Scarless Healing

6,811 posts in this topic

Hydrogel is the bandage of the near future. Even without stemcells it's scaffold is a benifictial enviroment for wound healing.

They achieved scar free healing in mice, although it is known that mice heal better from injury. First there are trials on pigs, very curious for the results of this test.

Hydrogel for vetenery purpose by the end of 2014.

Human trial and FDA approval, (if not seen as a divice) then investment and company purpose. "18 - 24 months"

http://releases.jhu.edu/2011/12/13/in-third-degree-burn-treatment-hydrogel-helps-grow-new-scar-free-skin/

http://engineering.jhu.edu/fastforward/healing-hydrogels/

One great advantage of Gerecht’s hydrogel is that it is purely synthetic and contains no pharmaceuticals or animal-derived ingredients, so the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will likely consider it a Class II medical device. (Class II medical devices are considered “medium risk,” and include hearing aids and syringes.) Class II devices take less time to go from “laboratory to clinic” than do Class III devices, such as heart valves and pacemakers, which are considered “high risk,” according to Ian Tolfree, MS ’05, PhD ’09, a business analyst with Homewood Intellectual Property, which manages IP and technology commercialization for the Homewood campus. In fact, Tolfree posits that if the upcoming pig studies turn out to be as promising as Gerecht expects, the hydrogel could be on the market for veterinary/animal use within six to 18 months. He expects that the gel will be valuable in hard-to-treat canine and feline wounds and skin conditions, as well as in slow-to-heal equine hoof and lower leg wounds, among other things.“To get a human product on the market will take a bit longer, though not much,” says Tolfree, who notes that the university has filed patents to protect the invention and signed a licensing agreement with one local angel investor. “The main chemical ingredient here is a form of sugar currently used in bread, and which has been used clinically since the 1940s with a long safety record. I anticipate seeing hydrogel being used clinically in pre-approved trials on humans within 18 to 24 months.”Gerecht and her team are also working on forms of hydrogel that are infused with various forms of human stem cells in an effort to trigger the body’s power to regenerate blood vessels. (Stem cells are undifferentiated or “blank” cells that have the potential to grow into almost any kind of tissue within the human body.)“The idea is to harness what we know the body can already do, and enhance that ability with our biomaterials,” she says. “We know the biologies that are important for vasculature and are engineering them into our systems. There is still much work that must be done before we can make it work the way we want it to. But I think we are on the right track.”Gerecht’s work is funded in part by the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation. - See more at: http://eng.jhu.edu/wse/magazine-summer-13/item/healing-wonders-of-hydrogel/#sthash.6cwtv5a9.dpuf

Few days ago:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/140606184921.htm

quote:

"The polymers used by Benoit and her teams are called hydrogels because they hold water which is necessary to keep the stem cells alive.

The hydrogels, which mimic the natural tissues of the body, are specially designed to have an additional feature that's vital to the repair process.

They degrade and disappear before the body interprets them as foreign bodies and begins a defence response that could compromise the healing process."

Hydrogel and stemcell seems the way to go. Somehow I believe that Co2 laser Recell and hydrogel will work together, not scientific, it's just something that seems likely. I think hydrogel might work because of the water based -moisturizing- quality and the covarage of oxegyn-light? to the cells. Tricking the cells that they are underneath a scab. I wonder if a wound will scab as much underneath hydrogel.

Keeping an eye on the pig testing. Pig skin is very simulair to human skin. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11350644

If this works, I am convinced that all the pieces of the puzzle are there.

(imagine improving scars 90%+, so far ernesto REcell is the best result I have ever seen)

I hope you are right scarsgone2017.

Edited by HopeIsAll
1 person likes this

http://www.mebo-international.com/article/dr-xus-announcement-his-accomplished-organ-regeneration-technologies-humans

this article contain information about regeneration technology for scars and burn wound , but i cant't figure what is the way of regenerative ( stem cells !!) , can any one explain that ?!!

It's about nutricious medicine curing all kinds of conditions. I don't trust the site because of the pictures and cases described, I reconice some of the results from a completly different methode using stemcells and pig bladder.

Hi,

i dont have acne but problems with multiple smaller scars.

I watch this thread for a while.

One thing to keep an eye on happens here in germany at the "Kinderspital Zürich". Its a hospital for children with burn wounds and they are now testing scarfree full thickness skin replacement. The aim is to replace the skin without scars.+

I already contacted them and they are already testing it on humans.

Does anyone of you know more about fat grafting? I have multiple smaller scars (not acne scars) and could have the cut out and stitch them with fat stemcells. I want to know if thats worth the high price.

Well thabk tou lapis lazuli. You build up my confidence. In persob i tell you it looks really bad. I once again read that massaging would stimulate collagen growth. What about that? And oh are you a lady that you find my acne scar attractive? Kidding. :P

I've seen that picture of your scar and to me it doesn't look bad. A lot of women like "battle scars" like that. ;) It adds character. But if it really bothers you you shouldn't waste your time with rose hip oil as I think it's not something which will help. What could help is to let it heal with a healing accelerator which is what is around nowadays where you have substances that dermatologists can use to speed up healing. It is a fact that the faster wounds heal the less scarring there is. So that's in my opinion your best bet. To go to a surgeon once you've got the money and talk to them about that. But like I said it doesn't look bad to me. Maybe over time you'll feel differently about your scar and lose the desire to have it changed.

Im getting impatient with the progress of dextran hydrogel

Read between the lines. They ran the experiment, they didn't get the results they hoped for so they are running it again and that's why it is taking so long. I doubt that the hydrogel is going to be the miracle some people think it is.

Hiddycheeks, its not what you, or someone else thinks it is, or subjectively frames it to be, using their belief... It is not about authority. It is what parallel process is scientifically expected after using testable methodology... It got complete regeneration, and this was tested against a control that behaves the same in all tissues. This highlights quite clearly there is a parallel process going on, this is scientific expectancy.

Edited by seabs135

Baseless assumptions. The DEX/AE HG research was said to be at its "halfway" point in February. And it is not the only ongoing research, the Lab has at least half a dozen concurrent projects that have been submitted throughout 2014, and most likely several more: http://web1.johnshopkins.edu/gerecht/publication/

Even if they have completed the protocol, it is highly unlikely that the results would be published already. Peer reviewed papers take time to be published, for example, one of Geretch Lab's most recent papers (titled "Hypoxia-inducible hydrogels") was submitted for review in March 13 (when the DEX/AE research was still in its "midpoint") and was not published until June 9. If it was submitted in March, that means that research concluded (at least) a few months earlier, so it's ridiculous to expect that something that was "halfway" done four months ago would already be published. Having your research accepted and published is a process that involves several experts, each one with different commitments.

Of course, if anyone is too impatient, he/she could try contacting the investor: https://www.facebook.com/george.davis.3152?ref=ts&fref=ts&refid=12

PD- On a related note, the DEX/AE Hydrogel's success depends on its ability to accelerate angiogenesis and the Lab's latest paper discusses using Hydrogels to promote angiogenesis in cancer tumor models. Despite being a spin-off, that remains within the same line of research.

Recell (Avita medical) is available in Europe, Australia and Japan, but still not in USA, FDA has a lot of bureaucracy and hurdles this is why the hydrogel tests are taking so long. Even for veterinary purposes will take time.

1 person likes this

Recell (Avita medical) is available in Europe, Australia and Japan, but still not in USA, FDA has a lot of bureaucracy and hurdles this is why the hydrogel tests are taking so long. Even for veterinary purposes will take time.

That is true. However, ReCell's use of skin samples and cell harvesting make the process more complicated for them. I believe that ReCell was originally treated as an experimental drug/minimally invasive procedure and remember reading something about it entering Phase III trials. It was not until recently (April 2014) that it was reclassified as a Class III device and received its Investigational Device Exemption.

The DEX/AE HG is likely going to be classified as a Class II device (we have seen the team say so), and that would mean a shorter path for approval. No Class III premarket approval or Phase I/III trials would be needed, only a detailed safety trial and the relevant special controls (labeling, performance standards, etc.)

I write it again because no one seemed to pay attention:

In Switzerland there is also a project going on about scar free healing. At the "Kinderspital Zürich" they seem to have invented a skin replacement with all functions of the normal skin. They write that it should heal without scars.

I contacted them and they already test it on childs and in about 1 year they will test it on adults (Though i dont understand why you test something on childs first. But atleast they are already testing it on humans, what is a big step)

Look at this page:

http://www.skingineering.ch/

Edited by Apetwin
1 person likes this

I have been looking the page, It is very interesting of course, it is a step foward about skin grafts, but I didn`t find anything about complete skin regeneration without scars.

Thank you about the link and the information.

I did see it when you first posted it. I'll take another look at it.

I write it again because no one seemed to pay attention:

In Switzerland there is also a project going on about scar free healing. At the "Kinderspital Zürich" they seem to have invented a skin replacement with all functions of the normal skin. They write that it should heal without scars.

I contacted them and they already test it on childs and in about 1 year they will test it on adults (Though i dont understand why you test something on childs first. But atleast they are already testing it on humans, what is a big step)

Look at this page:

http://www.skingineering.ch/

waiting desperately for the results as most are here. this could be a real cure, or it could be a flop. i'm not getting my hopes up, but lets wait for the results and analyze them carefully. it could be better than any other treatment out there. might beat subcision, skin grafts, dermabrasion, needling, lasers, peels etc. they are creating a cellular matrix that recruits cells to reform the structure faster. this is 2nd generation medicine. treating the cause not the symptom. might not be 100% complete scar free generation but it could be a big step forward for people suffering with scars.

Edited by crackenskullex
1 person likes this