Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how long does it take to see results with 2% salicylic acid?

9 posts in this topic

i have been on B5 for about 5 weeks now and i no longer get whiteheads but i still do get blackheads and i now have the infamous tiny bumbs (clogged pores) on my forehead ](*,) . and since i know BP doesn't really do much good for blackheads and such, i am starting to use a 2% salicylic acid wash and i was just wondering how long it would take to see results with it? thanks! biggrin.gif

i wouldn't use a wash.. you'll want to use something that stays on your skin. most washes are not on the skin long enough to do anything and their pH is usually too off to even consider them usable for proper exfoliation.

a month or 2. but btw, most people experience an initial "purge" when starting a bha. which is the trendy term for breakout.

what dosage of b5 are you on btw?

well actually i am not on a wash. i am using the neutrogena .5% salicylic acid blackhead eliminating astringent and the neutrogena 1.5% salicylic acid multi-vitamin acne treatment for my red marks. and since those equal 2% i thought i would just say i was on a 2% wash to make it easier for people to answer :-$ lol

and i am currently on 10 grams of B5 a day.

Differin worked wonders for me in terms of eliminating blackheads. I've used Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin before, but it doesnt work for acne. I understand you are using it for red marks, but I've never heard of the usage of salicylic for red marks.

I'd say Paula's Choice 2% BHA is a very good product. www.paulaschoice.com. It doesnt dry the skin.

I've used Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin before, but it doesnt work for acne. I understand you are using it for red marks, but I've never heard of the usage of salicylic for red marks.

so far it seems to be working for my red marks. they have gone from a dark pink to a lighter pink and it has only been a few days  biggrin.gif

well actually i am not on a wash. i am using the neutrogena .5% salicylic acid blackhead eliminating astringent and the neutrogena 1.5% salicylic acid multi-vitamin acne treatment for my red marks. and since those equal 2% i thought i would just say i was on a 2% wash to make it easier for people to answer  :-$  lol

and i am currently on 10 grams of B5 a day.

I've been using L'Oreal Pure Zone Steps 2 and 3 for a bit less than a couple of weeks now (it has 2% SA) and it started working from Day 1. My face is almost clear, my skin is very smooth and small red marks are fading. It hasn't irritated my skin at all. biggrin.gif

thanks guys. i am already starting to see results with the products i am using. most of my blackheads have broken down and are gone, and my red marks are fading relatively quickly. my skin have never looked so good (except before i had acne :-$ ) lol