Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arrow

Vaseline before make-up

18 posts in this topic

So maybelline mouse matte thing makes me break out, and a friend of mines (who by the way has perfectly clear skin) told me to use vaseline before i put on the matte and i wont break out.

I wanted to know if anyone has tryed this and if it works or not.

That sounds like a pore-clogging fest to me personally. :confused:

Skin status: On my first month of my second course of accutane. Still breaking out, but acne is drying up.

Skin Care: origins clean energy oil cleanser, aubrey organics vegecol toner, olay complete moisterizer, jojoba oil

If I remember correctly, Vaseline is too big to get into your pores. It "moisturizers" because it doesn't let water out.

Experience_The_Pat: my brother called me when i was really tired one time

Experience_The_Pat: and i was like "hey what's up? not much"

Experience_The_Pat: needless to say there was massive confusion

Yeah I'm also pretty sure the molecules or whatever are too large to clog your pores.. but the thought of walking around with a Vaseline covered face all day.. blech

Yeah I'm also pretty sure the molecules or whatever are too large to clog your pores.. but the thought of walking around with a Vaseline covered face all day.. blech

The following is the 2007 winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term. This year's term was Political Correctness. The winner wrote:

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

there are many warrants out for your arrest Jai, many, many, many

The worst thing that happens to Jen

Is the feeling that comes to her when

Her man, he is gone

She wants to get it on

But she's run out of batteries AGAIN.

If you want a super shiny, greasy face then do it.

Vaseline is not some impenetrable barrier between you your makeup either. It will absorb & your makeup will will come into contact with your skin. If you want to try a makeup primer, then go for one that will help makeup last, not make it slimy. That said, if your makeup is breaking you out, find a new one. Vaseline or primer will not change the fact that your skin is reacting badly to it.

Nature of the Beast: Moderate, inflammatory, several cysts, large pores & very oily
Current Status: Very mild overall, with some red marks & mild "bumpiness" on chin (possible scarring).
Use: Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser or Acne.org Cleanser / Acne.org 2.5% BP day & night / Acne.org Moisturizer for day / DHC Cleansing Oil or Neutrogena Towlettes to remove makeup at night / Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Creme at night

Makeup: Stila Stay All Day Foundation in Light 2 or Beige 3. Cover FX compact powder in 10.

-----

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood." - Søren Kierkegaard

I heard Vaseline is really good for the skin. Though, it would leave very very very greasy during the day. I wouldnt even know how u would apply makeup, with that thick layer. At night you could use it, since you go to bed, but during the day, i dont know :think: Maybe you can mix Vaseline with aloe vera gel or your moisturiser, to make it more into a lotion.

If you ask me, Vaseline is known to be thick and able of a shiny finish - and I wouldn't want me face like that, regardless of its possible benefits. Although celebrities such as Tyra Banks have endorsed the idea of facial Vaseline usage, I suggest to stay away from it. Besides, Tyra Banks has said that she has dry skin, so I guess Vaseline would have been appropriate.

I think Vaseline usage is suggested to be done at night though.. not during the day under makeup.. when my skin was at its driest during Accutane I would moisturize and then put on a layer of Vaseline at night to make sure it stayed in.. now that I've totally changed the subject, lol

plus vaseline is so hard to wash off!!

Regimen...FINISHED ACCUTANE MAY 4th 2008!!!

Morning

cetaphil

aveeno spf 30

Evening

cetaphil

mama lotion

yeah, vaseline does not clog pores, it says on the tub! :)

but i have not heard of putting it on before applying makeup..i agree with the others, i dont see that feeling nice AT ALL!

Verdict is.. no Vaseline under make up!

So maybelline mouse matte thing makes me break out, and a friend of mines (who by the way has perfectly clear skin) told me to use vaseline before i put on the matte and i wont break out.

I wanted to know if anyone has tryed this and if it works or not.

The euphoria happens so fast, but the forgetting happens so slow.

LOL.. shooting her friend may be a little harsh.. maybe just steal her Vaseline

LOL.. shooting her friend may be a little harsh.. maybe just steal her Vaseline

Morning:

Wash Face with Glytone

Apply Benzaclin

PURPOSE Redness Reducing Moisturizer with SPF 30

Burts Bee's Chapstick

Yaz BC

Night:

Wash Face with Glytone

PURPOSE Redness Reducing Moisturizer with SPF 30

Tazorac .5

Burts Bee's Chapstick

Other:

2 times a week Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask for 20 min

Current Skin: Clear a soft except for one spot on my forehead

I use to break out alot and wasn't sure why? :think: I tried everything there is out there, even Pro Active! Now, I'm currently using vaseline under my makeup. Once I wash my face and dry it I apply the vaseline with wet hands. (COLD WATER) This will help so the vaseline doesnt go on so thick. I apply my make up as normal... Physicians Formula is the BEST makeup that wont make you break out. You should give it a try. At night I wash my face but use a night cream... Ever since I started using Vaseline I haven't been breaking out and my acne scars from before are healing. I guess every person is different. Hey it's worth a try! Good Luck!!! :D

1 person likes this

Two words. CLOGGED. PORES.

Use a proper primer if you want to prime your makeup.

actually, if you want a natural primer that will help fade acne scars, 100% aloe vera fresh from the plant is great. It moisturizes too.

Vaseline has never clogged my pores. I don't know if it actually does but it feels like it would since its so goopy. I feel like it would make your makeup look worse.. hmm you could try it once and see how it goes maybe?

-mayholic where do you buy aloe vera fresh from the plant