Photo

They Are Here! 415nm EnLux LED's Hooray!

This topic is archived.
334 replies to this topic

#321 scrubmetender

scrubmetender

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:46 AM

I just wish they'd sell them here in europe, to order from the US I need to save a good amount of money because of customs taxes which almost make the price(+shipping) double evil.gif

#322 stanno

stanno

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(scrubmetender @ Oct 19 2007, 06:46 PM) View Post
I just wish they'd sell them here in europe, to order from the US I need to save a good amount of money because of customs taxes which almost make the price(+shipping) double evil.gif

Exactly. I ordered 2 blue and 1 red lamp. About $360 including inland US postage. If I'd got them sent to me in the UK direct I could have ended up paaying anything up to another $200 on VAT, import duty and a hefty "handling charge" that's charged on all items opened by UK customs.

That's a possible $560 for 3 bulbs! (and you still need to buy fixtures). So I got them sent to a friend in the US and they forwarded them to me labelled as a gift.

As it turns out they didn't work for me anyhow, so I've returned then to Sci\ART. The trial has cost me about $80 in postage + $40 in fixtures (so long as I get the Sci\ART refund!), but I reckoned it was worth a go after reading this (very long) thread.

#323 SchoonerPB360

SchoonerPB360

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:31 PM

what is the website for the skiart i googled and couldnt find

#324 JimSta

JimSta

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

OMG I've suffered for 8 years with acne. I will try anything now. I'm going to order these right away and I'll let everyone here know how it went smile.gif

#325 hapleaMcGill

hapleaMcGill

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:18 PM

Ok, mister hhughes:

Before anything else, i have a blue and red lamp from SciArt and it works great for me. I don't like the fact that you seem to be cunning:

1. The picture you show (and looks like crap) is the same one on the SciArt site. Interesting.

2. The picture is bad quality, it's hard to tell what it says. The units are not clear (W, mW ?) but the values are small IF they are in mW (W is ok: 0.475 for blue is good). Normally it is given in Wm^-2nm^-1 (watts per (meter square)*nanomemter), so i'll assume these are the units.

So, whoever reads his posts, just have an open eye. I might be wrong (and please accept my apologies if i am) but he seems to work for them.

George

QUOTE(stanno @ Jun 24 2007, 03:12 AM) View Post
Just had a look on the SciArt website and these things are pretty expensive. $120 for one blue bulb, $100 for a second and $90 for a red bulb. Together with postage to the UK that totals nearly $300. Then you would have to allow for import duty and VAT and a handling charge - in my experience this would likely be another $100+.

So in the UK we would be paying $400 (£200) for three bulbs. Are they likely to be that much better than a BeautySkin to make this a worthwhile expenditure?

#326 hhughes

hhughes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:53 PM

no.

again, i do not work for them. LOL. it is a bit insulting actually b/c i like to think that i have a much better job than working for Sci/Art. LOL but anyway...

i have enlux bulbs... they made my face 100% clear... therefore... i will defend them and promote them to the death.

will they work for you... i dont know.

did they work for me... 100% yes. with the addition of retin-a micro.

i just posted info the best i could b/c i was without a doubt... the first person to have these bulbs in the entire world. and this was the proper forum to do it since this is where i first started to have discussions on light therapy. + i dont know about any of this m/w watt stuff... i am limited in my tech knowledge... thus, all the PM's i send to the tech savvy on this board to get answers... but those are "private messages" so you can't see those.

why did i get them so soon... b/c i bought the regular bulbs from sciart... and was pissed they werent 415nm.... so i sent them back... didnt get a refund and just waited months to get the 415nm.

i bitched and moaned everyday... so they finally sent me the bulbs through special order... before they even got their actual inventory shipment in.

i wish i made money off of SciArt... but no i dont...

would you recommend a good movie to a friend?
would you recommend a resturaunt where you had the best meal of you life?
if you went to a college that helped you get the job of your dreams... would you defend your alma mater?

if you bought acne lamps after suffering from acne for year and spending 1000's of dollars visiting dermatologists and trying fad products that did nothing... then the lights took care of your problem that hurt you self confidence, and actually hurt you face... would you defend those lights?

i'll let you guys answer that one.
Morning: 1. Cosmedicine Healthy Cleanse Foaming Cleanser & Toner In One 2. Cosmedicine Medi-Matte Oil Control Lotion SPF 20 3. Skinceuticals Serum 15 4. Skinceuticals Phyto + 5. Sunscreen if needed.

MidDay: 1. Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse 2. Cetaphil Cleanser 3. Skinceuticals Phyto + 4. MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream Entire Face 5. 16 Minutes Blue and Red Light Treatment.

Night: 1. Cosmedicine Healthy Cleanse Foaming Cleanser & Toner In One 2. Retin-A micro 3. Phyto + 4. MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream Entire Face

Extras: 1. Astara Blue Flame Purification Mask as desired 2. Astara Green Papaya Nutrient Mask as desired 3. Cellex-C Betaplex Clear Complexion Mask as desired 4. Skinceuticals Daily Moisture

Want: 1. Z. Bigatti Restoration Goodnight Cream

#327 dexx40steve

dexx40steve

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:49 AM

#328 dexx40steve

dexx40steve

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:57 AM

#329 dexx40steve

dexx40steve

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:25 AM

#330 zialea

zialea

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:11 AM

Just wondering - has anybody experienced red mark/scarring reduction with the enlux red bulbs? I noticed that they're at 620 nm, while most of the studies conducted seem to use 650-660 nm.

#331 BridgeIU

BridgeIU

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:2 Children, triathlons, running, swimming, biking, reading, movies

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:21 PM

Has anyone purchased the Hybrid LEDs from Sci/Art yet? Reviews?? I am REALLY interested in getting it!!

#332 Nightlynx

Nightlynx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:28 PM

I just received my 415nm blue light. I did not buy the hybrid because the wavelength of the red light seemed to low.

I started a thread on my progress. Just used it the first time today. here is the thread, i will try to keep it updated to let people know the progress.

http://www.acne.org/...nt-t207699.html

#333 Liquid_Ocelot

Liquid_Ocelot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

So this was a scam right? Funny how hhughes and prettyacnegirl disappeared after promoting the bulbs. Neither of them have logged in since 2007. It's sad that people would resort to such tactics.

#334 stanno

stanno

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Nightlynx @ Aug 10 2008, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just received my 415nm blue light. I did not buy the hybrid because the wavelength of the red light seemed to low.

I started a thread on my progress. Just used it the first time today. here is the thread, i will try to keep it updated to let people know the progress.

They certainly didn't work for me. They did have the decency to refund my money eventually - after 3 or 4 reminders!

#335 Liquid_Ocelot

Liquid_Ocelot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (stanno @ Oct 9 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Nightlynx @ Aug 10 2008, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They certainly didn't work for me. They did have the decency to refund my money eventually - after 3 or 4 reminders!

This was so obviously a scam it's actually laughable looking back. I hope users read this thread through till the end and realise this.