Photo

how long does it take to see results with 2% salicylic acid?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 parks

parks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:27 PM

i have been on B5 for about 5 weeks now and i no longer get whiteheads but i still do get blackheads and i now have the infamous tiny bumbs (clogged pores) on my forehead ](*,) . and since i know BP doesn't really do much good for blackheads and such, i am starting to use a 2% salicylic acid wash and i was just wondering how long it would take to see results with it? thanks! biggrin.gif

#2 blahblahblah

blahblahblah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:10 PM

i wouldn't use a wash.. you'll want to use something that stays on your skin. most washes are not on the skin long enough to do anything and their pH is usually too off to even consider them usable for proper exfoliation.

a month or 2. but btw, most people experience an initial "purge" when starting a bha. which is the trendy term for breakout.

what dosage of b5 are you on btw?

#3 parks

parks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2004 - 05:03 PM

well actually i am not on a wash. i am using the neutrogena .5% salicylic acid blackhead eliminating astringent and the neutrogena 1.5% salicylic acid multi-vitamin acne treatment for my red marks. and since those equal 2% i thought i would just say i was on a 2% wash to make it easier for people to answer :-$ lol

and i am currently on 10 grams of B5 a day.

#4 WendyTwendy

WendyTwendy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2004 - 02:13 AM

Differin worked wonders for me in terms of eliminating blackheads. I've used Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin before, but it doesnt work for acne. I understand you are using it for red marks, but I've never heard of the usage of salicylic for red marks.
I'd say Paula's Choice 2% BHA is a very good product. www.paulaschoice.com. It doesnt dry the skin.

#5 parks

parks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2004 - 09:44 AM

I've used Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin before, but it doesnt work for acne. I understand you are using it for red marks, but I've never heard of the usage of salicylic for red marks.

i know it doesn't work good for acne but that is why i am using the astringent in the morning and C&C Continuous Control at night wink.gif

and here is a quote from neutrogena.com about the multi-vitamin acne treatment: "...while helping to fade marks and even out blotches from past breakouts." i believe it even says that on the box, too. so far it seems to be working for my red marks. they have gone from a dark pink to a lighter pink and it has only been a few days biggrin.gif

#6 WendyTwendy

WendyTwendy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:00 AM

so far it seems to be working for my red marks. they have gone from a dark pink to a lighter pink and it has only been a few days  biggrin.gif

That's good then. Hope the result continues.

#7 charlac

charlac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2004 - 02:19 PM

well actually i am not on a wash. i am using the neutrogena .5% salicylic acid blackhead eliminating astringent and the neutrogena 1.5% salicylic acid multi-vitamin acne treatment for my red marks. and since those equal 2% i thought i would just say i was on a 2% wash to make it easier for people to answer  :-$  lol

and i am currently on 10 grams of B5 a day.

I'm using the neutrogena black head eliminating gel mask on my nose everyday for 3 weeks and it's worked better than anything i ever used. Plus I went back on proactiv and so far no irritation when I mix the 2. I think putting it on your face for 5 minutes and then washing it off is good enough. Also I noticed I applied it between my eyebrows and when I was plucking out some hair they seem to break off. It shows how strong that stuff is even at 0.5 percent. But I'm quite happy about those blackheads being almost entirely gone cause I just realized how nasty they were when I always had them.

#8 stray

stray

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2004 - 09:00 AM

I've been using L'Oreal Pure Zone Steps 2 and 3 for a bit less than a couple of weeks now (it has 2% SA) and it started working from Day 1. My face is almost clear, my skin is very smooth and small red marks are fading. It hasn't irritated my skin at all. biggrin.gif

#9 parks

parks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2004 - 08:18 PM

thanks guys. i am already starting to see results with the products i am using. most of my blackheads have broken down and are gone, and my red marks are fading relatively quickly. my skin have never looked so good (except before i had acne :-$ ) lol