#4761 Maldition

Maldition

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

then stadistics,math, and science?

"Only fools deal in absolutes."

Scars are like diseases, destroy the lives of people...

#4762 golfpanther

golfpanther

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Are you trying to say that scientists and mathematicians deal in absolutes? If so, you're sorely mistaken. Scientists (honest and good ones) would never say anything is an absolute. Science and math are both constantly evolving fields that change as a our understanding of the data and ability to analyze in new and different ways grows. The obvious example was the belief that the world was flat or that Earth was the center of solar system. As methods improved, so too did our understanding. A more complicated example would be frequency response curves of the human ear. A long held belief was supplanted by new testing and greater precision.

So no, I definitely don't think scientists, statisticians, mathematicians, biologists, doctors etc. deal in absolutes. In fact, I would guess they would be some of the last people to do so. 

#4763 Maldition

Maldition

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

I see that you have no idea what you say

go to first-year physics

we are physical (chemical) beings, physical process has a beginning and end,

The universe seems infinite, but has a beginning and an end. the universe is so big that our cosmic level problems are nonexistent. time is measured in millions of years for which we 'do not exist' in fact what we live for, plus they always live in the past (what we do is we move so we lived rebound in the past). There are no museums or football, heroes  and all this has no relevance either at the time or cosmic level, even so and all this universe has limits in its extension. physics thus determines a limit. Does your do not understand that we are biological and chemical beings?

the facts are just variables in a large salad, the variables are not transcendent enough to determine anything unless a significant percentage in favor or against. variables can say that regeneration requires modular growth factors, but this does not mean that doing that we have the solution

so, there is no solution at the day, that's it and that is the way it is

i just remember a words

'bastards just believe in positivism and facts, but only geniuses can look impartially, the positivism, is a cute blindfolded to pass the time and do nothing ... but I'd rather live without that band and do something or just realize what will be the reality that will come'

and yes, you, are wrong again (like many here)  

Are you trying to say that scientists and mathematicians deal in absolutes? If so, you're sorely mistaken. Scientists (honest and good ones) would never say anything is an absolute. Science and math are both constantly evolving fields that change as a our understanding of the data and ability to analyze in new and different ways grows. The obvious example was the belief that the world was flat or that Earth was the center of solar system. As methods improved, so too did our understanding. A more complicated example would be frequency response curves of the human ear. A long held belief was supplanted by new testing and greater precision.

So no, I definitely don't think scientists, statisticians, mathematicians, biologists, doctors etc. deal in absolutes. In fact, I would guess they would be some of the last people to do so. 

Edited by Maldition, 22 September 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#4764 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Regenerating from the Core

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Human being has 7 bodies.

Physical

Spiritual

Mental

Cosmic

Etheric

Nirvanic

Astral

If you're bored of Suburbia, burn down your house,lets dance in the colour of the fire.

#4765 Vladislav

Vladislav

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:regenerative medicine

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Maldition I'm sorry to see that you suffer so much, you said you're taking some anti-depressants or something, so how old are you and what kind of scars do you have? If you have mild to moderate acne scars than there is no reason for you to be so sad, you can have a longer beard and the problem is partially solved.
And have a little more faith in regenerative medicine!
Read this:
and this:

Edited by Vladislav, 22 September 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#4766 golfpanther

golfpanther

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

go to first-year physics

The universe seems infinite, but has a beginning and an end. the universe is so big that our cosmic level problems are nonexistent. time is measured in millions of years for which we 'do not exist' in fact what we live for, plus they always live in the past (what we do is we move so we lived rebound in the past). There are no museums or football, heroes  and all this has no relevance either at the time or cosmic level, even so and all this universe has limits in its extension. physics thus determines a limit. Does your do not understand that we are biological and chemical beings?

the facts are just variables in a large salad, the variables are not transcendent enough to determine anything unless a significant percentage in favor or against. variables can say that regeneration requires modular growth factors, but this does not mean that doing that we have the solution

i just remember a words

'bastards just believe in positivism and facts, but only geniuses can look impartially, the positivism, is a cute blindfolded to pass the time and do nothing ... but I'd rather live without that band and do something or just realize what will be the reality that will come'

Are you referring to Newton's Laws of motion? Is that what you're referencing in terms of me taking a physics course (which I've taken 4 at a college level)?

Well, they work great in macroscopic conditions but they are inappropriate for things that are incredibly small, move at extremely fast speeds or very strong forces of gravity. Like anything in science (as of now) there are always exceptions and anomalies that preclude any absolute. That may be the end goal for science; the absolute truth of the universe and all of its operations, but it hasn't happened as of yet and likely never will. Look at any science that has proclaimed something to be a definite, an absolute. Something always comes along to show that it's not absolute in all cases thanks to better analysis and tools.

And then you state that physical processes have a beginning and an end. Yes, humans die, but that isn't the end of the matter that comprised us. You've written a poorly constructed sentence that really means nothing. Another law in science is the Law of Conservation of Mass. So unless you are limiting physical processes to organic beings (which would be unwise and untrue) then you are flying in the face of something you would probably consider an absolute. Incidentally, that law would probably be more accurate if it was the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy.

Again, your English is so poor that it's hard to even comprehend any point, if there is one, that you're trying to make so forgive me if I'm not understanding because of that deficit. I don't know whose quote that is but I can't say that I agree with it. And for someone that was just writing about the importance of absolutes in science (something that is based on objective facts) this sure seems to contradict that. But it is in line with your thinking since the writer seems to think they can just "realize" the reality without facts being necessary. And you aren't living by those words. You aren't doing anything but proclaiming "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!" 

We all know you don't believe the hydrogel is going work and I think we're all fine with your thinking that. But when you start writing poorly constructed posts meant to shift the narrative into pseudo-scientific nonsense you degrade the message board. I'm sorry you're depressed about your scars and don't want to get burned by new research raising your hopes up. But what you do on this board causes more harm than good because it's in no way productive. You're like a religious zealot proclaiming that everything is and always will be and can never be changed because God wills it to be so. You may claim that your suppositions are based on something scientific but nothing is. It's just the writings of a guy that's pissed, hurt and upset about not getting his way. We all feel your pain, so why not try to remain objective and give us something to actually think about such as why you scientifically don't think it will work. And I don't mean writing stuff like your hard to decipher ramblings about variables, salad and growth factors. Something tangible, something tested or something from an expert you've talked to who gives their reasons.

One last thing; what am I wrong about? I've never said the hydrogel is definitely going to work and even if I had there's no study that's shown that it won't as of yet. I guess I'm wrong because I believe in the power of humans to change things (as we have for millennia)? Or is it something else? 

Sigh, enough of this. Can we please just keep the board to updates on things related to scar free healing? It doesn't have to be the hydrogel or anything else previously discussed. I just want to get away from this kind of thing.

Edited by golfpanther, 22 September 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#4767 Maldition

Maldition

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

Maldition I'm sorry to see that you suffer so much, you said you're taking some anti-depressants or something, so how old are you and what kind of scars do you have? If you have mild to moderate acne scars than there is no reason for you to be so sad, you can have a longer beard and the problem is partially solved.
Read this:
and this:

i do not take any medication, i only wanna know if any here take a medication because a depression because scars and how its that feell nothing more, you must read better, the english

Edited by Maldition, 22 September 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#4768 Maldition

Maldition

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

go to first-year physics

i just remember a words

Are you referring to Newton's Laws of motion? Is that what you're referencing in terms of me taking a physics course (which I've taken 4 at a college level)?

Well, they work great in macroscopic conditions but they are inappropriate for things that are incredibly small, move at extremely fast speeds or very strong forces of gravity. Like anything in science (as of now) there are always exceptions and anomalies that preclude any absolute. That may be the end goal for science; the absolute truth of the universe and all of its operations, but it hasn't happened as of yet and likely never will. Look at any science that has proclaimed something to be a definite, an absolute. Something always comes along to show that it's not absolute in all cases thanks to better analysis and tools.

And then you state that physical processes have a beginning and an end. Yes, humans die, but that isn't the end of the matter that comprised us. You've written a poorly constructed sentence that really means nothing. Another law in science is the Law of Conservation of Mass. So unless you are limiting physical processes to organic beings (which would be unwise and untrue) then you are flying in the face of something you would probably consider an absolute. Incidentally, that law would probably be more accurate if it was the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy.

Again, your English is so poor that it's hard to even comprehend any point, if there is one, that you're trying to make so forgive me if I'm not understanding because of that deficit. I don't know whose quote that is but I can't say that I agree with it. And for someone that was just writing about the importance of absolutes in science (something that is based on objective facts) this sure seems to contradict that. But it is in line with your thinking since the writer seems to think they can just "realize" the reality without facts being necessary. And you aren't living by those words. You aren't doing anything but proclaiming "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!" 

We all know you don't believe the hydrogel is going work and I think we're all fine with your thinking that. But when you start writing poorly constructed posts meant to shift the narrative into pseudo-scientific nonsense you degrade the message board. I'm sorry you're depressed about your scars and don't want to get burned by new research raising your hopes up. But what you do on this board causes more harm than good because it's in no way productive. You're like a religious zealot proclaiming that everything is and always will be and can never be changed because God wills it to be so. You may claim that your suppositions are based on something scientific but nothing is. It's just the writings of a guy that's pissed, hurt and upset about not getting his way. We all feel your pain, so why not try to remain objective and give us something to actually think about such as why you scientifically don't think it will work. And I don't mean writing stuff like your hard to decipher ramblings about variables, salad and growth factors. Something tangible, something tested or something from an expert you've talked to who gives their reasons.

One last thing; what am I wrong about? I've never said the hydrogel is definitely going to work and even if I had there's no study that's shown that it won't as of yet. I guess I'm wrong because I believe in the power of humans to change things (as we have for millennia)? Or is it something else? 

Sigh, enough of this. Can we please just keep the board to updates on things related to scar free healing? It doesn't have to be the hydrogel or anything else previously discussed. I just want to get away from this kind of thing.

nevermind

Edited by Maldition, 22 September 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#4769 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Read this:
and this:

i do not take any medication, i only wanna know if any here take a medication because a depression because scars and how its that feell nothing more, you must read better, the english

lol my laptop  broke down so i'm writing this using my  playstation  3 which is annoying to do. but i've taken meds once, maldition. because of this very gloomy state i was in due to... well, it was partly due to the scarring i had and it was like it turned  my mind into arock where it was a river before. hard to explain. anyway, i'd recommend seeing a psychologist. talking helps.

#4770 Maldition

Maldition

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Read this:
and this:

lol my laptop  broke down so i'm writing this using my  playstation  3 which is annoying to do. but i've taken meds once, maldition. because of this very gloomy state i was in due to... well, it was partly due to the scarring i had and it was like it turned  my mind into arock where it was a river before. hard to explain. anyway, i'd recommend seeing a psychologist. talking helps.

psychologists are useless, if ye serve suffered some psychological trauma that fixed this then there is nothing more.

but when there is psychological trauma due to physical trauma(fisic body trauma), doctors always say that the solution is to reduce the unsightly, because if not removed the scar is very difficult for the patient to 'cure'

and well, I do not accept not in this case, I refuse to accept that there is no solution though admittedly there.

if I be happy with my scars would be a mediocre. I can not understand people as happy with scars. I admit that I'm a perfectionist and that aggravates my character, even so, and all live in a superficial world so I can not understand how people live happy with this.

just say be happy with scar is somewhat infamous for my

Edited by Maldition, 24 September 2013 - 02:12 AM.

#4771 Vladislav

Vladislav

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

and well, I do not accept not in this case, I refuse to accept that there is no solution though admittedly there.

if I be happy with my scars would be a mediocre. I can not understand people as happy with scars. I admit that I'm a perfectionist and that aggravates my character, even so, and all live in a superficial world so I can not understand how people live happy with this.

just say be happy with scar is somewhat infamous for my

This girl has mild to moderate acne scars, you can read comments on her videos, everybody tells her she is beautiful both from the inside and outside:
And she's a girl, for girls it is more important how they look from the outside than for guys, and of course she cannot wear a long beard to hide her acne scars.

#4772 Maldition

Maldition

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

we are fuc. so what you gonna do? just live and triyng to be good

Edited by Maldition, 26 September 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#4773 Maldition

Maldition

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Human being has 7 bodies.

Physical

Spiritual

Mental

Cosmic

Etheric

Nirvanic

Astral

Astral plan was my interest in adolescence then disappoint me to research and find out which is called sleep paralysis

Edited by Maldition, 26 September 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#4774 Rez77

Rez77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

wow this thread was started in 2007. Almost 7 years ago. AND THERE HAS BEEN NOT A SINGLE IMPROVEMENT IN EVEN MODERATELY HEALING ACNE SCARS. 7 YEARS. SO MUCH FOR KURZWEIL AND "EXPONENTIAL GROWTH" IN BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES!!!!

CHECK BACK IN 7 YEARS, 2020, we might have some small sliver of hope by then, or MAYBE NOT!!! 

#4775 Hiddy Cheeks

Hiddy Cheeks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

wow this thread was started in 2007. Almost 7 years ago. AND THERE HAS BEEN NOT A SINGLE IMPROVEMENT IN EVEN MODERATELY HEALING ACNE SCARS. 7 YEARS. SO MUCH FOR KURZWEIL AND "EXPONENTIAL GROWTH" IN BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES!!!!

CHECK BACK IN 7 YEARS, 2020, we might have some small sliver of hope by then, or MAYBE NOT!!! 

The only real solution for acne scar sufferers is regeneration of healthy skin. None of the current treatments even come close to offering this. We hear a lot of hype around the potential of stem cell treatments and the like but we never see anything useful coming out of it. This shows how incredibly difficult the challenge of skin regeneration is. The truth is, there are all sorts of similar problems in medicine and science has failed to solve any of them. Usually, once a part of the human body is damaged it stays that way subject to whatever healing mechanism the body might bring to bear on the problem. For example, I suffer from tinnitus which is a condition that results from damaged cilia in the ears. Damaged cilia are like acne scarred skin, once they are broke they stay that way, and despite years of trying, science can't do anything about it. I'm pessimistic. I think many of the issues medical science faces, like scarred skin, are massive and possibly insurmountable. Yes, come back in 7 years but if I was putting money on it I'd say that at that time we'll still be going around in circles and coming to dead ends. It's as though God decided that some problems should never be solved. 

#4776 Rez77

Rez77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

The only real solution for acne scar sufferers is regeneration of healthy skin. None of the current treatments even come close to offering this. We hear a lot of hype around the potential of stem cell treatments and the like but we never see anything useful coming out of it. This shows how incredibly difficult the challenge of skin regeneration is. The truth is, there are all sorts of similar problems in medicine and science has failed to solve any of them. Usually, once a part of the human body is damaged it stays that way subject to whatever healing mechanism the body might bring to bear on the problem. For example, I suffer from tinnitus which is a condition that results from damaged cilia in the ears. Damaged cilia are like acne scarred skin, once they are broke they stay that way, and despite years of trying, science can't do anything about it. I'm pessimistic. I think many of the issues medical science faces, like scarred skin, are massive and possibly insurmountable. Yes, come back in 7 years but if I was putting money on it I'd say that at that time we'll still be going around in circles and coming to dead ends. It's as though God decided that some problems should never be solved. 

I agree with this generally. I mean you read all this Ray Kurzweil stuff about exponential growth in the biological sciences. sorry it ain't happening. there were reports in the 80s about baldness cures being a reality 5-10 years in the future. And they're STILL PREDICTING THE SAME SHIT every year there's a new so called "discovery" that suggests such a discovery that will lead to a cure. Curing grey hair, curing baldness, tooth regeneration, and skin regeneration. THESE ARE ALL MYTHS AND THE REAL SCIENTISTS SAY SO. Recently tons of major newspapers and well-respected scientists etc.. actually said the cure for grey hair has been found. But then I read a paper by a well known geneticist. He basically wrote that when scientists find something that may theoretically have some bearing on a problem (BIG MAYBE) they publish it claiming that it's the seed for a cure, and the media hype and publish it cause everyone wants to believe it. But then he actually showed the known science regarding these problems and they genetics is so friggin complex, there are so many unknowns and so many unpredictable things we don't know, he said it's virtually impossible to claim from the findings that whatever discovery there was would ever lead to a cure for grey hair. 

There have been TONS of scientists working on tissue regeneration. Even this year (from urine blah blah), but I just read a government assessment where they sent two top genetecists to study the findings. They said basically that the problem was so complex to get from whatever mice teeth or whatever were supposedly developed it would take at least a century to move from that to fully functional teeth regeneration in human beings. Trust me, I've done all the research on this that's possible. I understand the science. These things, if possible, are very, very, very far away. NOT IN OUR LIFETIME. 

#4777 Vladislav

Vladislav

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

I changed my mind about Ray Kurzweil, he is something between pseudoscientist and scientist, the problem is that mainstream scientists don't accept his vision of the future, he has an endless list of critics, in his book 'The Age of Spiritual Machines' that he wrote in the 1990s and published in 1999 he predicted that by 2009 we will have new 'bioengineered treatments that will reduce the toll from cancer heart disease and a variety of other health problems' (this probably includes a cure for scars), this is clearly a failed prediction (though I think that his' Law of Accelerating Returns' is relevant for the number of publications in peer reviewed magazines related to tissue engineering, it is doubling every 5 years, tissue engineering is definitely one of the fastest growing areas of science if scientific output is measured by the number of publications in peer reviewed magazines), it is all still in the experimental stage (just like his predictions about driverless cars by the year 2009), and his key predictions that we will reverse engineer the human brain by 2029 and that we will have nanobots by 2030s are unlikely to materialize, not to mention his nonsense ideas about 'technological singularity' and 'mind uploading', it is more like the late 21st century or 22nd century technology and it is silly to talk about such things if we still have no cure for scars or baldness, Michio Kaku is far more realistic than Ray Kurzweil, he has no endless list of critics like Kurzweil, in his book 'Physics of the Future' he actually summarizes what 300 leading mainstream scientists in all areas of science have to say about the future of medicine, energy, computers, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology,...

Edited by Vladislav, 27 September 2013 - 06:21 AM.

#4778 Vladislav

Vladislav

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

But then I read a paper by a well known geneticist. He basically wrote that when scientists find something that may theoretically have some bearing on a problem (BIG MAYBE) they publish it claiming that it's the seed for a cure, and the media hype and publish it cause everyone wants to believe it. But then he actually showed the known science regarding these problems and they genetics is so friggin complex, there are so many unknowns and so many unpredictable things we don't know, he said it's virtually impossible to claim from the findings that whatever discovery there was would ever lead to a cure for grey hair. 

Well the main tendency of the media is to present bad news much worse than they actually are and vice versa - the good news much better than they actually are, it is called sensationalism, so forget about the media reports, that is why the media buzz shouldn't be taken too seriously into consideration (I have found that some stupid journalist predicted in 1997 that 'in 5 to 10 years there will be scarless healing drugs on the market' or something like that), but it is quite another story if you read Michio Kaku or reports of firms such as Gartner (their hype cycle) or McKinsey.

#4779 seabs135

seabs135

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

What you should do is:

Go with things from objective truths (things tested against reliable controls), not opinions or predictions.

Edited by seabs135, 27 September 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#4780 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

So what are you guys expecting to hear from Gerecht and her pals in November?

By the way, I've got a new laptop. :D It's super fast and big. It's cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users