that I had developed left a big deep / bright red mark literally on the side of my nose. Weeks and weeks did not fade, and I even tried cover-up (which even more embarrassing cos I'm a male). Believe it or not, weeks turned into months, and it simply would not fade. I did it all, lemon juice, using AHA's such as the Dan product available, and in mid January I even went as far as buying 4% Hydroquinone to treat that spot and it still did nothing. If anything, made it worse cos it almost looked luminous!

5 days ago, I was getting so frustrated. I have been avoiding going out and to public gatherings, cos this spot just looked so bad, bright and damn noticeable. I looked online again, cos I have a public speech in 4 weeks time, and there is no way I can just step up with this thing on my nose and talk..

I've never used "commercial products" before - but read some reviews on this product: Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector.

The reviews were quite mixed, and at this stage, I'd try anything to get rid of or least lighten this spot on my nose! Which of course was bought on by hyperpigmentation from the pimple I had 5 months ago, yes 5 months ago!!

The product was around USD$70 (I live and work in Hong Kong), so costed here HKD$520.

That night, I cleansed, used the Benzyl treatment then started with this "cream". Its more like a serum, and instead of just treating the spot, I spread it over my face. It was really light, not greasy one bit, and absorbed. Strangely enough, within 5 mins that spot got even redder, and a little itchy for about 10 mins. I went to bed, all angry and wondering how this will ever go away, I mean it was about half a finger nail in size!! Wait for this - next morning I woke up, and I saw it had already faded.. Like not gone completely, but more like a dull kind of colour.. So the following day, I did the same routine (twice a day) with cleansing, Benzyl and the Clinique product..

Its now been my 5th day and that spot has literally disappeared.. I cannot believe it, and never in my life have I heard or seen anything this amazing!! I kept thinking to myself today that I should have used / found this product earlier instead of avoiding all these social gatherings and locking myself in my house all these months! Guys, I know its steep in price, but never have I witnessed anything so spectacular. Like you can see and feel it work straight away!! Apart from the "spot", I smeared it all over my face, and already my skin has this "glow" about it.. What sucks now is that I like this product so much is that I am thinking of using it long term, but just so expensive to stay on it.

If you have hyper pigmentation from past acne spots, YOU MUST give this a try. However from what I have read, you must have your acne under control first or you'll break-out. Do what I did, by cleansing, benzyl, then apply the Clinique serum..

Guys seriously.. 5 days and that thing I had on my nose for 5 months was gone by day 3!!

I wanted to share this with you all cos I know how stressful it is, and I myself were reading all these solutions to treat this damn spot on my nose. Now that I have accidentally found this product I needed to tell you all, as it was this site that helped me control my acne in the first place 6 months ago. Like I said.. You MUST try this serum..

I've never written a review, but I this product worked so amazing for me that I just simply have to share.

I had moderate acne, but started using Dan's Benzyl Peroxide Treatment - after just 3 weeks my skin was NOT breaking out anymore.

The Benzyl definitely works, and the science behind it by creating an aerobic rich environment does NOT let the p.acnes bacteria grow in the pores.. This however is not why I am writing you all..

In September - literally 2 weeks before I started using Dan's products and cleared up my skin, I developed this big pimple on the side of my nose. Was such a bad place to have it as it was so noticeable. It was even more frustrating as all of my acne had cleared but this "spot" that I had developed left a big deep / bright red mark literally on the side of my nose. Weeks and weeks did not fade, and I even tried cover-up (which even more embarrassing cos I'm a male). Believe it or not, weeks turned into months, and it simply would not fade. I did it all, lemon juice, using AHA's such as the Dan product available, and in mid January I even went as far as buying 4% Hydroquinone to treat that spot and it still did nothing. If anything, made it worse cos it almost looked luminous!

5 days ago, I was getting so frustrated. I have been avoiding going out and to public gatherings, cos this spot just looked so bad, bright and damn noticeable. I looked online again, cos I have a public speech in 4 weeks time, and there is no way I can just step up with this thing on my nose and talk..

I've never used "commercial products" before - but read some reviews on this product: Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector.

The reviews were quite mixed, and at this stage, I'd try anything to get rid of or least lighten this spot on my nose! Which of course was bought on by hyperpigmentation from the pimple I had 5 months ago, yes 5 months ago!!

The product was around USD$70 (I live and work in Hong Kong), so costed here HKD$520.

That night, I cleansed, used the Benzyl treatment then started with this "cream". Its more like a serum, and instead of just treating the spot, I spread it over my face. It was really light, not greasy one bit, and absorbed. Strangely enough, within 5 mins that spot got even redder, and a little itchy for about 10 mins. I went to bed, all angry and wondering how this will ever go away, I mean it was about half a finger nail in size!! Wait for this - next morning I woke up, and I saw it had already faded.. Like not gone completely, but more like a dull kind of colour.. So the following day, I did the same routine (twice a day) with cleansing, Benzyl and the Clinique product..

Its now been my 5th day and that spot has literally disappeared.. I cannot believe it, and never in my life have I heard or seen anything this amazing!! I kept thinking to myself today that I should have used / found this product earlier instead of avoiding all these social gatherings and locking myself in my house all these months! Guys, I know its steep in price, but never have I witnessed anything so spectacular. Like you can see and feel it work straight away!! Apart from the "spot", I smeared it all over my face, and already my skin has this "glow" about it.. What sucks now is that I like this product so much is that I am thinking of using it long term, but just so expensive to stay on it.

If you have hyper pigmentation from past acne spots, YOU MUST give this a try. However from what I have read, you must have your acne under control first or you'll break-out. Do what I did, by cleansing, benzyl, then apply the Clinique serum..

Guys seriously.. 5 days and that thing I had on my nose for 5 months was gone by day 3!!

I wanted to share this with you all cos I know how stressful it is, and I myself were reading all these solutions to treat this damn spot on my nose. Now that I have accidentally found this product I needed to tell you all, as it was this site that helped me control my acne in the first place 6 months ago. Like I said.. You MUST try this serum..

<p>

this might be a silly question but: does it work for brown marks on the skin? i dont have red marks, i have brown ones :(

1 person likes this

No it doesn't, not in my opinion at least. BP actually makes marks more red and prominent. I only started using the AHA but haven't seen any effects yet.

Guys I struggled with red spots for 2 years! Ugh, I tried everything I could get my little hands on and I'm telling you nothing worked like Lemon juice. Don't buy that fake lemon juice crap that comes in a bottle, get actual lemons and squeeze them in a little cup and every night after washing your face take a Q-tip, dip it in the lemon juice and rub it all over your face. It will sting at first but your skin gets used to it in about a week, I really wouldn't recommend watering it down unless you have SUPER sensitive skin, otherwise just put up with the stinging and redness (which goes away pretty quick) then moisturize. Lemon reduced the red marks about 80% in about 2 months, Hydroquinone and retinol creams had barely done anything in the 6 months that I had used them. The lemon juice had even worked faster than the 3 sensi peels I had. Trust me you won't regret it! I still use lemon juice and it's still lightening some pigmentation, I have also added a 30% glycolic acid peel (a home kit I ordered) which I use once a week. I would also highly recommend Glycolic acid, that stuffs pretty amazing too. At first it seems like it makes your skin look worse for like 3 days and then MY GOD you start to see the results and I've only done 2! Anyway this is what has worked the best for me guys, hope this helps! =)

1 person likes this

I do NOT recommend using steroids for acne. I was just recently on prednisone. I had almost no acne before starting it, and while on it, I suffered from the worst break-outs ever! I'm still trying to get rid of it all. Plus, if you look up prednisone, one of the side effects is acne...so I'm not sure why anyone would use steroids to treat it.