Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Probiotics

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone here take Probiotics? Not necessarily to cure acne but just for overall health. I think I would benefit by taking some but am not sure what brand to use or if there are different kinds. If anyone has any suggestions or can tell me what they use and where they get it that would be great. Especially if it's something I can pick up at a grocery store or a drug store. Thanks!

I recently picked up some by Garden of Life called 'Primal Defence'. I've only taken it for 3 days so I can't really tell you much more about them. They're pricy, though. I chose them because they're considered to be high quality and don't require refrigeration.

I've never looked for probiotics at drug stores, to be honest. In general I like to pick up supplements (anything from protein to vitamins) at specialized stores like Vitamin Shoppe (although I avoid GNC if I can). The selection is worth it to me.

I went to Mothers for my probiotics.

Name: Jarro-Dophilus EPS

4.4 billion organisms per capsule

Enteric Coated

Look in my signature.

I have a friend who swears by them. I've been meaning to try them for a month or so, but they are very expensive, so I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've never heard of ones that you don't have to refridgerate though. Do they work as well, do they have a shorter shelf life? I wonder how that works...

I recently picked up some by Garden of Life called 'Primal Defence'. I've only taken it for 3 days so I can't really tell you much more about them. They're pricy, though. I chose them because they're considered to be high quality and don't require refrigeration.

I've never looked for probiotics at drug stores, to be honest. In general I like to pick up supplements (anything from protein to vitamins) at specialized stores like Vitamin Shoppe (although I avoid GNC if I can). The selection is worth it to me.

Thanks for recommending Vitamin Shoppe!! I had not thought about that store! There is one in my town and I can probably find both the fish oil and probiotics that I want there, along with other good stuff.

I'm also taking Primal Defense. Kinda hard to tell if it's helping or not. My idiot derm put me on tetracycline for 4 years straight and he wrecked my digestive system so i figured a probiotic supplement wouldn't do any harm.

I would definitely look for them in a specialized store. The brands you find in pharmacies are usually low quality and most of the probiotic are dead by the time you buy the product.

what exactly do probiotics do?

I'm also taking Primal Defense. Kinda hard to tell if it's helping or not. My idiot derm put me on tetracycline for 4 years straight and he wrecked my digestive system so i figured a probiotic supplement wouldn't do any harm.

I would definitely look for them in a specialized store. The brands you find in pharmacies are usually low quality and most of the probiotic are dead by the time you buy the product.