Scarless Healing

5517 replies to this topic

#4261 wentworthwhile

wentworthwhile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

mine is : petros sooth ...but first i need to talk with seabs to organize the talking...i have to keep any
personal belief about this to zero and just point out the study facts..

yes and possibly our progress in contacting JHU. Still not sure on this as we had said we wouldnt..... but it has been a while being told the exact same thing

Edited by wentworthwhile, 27 March 2013 - 12:31 AM.

#4262 genuine123

genuine123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

mine is : petros sooth ...but first i need to talk with seabs to organize the talking...i have to keep any

yes and possibly our progress in contacting JHU. Still not sure on this as we had said we wouldnt..... but it has been a while being told the exact same thing

Hi wentworthwhile

It's a little strange that chuckstonchew hasn't got back to us, don't you think? Quite disappointing actually.

I emailed Dr Sun hoping he might still be in the loop but it doesn't look like it. He basically said he doesn't know were JHU currently are with the Hydrogel and that I should contract Dr Gerecht.

#4263 seabs135

seabs135

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

is anyone on here a liker of the facebook page?
id like to start discussions on there rather than here. What do you all think? I can also add administrators

add seabs for moderator.I am a liker but profile is almost fake ,i have deleted the original long time now.
I also have an annonymous facebook with a fake profile, but I dont use it.  I prefer twitter but I also dont use that. But I can see a point to facebook for networking.

It would be great though if this could be discussed factually elsewhere.

same here. if you give me your profile names i should be able to add you

I dont think people would join in on a discussion on facebook as they may not want it on their time line that they are concerned with their scars for various reasons. In the main facebook is generally about peacocking to your peers...

Edited by seabs135, 27 March 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#4264 wentworthwhile

wentworthwhile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hi wentworthwhile

It's a little strange that chuckstonchew hasn't got back to us, don't you think? Quite disappointing actually.

I emailed Dr Sun hoping he might still be in the loop but it doesn't look like it. He basically said he doesn't know were JHU currently are with the Hydrogel and that I should contract Dr Gerecht.

Yep strange and dissapointing. I know last time he posted he said he wasnt coming on here much but ive posted questions to him many times and if hes had contact with Dr Harmon he should tell us. I know its easy to only care about yourself in this scenario but we really all owe it to each other, i think so anyway.
Even what he has replied to is unclear whether he spoke to Harmon again and was told they are still waiting, or whether he has not heard from him and is assuming Harmon is still waiting. Even though i have asked this very clearly the answer is not clear so I am assuming the latter.
I have since tried to contact Harmon with no luck!

#4265 wentworthwhile

wentworthwhile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

is anyone on here a liker of the facebook page?
id like to start discussions on there rather than here. What do you all think? I can also add administrators

add seabs for moderator.I am a liker but profile is almost fake ,i have deleted the original long time now.
I also have an annonymous facebook with a fake profile, but I dont use it.  I prefer twitter but I also dont use that. But I can see a point to facebook for networking.

It would be great though if this could be discussed factually elsewhere.
same here. if you give me your profile names i should be able to add you
I dont think people would join in on a discussion on facebook as they may not want it on their time line that they are concerned with their scars for various reasons. In the main facebook is generally about peacocking to your peers...
i do agree mostly but ive joined some burn survivor groups on there to try and spread the word and the users are very active on there...i did create a secret group on there also that friends and timeline would know nothing about....
facebook users need to be invited by email address or by an already joined facebook friend.

Edited by wentworthwhile, 27 March 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#4266 Vladislav

Vladislav

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:regenerative medicine

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

http://online.lieber...t=cr_pub=pubmed

#4267 skinregenerator

skinregenerator

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

http://online.lieber...t=cr_pub=pubmed

The experiment design is not novel and the outcome is not good either.... thanks for the posting though...

#4268 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Regenerating from the Core

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Seabs is pointing out the possibility to make a FAQ ,so people can understand what is this better.

We need to change the page a bit.What do you think.

If you're bored of Suburbia, burn down your house,lets dance in the colour of the fire.

#4269 seabs135

seabs135

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

Seabs is pointing out the possibility to make a FAQ ,so people can understand what is this better.

I pointed out via pm that the facebook might need a faq, if the page has faqs.

#4270 wentworthwhile

wentworthwhile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

i think its a good idea, does anyone want to do it?

#4271 seabs135

seabs135

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

What are the recuring questions you get?

#4272 wentworthwhile

wentworthwhile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

lol! as you can see by the facebook page i dont get any. You would have to create them out of questions we have all asked and think others might or would like to know

#4273 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Regenerating from the Core

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

someone asked when the gel will be available.So yeah thats one very first question..

Also we need to identify in FAQ,what is hydrogel,how hydrogel can achieve complete skin regeneration.

what is the next steps of the invention,FDA approved time(less time due to its character as device),what is the

practical range of this invention).Please people add more.

Edited by panos, 29 March 2013 - 06:27 PM.

If you're bored of Suburbia, burn down your house,lets dance in the colour of the fire.

#4274 seabs135

seabs135

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Something like the below do wentworth? Or is it to detailed?

FAQs

When will this be available?

We can’t say. This is down to John Hopkins and their lawyers. There is however an article in late December 2011 that states it could be available within a few years as this is a device.  There is information on the internet of devices being approved after months. So we guess as soon as this is funded this will be approved within months???

BTW this page was created to hopefully create social awareness and maybe push funding along consequentially. Will this pushing along work? We do not know but we think the getting information on here is proactive, benevolent and can only help; so who knows. We want this information out there so this can be funded sooner. We hope you take notice of the page.

References:

http://www.pnas.org/...8.full.pdf html

http://www.scienceda...11213131956.htm

What is this?

This is a degradable scaffold. This is a degradable hydrogel that degrades rapidly when inserted in mammal wounds.

More information:

Degradable scaffolds like the comparison control in the test, equally treated have been tested thousands of time on most mammals, their properties and behaviours are well established.

This particular scaffold is a rapidly degrading dextran hydrogel in a 80:20 ratio. It is cited in the paper as a dextran-allyl isocyanate-ethylamine (Dex-AE)/polyethylene glycol diacrylate (PEGDA) in ratio of 80/20, with a loose interior architecture.

And this ratio of scaffold was chosen over the lower ratio 60:40 dextran hydrogel because of the better cell infiltration, lower crosslinking density properties of the 80/20. Cited in the paper.

This is a degradable scaffold that achieved complete regeneration of tissue, when tested against an established reliable standardised control scaffold. The control scaffold this was tested against is a state of the art scaffold called Integra which has been used thousands of times on all mammal wounds. This control scaffold is currently used in many hospitals in standardised burn treatments.  In the test the state of the art control behaved typically and regenerated incompletely.  Cited in the paper.

The dextran also degrades rapidly (7 to 10 days), is easily ate by the neutrophils, is very soft and also has a smaller porosity than the control, enabling rapid neutrophil and cell infiltration.  Cited in the paper.

Reference:

What has it achieved? Or what makes it stand out?

The rapidly degrading dextran hydrogel was inserted into a fresh wound from a 3rd degree burn, the wound completely regenerated with appendages, and the wound treated by the control behaved typically. Scar free healing, rapid neovascularization and complete skin regeneration was achieved by dextran hydrogel treated wounds.

Collaborating information:

Neovascularization and angiogenesis determine what the outcome will be in wounds and deep burn injuries. Tredget. New blood vessels participate by providing nutrition and oxygen to growing tissues. Li.

It is known first degree burns heal with no scarring and deep second degree burns heal with scarring and are slow healing, they take more than a month to heal.

It is known that generally if a wound takes over 3 weeks to re-epithelize the end point will result in scarring. Also this knowledge with regards to healing time for scarring has been shown scientifically, Cubison et al.

It is also established that when a scaffold degrades via neutrophils cells are created and when a scaffold does not degrade scarring occurs. Khetan S, Kloxin AM et al

It is known skin appendages do not grow is scar tissue.

Further facts from the paper:

A 3rd degree burn was cut out completely with a full thickness excision; leaving a rim of burned tissue. This standard protocol was following the standard treatment in hospitals with regards to 3rd degree burns using the control scaffold. Following this standard protocol enabled a comparison with the established control.

The wounds were checked at various intervals over 5 weeks to compare the dextran and the controls:

At 5 and 7 days the dextran hydrogel treated wounds vascular networks had expanded and developed even more. The dextran hydrogel had rapid neovascularisation and angiogenesis when compared to the controls.

The dextran hydrogel degraded rapidly in 7 to 10 days and cells were created. The scaffold control did not degrade in that time. The neutrophils where stuck in the peripheral of the control scaffold after day 7.

When the wounds were checked at day 14 the dextran hydrogel had demonstrated epithelial repair. Way before day 21. The scaffold control had not as typical.

When the wounds were checked at day 21, the dextran treated wounds had complete regeneration with appendages. The control behaved typically with incomplete regeneration.

After 5 weeks the wound areas were checked one last time, the hydrogel treated wounds had complete regeneration with appendages and the skin width was found to be normal.

Reference:

The information for these three above FAQs is creative commons, you are free to share. This information is referenced to the best of human ability. Errors may be in this information, please check the references used.

lol! as you can see by the facebook page i dont get any. You would have to create them out of questions we have all asked and think others might or would like to know

Edited by seabs135, 30 April 2013 - 04:47 AM.

#4275 coconut scar

coconut scar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Its not distracting to ask why something promotes healing.

Yes yes i know results matter that can be repeated over and over 

and show factual evidence but still its not distracting at all to ask why 

somehting could show the way to scarless healing...

But you are right maybe we will never find this knowledge 

but thinking like this can expand the limits and even make new theories an treatments.

I believe the technology and scarless healing exists.. as does life extension technology but the leaders, power hungry control freaks that run the world will not allow the people to have these things (only for themselves) because they will want to continue making money through other pharmaceuticals and such but that doesn't mean that we should give up. If anything , our efforts should be that much more to bring this into the mainstream..and having read some of these posts..facebook is a start ( most people on facebook will want to remain anonymous to their friends about this) but collectively we can locate the solution. This is a time to make it happen..we have the internet today which brings us in touch with virtually anyone with the click of a button..all it takes is the right party..when enough people demand something it can break down the barrier...

#4276 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

In the main facebook is generally about peacocking to your peers...

:lol: Well said.

#4277 Rez77

Rez77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Okay, if there's someone on this thread who is a skin scientist or dermatologist or know a skin scientists or dermatologist would they be able to evaluate the viability of this? I'm not trying to annoy anyone, I want this to be real as much as anyone. I'm simply perplexed why if it's real it hasn't made a bigger splash yet or been developed? 

#4278 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

Okay, if there's someone on this thread who is a skin scientist or dermatologist or know a skin scientists or dermatologist would they be able to evaluate the viability of this? I'm not trying to annoy anyone, I want this to be real as much as anyone. I'm simply perplexed why if it's real it hasn't made a bigger splash yet or been developed? 

If you really are interested in having a dermatologist evaluate the viability of the hydrogel all you need to do is pick up the phone, call one and ask. I've phoned a few dermatologists in the past. They didn't mind. Of course they are busy people but I think enough of them are willing to take the time to answer a short question.

#4279 Lapis lazuli

Lapis lazuli

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

If you really are interested in having a dermatologist evaluate the viability of the hydrogel all you need to do is pick up the phone, call one and ask. I've phoned a few dermatologists in the past. They didn't mind. Of course they are busy people but I think enough of them are willing to take the time to answer a short question.

I was thinking about this while doing the dishes. haha Here's a phone number:

0251 275 555

Ask for Esther Middelkoop. She'll be able to tell you if it is viable or not. But quite honestly I think she'll just say "We'll just have to wait and see. There might a possibility that it will work but I don't know how likely that is. Scarfree healing will come around but it's probably going to take another 20 to 30 years.".

#4280 seabs135

seabs135

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

The science is cold and objective, and note, simple and testable, and not opinion. All any derm could do is objectively note the 'results' with what ever paper they look at.

Edited by seabs135, 01 April 2013 - 08:59 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users