Scarless Healing

5534 replies to this topic

#5521 scarsgone2017

scarsgone2017

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:19 AM

@bloodswar : you are lucky even though you get 3rd degree burn, you dont get it on face... imagine people who have scars on their faces please...

Be pitiful to them

#5522 cycloverid

cycloverid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:53 AM

Justaboy, at the end of the day, a methodology inside a dated document, signed by many scientists and published in the National Acedemy of the Sciences,  got complete regeneration of a 3rd degree burn.

Scars are not skin, you can get scars in almost any part of the body, liver, lungs, skin etc. If the damage is deep enough the organ can not regenerate and the body creates a scar. Dextran hydrogel is a scaffolding that helps the body to create new skin instead of scar tissue.Actually is a kind of ECM that mimics the embryonic skin niche for intact skin regeneration.http://www.jscimedce...tive-2-1007.php

What is your ETA for hydrogel? Do you think that it will come soon? Angiogenic healing sounds crazy, and how can hydrogel facilitate the growth of specialized skin cells onto one area?

you keep quoting this as your hope but do note that even if it did work on mice.  Its still almost a 50-50 chance if it will work in humans.
IF hydrogels pass pig testing which is long overdue, it still may not work on humans. If it works on humans, it still may not provide scar free healing, maybe only reduced scarring. If it really produces scar free healing, if it costs $10000 a spot, just like stem cell fat grafting, you still wont be able to get it.

For a guy with third degree burns like me , tbh it doesnt seem very hopeful. I would need full freaking body hydrogel wrap .

Dont worry its within 20 years mark

Something big will come in less than 10 years with the way things are (exponentially) advancing. We live in exciting times.

That is what they thought 10 years ago. They thought we would be riding in flying cars too.

Flying cars will be a reality soon:

But I don't wish to argue with you. I realize that things will never move fast enough for those in need, but we are lucky that we have the chance to get a cure for this in our lifetimes. 50+ years ago and you'd be stuck without hope.

#5523 bloodwar44

bloodwar44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

@bloodswar : you are lucky even though you get 3rd degree burn, you dont get it on face... imagine people who have scars on their faces please...

Be pitiful to them

Its all over my face and body, much much worse than any of your "acne scars" that only show up in the sunlight, i was saying that even if they could fix my face, i would need a full body wrap of hydrogel to get back to normal and they would literally have to slice off skin from my entire body and remove full thickness tissue. Pretty much like skinning someone alive.

Justaboy, at the end of the day, a methodology inside a dated document, signed by many scientists and published in the National Acedemy of the Sciences,  got complete regeneration of a 3rd degree burn.

Scars are not skin, you can get scars in almost any part of the body, liver, lungs, skin etc. If the damage is deep enough the organ can not regenerate and the body creates a scar. Dextran hydrogel is a scaffolding that helps the body to create new skin instead of scar tissue.Actually is a kind of ECM that mimics the embryonic skin niche for intact skin regeneration.http://www.jscimedce...tive-2-1007.php

What is your ETA for hydrogel? Do you think that it will come soon? Angiogenic healing sounds crazy, and how can hydrogel facilitate the growth of specialized skin cells onto one area?

you keep quoting this as your hope but do note that even if it did work on mice.  Its still almost a 50-50 chance if it will work in humans.
IF hydrogels pass pig testing which is long overdue, it still may not work on humans. If it works on humans, it still may not provide scar free healing, maybe only reduced scarring. If it really produces scar free healing, if it costs $10000 a spot, just like stem cell fat grafting, you still wont be able to get it.

For a guy with third degree burns like me , tbh it doesnt seem very hopeful. I would need full freaking body hydrogel wrap .

>>>>>> 

Dont worry its within 20 years mark

Something big will come in less than 10 years with the way things are (exponentially) advancing. We live in exciting times.

That is what they thought 10 years ago. They thought we would be riding in flying cars too.

Flying cars will be a reality soon:

But I don't wish to argue with you. I realize that things will never move fast enough for those in need, but we are lucky that we have the chance to get a cure for this in our lifetimes. 50+ years ago and you'd be stuck without hope.

I meant flying cars that are available to mainstream people and being used by the world and on every street, not millionaires who can afford to buy yachts and take space shuttles around the world for fun. its unlikely that you, personally, will be in a flying car even 10 years from now , flying to work.

Scar free healing in a way is the same. We are saying that soon we can overcome the body's natural mechanism of scarring that has been happening for tens of thousands of years. Which is a pretty big thing considering we can't even cure the flu right now .

anyway I am only mentioning this because someone on the facebook page asked gemstone "why they have to price it right to compete". Obviously severe burns from accidents dont happen like small pimple spots and you will need a lot more treatment for it.

Edited by bloodwar44, 22 October 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#5524 seabs135

seabs135

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

Bloodwar44, this is something that got degraded rapidly and got complete regeneration of a third degree burn, the control did not, and this is in a reliable historical scientific document.  (I'm going on, again, but restating a fact...)  Now we have evidence, this is not a big thing to imagine, it degraded and got complete regeneration... 

Edited: As I sound like a misery...

Bloodwar another thing you say is I'm going on about something,  like if I'm debating something on an internet messageboard? or as if I'm debating some concoction on a message board? All I’m doing is keeping to the framework of the facts using few words as possible... I’m deliberately debating nothing here... To me a debate would be a faux debate, kind of like debating a football score.  Imo a perceived debate here, debases the evidence.  Sometimes it can even be pointless posting these facts on an internet messageboard, as I think some people actually do sometimes believe this evidence is up for debate, and therefore it is up to be prejudiced and obscured by baseless opinions and assertions... 

Edited by seabs135, 22 October 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#5525 scarsgone2017

scarsgone2017

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:35 PM

I like seabs optimism and thats really comforting...

He really turns abiguity between hope and despair into more to the hope side...

I like u man...hope this hydrogel works..

#5526 seabs135

seabs135

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:10 AM

Scarsgone I'm guessing you mean well but what I've stated is not an optimistic or a pessimistic assertion... What I've stated is a standard that has been shown in a scientific document. 

Edited by seabs135, 23 October 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#5527 imad

imad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:40 AM

http://www.ioffer.co...l-10g-570412773

This claims to do something but i'll let u guys deceide looks like it hasn't been out of long imo

Edited by imad, 23 October 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#5528 scarsgone2017

scarsgone2017

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

http://m.phys.org/ne...ation-skin.html

Newest hydrogel news, it appears hydrogel improve scar by 30%

#5529 ser25

ser25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:14 AM

Hey, everybody. I found something. I am very surprised there is so little information about it. Study from last year:
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24317052
It's about the effect of resveratrol on scars. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Resveratrol
As I understand the text, 80% reduction of existing scars in 3 days (72 hours), with a substance (resveratrol) that is out there to buy now. So not about new wounds, but scars already formed. Used with DMSO and growth medium. This was not tried in mice but on an excised human scar. 80% reduction of the types of collagen that forms the scar.
Concluding statement: "resveratrol is a potential agent for HS treatment."
So a very good thing if this works out: resveratrol is already approved and you can get it without prescription. So it's not sitting in a lab somewhere unavailable to the public like the hydrogel. It's also kind of cheap.
I do not know if resveratrol comes in different types, as a supplement it comes as a powder.
Chinese researchers, I suppose it's hard to contact them.
It would be good if someone with more technical understanding than me could read through the paper and see what conclusions should be drawn from it.

Edited by ser25, 23 October 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#5530 bloodwar44

bloodwar44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:31 AM

http://m.phys.org/ne...ation-skin.html

Newest hydrogel news, it appears hydrogel improve scar by 30%

please stop spreading lies... not all hydrogels are equal...and even if they are....where is any mention of 30%?

Did shahul kahul tell you that?

Hey, everybody. I found something. I am very surprised there is so little information about it. Study from last year:
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24317052
It's about the effect of resveratrol on scars. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Resveratrol
As I understand the text, 80% reduction of existing scars in 3 days (72 hours), with a substance (resveratrol) that is out there to buy now. So not about new wounds, but scars already formed. Used with DMSO and growth medium. This was not tried in mice but on an excised human scar. 80% reduction of the types of collagen that forms the scar.
Concluding statement: "resveratrol is a potential agent for HS treatment."
So a very good thing if this works out: resveratrol is already approved and you can get it without prescription. So it's not sitting in a lab somewhere unavailable to the public like the hydrogel. It's also kind of cheap.
I do not know if resveratrol comes in different types, as a supplement it comes as a powder.
Chinese researchers, I suppose it's hard to contact them.
It would be good if someone with more technical understanding than me could read through the paper and see what conclusions should be drawn from it.

This seems to be about hypertrophic scarring though.

Edited by bloodwar44, 23 October 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#5531 ser25

ser25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

For acne, there was a study using resveratrol for 30 days which got a 54% improvement.
http://m.wisegeek.co...ol-for-acne.htm
http://www.cbsnews.c...t-on-your-skin/

But anyway, even if the study I linked to in my earlier post above only applies to hypertrophic scars: there are millions of people out there with such scars and this is perhaps a simple solution to a huge unmet need, then why on earth isn't someone picking up on this? What's going on here? I don't mean this forum specifically but the world and the medical research community. The study was published over ten months ago.

Edited by ser25, 23 October 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#5532 bloodwar44

bloodwar44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 12:25 AM

For acne, there was a study using resveratrol for 30 days which got a 54% improvement.
http://m.wisegeek.co...ol-for-acne.htm
http://www.cbsnews.c...t-on-your-skin/

But anyway, even if the study I linked to in my earlier post above only applies to hypertrophic scars: there are millions of people out there with such scars and this is perhaps a simple solution to a huge unmet need, then why on earth isn't someone picking up on this? What's going on here? I don't mean this forum specifically but the world and the medical research community. The study was published over ten months ago.

Because you can get 54% elsewhere easily

#5533 scarsgone2017

scarsgone2017

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 02:54 AM

@bloodwar44 : no, with current treatments you can hardly get even 10%, while hydrogel could get 30%++

#5534 ser25

ser25

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 04:55 AM

For hypertrophic scars there was a 60% reduction after 24 hours, a 70% reduction after 48 hours and an 80% reduction after 72 hours of treatment (it's in the paper) and as far as I know there is nothing out there that even slightly reduces hypertrophic scars. I'm still bullish on this.

As I understand the paper: resveratrol actually kills off the cells in the collagen deposits, and collagen deposits=scar. So not some "smoothing" or "flattening" but actual eradication of the scar tissue.

Edited by ser25, Yesterday, 04:59 AM.

#5535 bloodwar44

bloodwar44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Today, 10:18 AM

All i find in the articles is the reduction of acne (and not scars) by 54%

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users