Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

They Are Here! 415nm EnLux LED's Hooray!

44 posts in this topic

:(

Ive spent a fair bit of money in the last two years on my skin (9k), with great results using PDT and im pretty excited about trying these lights.

Im gunna order two blue and one red, HOWEVER, theyre out of clamps for now and as of yet im waiting for a reply on shipping costs to Sydney Aus.

I wonder if these 660 nm Enlux bulbs can also be used for male pattern baldness. I see there are several laser hair brushes on the market using the red leds at 660 nm.

I don't know if they are exactly the same or if it is just marketing, but they refer to these leds in these brushes as "cool laser" leds.

I have a beauty light and it with BP gel has cleared my acne 98%, so I am thrilled. I am thinking that while I am spending my 15 minutes per day with that light I could perch an enlux to shine on the top of my scalp for my male pattern baldness.

Apparantly the red light stimulates blood flow, and helps even hair to grow with studies backing it up.

Thoughts on using the Enlux bulbs for this?

i have never head about red lights for MPB.

hmmm.... maybe it would work... but i dont think the EnLux Red LED is at exactly 660nm... it is a little off i think.

Morning: 1. Cosmedicine Healthy Cleanse Foaming Cleanser & Toner In One 2. Cosmedicine Medi-Matte Oil Control Lotion SPF 20 3. Skinceuticals Serum 15 4. Skinceuticals Phyto + 5. Sunscreen if needed.

MidDay: 1. Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse 2. Cetaphil Cleanser 3. Skinceuticals Phyto + 4. MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream Entire Face 5. 16 Minutes Blue and Red Light Treatment.

Night: 1. Cosmedicine Healthy Cleanse Foaming Cleanser & Toner In One 2. Retin-A micro 3. Phyto + 4. MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream Entire Face

Extras: 1. Astara Blue Flame Purification Mask as desired 2. Astara Green Papaya Nutrient Mask as desired 3. Cellex-C Betaplex Clear Complexion Mask as desired 4. Skinceuticals Daily Moisture

Want: 1. Z. Bigatti Restoration Goodnight Cream

Thank you hhuges for posting your experience w/ this company and their bulbs on here... It's great information... I am totally willing to fork out the money to get these bulbs over the beauty skin because i reasearched the enlux bulbs, which last for 50,000 hours wayyyyyy outweighs its value over the beautyskin whos florescent bulbs only last 300 hours :confused:

My question to you though, because of your experience with recieving THE WRONG BULBS even though their website clearly states that they are selling 415nm bulbs..... Do you believe they have fixed this problem? seeing as you spoke with the owner I just want to make sure they don't continue to send the wrong type of bulbs out.... is the nm rating even marked on the bulbs?

ALSO you also stated that you got the 668nm red bulb, do you continually use it?

AM : Cetyphil gentle cleanser, Skinceuticals phyto +, Eucerin extra protective moisture lotion SPF 30

PM : Cetyphil genter cleanser, Skinceuticals phyto +, Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for combination skin, 20 minutes blue enlux LED'S , 15 minutes enlux red LED, then apply retin-a micro .04%

Thank you hhuges for posting your experience w/ this company and their bulbs on here... It's great information... I am totally willing to fork out the money to get these bulbs over the beauty skin because i reasearched the enlux bulbs, which last for 50,000 hours wayyyyyy outweighs its value over the beautyskin whos florescent bulbs only last 300 hours :confused:

My question to you though, because of your experience with recieving THE WRONG BULBS even though their website clearly states that they are selling 415nm bulbs..... Do you believe they have fixed this problem? seeing as you spoke with the owner I just want to make sure they don't continue to send the wrong type of bulbs out.... is the nm rating even marked on the bulbs?

ALSO you also stated that you got the 668nm red bulb, do you continually use it?

Hi prettyacnegirl,

At the time I had the first bulbs that were 470nm... they did not have the 415nm bulbs.

So it wasn't really that they sent me the wrong bulbs since they only had 470nm bulbs at the time... but that they didn't tell me that the bulbs were 470 and not 415, they just said they had "blue lights" which most people assume is the right wavelength... many companies use this lack of consumer education to their advantage, putting the responsibility on the consumer to ask the right questions.... technically they weren't telling a lie, but not providing 100% of the information.... so to be more precise i didn't ask if the bulbs were 415nm... i only realized when i turned them on and could tell by the light color.

they have the 415nm now and in stock... they are labeled as such on their website. so you cant go wrong. i don't think they even sell the 470 anymore.

the nm is not marked on the bulbs... but you'll be able to tell... the 415nm bulbs have black fins. The 470nm bulbs had blue fins.

also, when you turn the 415nm lights on... the color is not blue but more of a violet color. and the 415nm create a very slight florescence on things... like a white t-shirt would glow ever so slightly.... not the case with 470nm bulbs.

all in all... yeah... i am sure everything is now in order.

I use my red bulb simultaneously for 15 minutes each day with my 415nm lights. all together at the same time.

hope this helps!

Morning: 1. Cosmedicine Healthy Cleanse Foaming Cleanser & Toner In One 2. Cosmedicine Medi-Matte Oil Control Lotion SPF 20 3. Skinceuticals Serum 15 4. Skinceuticals Phyto + 5. Sunscreen if needed.

MidDay: 1. Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse 2. Cetaphil Cleanser 3. Skinceuticals Phyto + 4. MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream Entire Face 5. 16 Minutes Blue and Red Light Treatment.

Night: 1. Cosmedicine Healthy Cleanse Foaming Cleanser & Toner In One 2. Retin-A micro 3. Phyto + 4. MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream Entire Face

Extras: 1. Astara Blue Flame Purification Mask as desired 2. Astara Green Papaya Nutrient Mask as desired 3. Cellex-C Betaplex Clear Complexion Mask as desired 4. Skinceuticals Daily Moisture

hhughes,

Did you have any trouble with correspondence between urself and sci-art?

The first email i sent was answered within 5 minutes, the follow up email they said theyd send for a shipping quote is still to come 2 or 3 weeks later?

hhughes,

Did you have any trouble with correspondence between urself and sci-art?

The first email i sent was answered within 5 minutes, the follow up email they said theyd send for a shipping quote is still to come 2 or 3 weeks later?

Stevo396 -

I have had trouble before... but never anything too long. I usually call them on the phone.

I have experienced the same... sometimes they answer in 5 minutes sometimes a few days...

but i have never waited longer than say... 3 days or so...

i use this e-mail.... info@kaliszincolor.com

Ok how is this compared to Photodynamic therapy.

Red and blue lights do not shrink oil glands, but do they kill p.acnes as effectively.

So if I want to use light or laser treatment, the best thing to use is this blue and red lights combo?

Would it be good to use levulan and buy the right type of lamp to activate it and do photodynamic therapy at home?

And one last thing, does it do anything about all those little white bumps I have on the forehead, comedones I think. and if not, I have to take retin-a, which was previously prescribed to me?

I am very excited about this as it is the first time I come to this light and laser forums, because clearing acne by changing the diet is very hard to do in our world and I have to find alternatives

Thanks for your advice

Bye

By the way are there other lights less expensive and as effective?

I see there are a lot less people who write in the light and laser treatments, is it because they all get clear and do not come back anymore or because it doesnt work well enough and they try alternatives

Thanks

Ok how is this compared to Photodynamic therapy.

Red and blue lights do not shrink oil glands, but do they kill p.acnes as effectively.

So if I want to use light or laser treatment, the best thing to use is this blue and red lights combo?

Would it be good to use levulan and buy the right type of lamp to activate it and do photodynamic therapy at home?

And one last thing, does it do anything about all those little white bumps I have on the forehead, comedones I think. and if not, I have to take retin-a, which was previously prescribed to me?

I am very excited about this as it is the first time I come to this light and laser forumsbecause clearing acne by changing the diet is very hard to do in our world and I have to find alternatives

Thanks for your advice

Bye

allo12345 -

first... i dont know how you would get Levulan b/c I think you can only get it from a doctor b/c it is a controlled drug. Plus, Levulan is a particularly strong drug... and if you don't know what your doing, you could really mess up your face.

So with only lights... your not really doing photodynamic therapy... your doing just phototherapy.

I personally use retin-a micro and do light therapy. lights kill bacteria... retin-a unclogs pores.

retin-a was made for comedones.... that is what it works best on.

I still had active acne b/c i wasn't killing bacteria and now with the Enlux lights... i have achieved close to flawless skin... when the red marks fade all the way... my face will be perfect.

i think a combination of retin-a and light works best... at least for me it did.

As far as other lights go... i can't really say.... but in terms of power and price and technology... i think the Enlux bulbs are the best on the market...

i don't care what the graphs on acne lamp say.... the acne lamp in their videos does not look even close to as powerful as the Enlux bulbs...

and $119 for a 415nm enlux bulbs the will work for your whole face if you move around a bit.... versus a $700 acne lamp is a no brainer to me.

hi hhuges again...

I'm glad to hear your skin is still doing good w/ the light therapy :) gives me hope...

I was just reading in the "treatment review" section about blue light therapy, and several of the reviews were bad because they said they experienced reddness ??? thats so odd because i haven't read anywhere else that exposing your face to the blue lights causes redness? So has your face gotten red? Do you avoid sun exposure because of this ???

I hate avoiding the sun is why i'm asking, i love being tan in the summer (cancerous i kno)

:)

AM : Cetyphil gentle cleanser, Skinceuticals phyto +, Eucerin extra protective moisture lotion SPF 30

PM : Cetyphil genter cleanser, Skinceuticals phyto +, Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for combination skin, 20 minutes blue enlux LED'S , 15 minutes enlux red LED, then apply retin-a micro .04%

hi hhuges again...

I'm glad to hear your skin is still doing good w/ the light therapy :) gives me hope...

I was just reading in the "treatment review" section about blue light therapy, and several of the reviews were bad because they said they experienced reddness ??? thats so odd because i haven't read anywhere else that exposing your face to the blue lights causes redness? So has your face gotten red? Do you avoid sun exposure because of this ???

I hate avoiding the sun is why i'm asking, i love being tan in the summer (cancerous i kno)

:)

PrettyAcneGirl,

I am naturally tanned, like a tea with milk color, so i don't go out in the sun ever to specifically "tan" LOL... so it's not that I avoid the sun but i simply don't go out in the sun as much as others b/c I don't need to tan. I might go to the park or something or be walking out doors shopping, but I don't lay out or anything.

I have some red marks and I put sunscreen on my face on the occasion that I am out to protect those spots... and so they'll fade faster.

But as for just redness... no... i haven't experienced anything significant.

I think the red light can make your face a bit red though b/c it stimulates the microphages and ATP synthesis in your skin. It improves circulation so your face can be a bit red from that.

My face does become a bit flush for an hour or so from a topical vitamin c serum I use prior to doing my light therapy each day, but that is just from the topical and not the lights... as far as I can tell.

I think you can totally tan, and be fine, even when using the lights. Just put some SPF on your face when you go out so your red marks fade instead of turning into brown spots.

I mean, the sunlight contains 415nm light... just not as focused as our lights. I don't see any real harm...

I would think the sunlight is 100000xs' more damaging than the blue lights. And far more likely to make your face red than the 415nm light.

Hi there-

Just wanted to update you all on my transaction with SciArt.

I ordered one 415 nm blue bulb and one red bulb. After receiving a sort of odd email stating that they were out of stock on the bulbs, I received an email the very next day that the bulbs had been shipped via DHL. Go figure. At any rate, the bulbs arrived while I was away for the Fourth of July holiday, so I only opened the package today.

The bulbs themselves are, for lack of a better descriptor, quite impressive. They seem really well made, and the fins that surround the bulb are made of metal, not plastic as it appeared to me in the photos on the website. I never thought I would be impressed by light bulbs, but these are really cool!

When I placed my order for the bulbs, they were out of stock on the light fixtures, so I will have to find something at the hardware store. I may even have something lying around the house that I could use.

All in all, the transaction with SciArt was perfectly fine. I even received a handwritten thank you note from them for placing the order. They also included some literature reiterating that I could return the bulbs within 90 if I wasn't satisfied.

I haven't used the lights yet, but will probably do my first session with them tonight. I'll update you all on my progress and let you know how they're working out!

Laurza!

Hooray! I'm excited for you... LOL.

I was reading on the EnLux site once about how well the bulbs were made. Apparently... they are really tough and have survived situations completely unscathed where any other bulbs would most certainly be completely smashed and destroyed.

Laurza-

I'm also waiting for my bulbs to be shiped... looking very forward to their arrival...

I already bought a fixture for them, i got two blues and one red, and target right now has some PERFECT fixtures for these bulbs... I had a hard time deciding between 3 clamp light fixtures w/ goosnecks so you cand bend them in any direction, which were only 8 something dollers, which is way cheaper than sci arts fixtures.... but what i ended up getting was a table lamp with three goosnecks going out so i can just have one unit for my system....

its the same style as this lamp, but w/ only three necks, and its a table sized lamp....

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=b...asin=B000CBRZVO

but the clamp ones are really nice too, i can't find either of these particular lamps on the target website, but they definitely have them instore, i just got mine yesterday, i think the style of the one i got is "college table lamp", and it was 24 bucks

for 8 dollars and some change for ech of their gooseneck clamp lamps is a great deal!!!

actually here is the link to a cheap clamp lamp at target:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=b...asin=B000N38C72

its not exactly the same as the one i saw in the store, but pretty much exactly the same

Hi PrettyAcneGirl,

Make sure you take off the hood on the fixture you got if possible. The EnLux bulbs have to be screwed into an open-air fixture... that is the only way you can use them.

Like... you know how a light bulb looks when there is no shade on it? Like that. Basically, a fixture with just a place to screw in the light and not cover up any part of the actual bulb in any way.

If you put the Enlux bulbs into an enclosed fixture, the fins won't be able to properly conduct heat away from the LED chip and it could lead to over-heating.

It would never get hot enough to hurt you... but could damage some of the components of the light itself... like the LED chip.

You want the bulb to be out in the open.

Hey hhughes,

While i see u on, i just thought id go through the things ill need to have a proper setup with these lights.

2 blue sciart/enlux bulbs, one red.

And either the 3 clamp on lamps from sci art or something similar with a gooseneck and open fixture?...The sci art clamp ons are where u screw the bulbs into or are they just holders for the bulbs?

Im holding out on ordering until they have the clamp ons in stock...

Stevo396 -

The Sci-Art clamp-ons consist of a corded socket that you screw the bulb into... the socket is attached to a multi-positional ball joint which is attached to a rubber clamp. They are the same type of fixtures professional photographers use for their lights.

So the Sci-Art clamps are an all-in-one solution for your bulbs. The switch that is on the cord is really nice too. The main reason I like this type of fixture is that they are very compact, and since they clamp on... they can be moved quickly and repositioned with almost no effort. A lamp you would have to put on a table or find room to place on something. But the clamp-ons... well... they clamp on to anything that isn't too wide... your bed frame, a desk, a computer, a pole, a railing, another lamp even... upside down, forward, backwards, sideways, rightways, at and angle, you name it.

A gooseneck would work fine, or any other type of fixture... you could probably find some type of clamp fixture at Home Depot or something...

but yes... it has to be open-air. It would probably be tough to screw a bulb into a desk lamp type fixture with a shade anyway b/c the fins wouldn't fit.

But the real concern is that with a shade... the fins can't do their job properly.

ahhh your right hhuges... they are supossed to be in open air fixtures....

well i already looked at my lamp to try to find a way to remove the shades, and i think the only way that it MIGHT be possible is to start to deassemble the head part of the lamp... it might not even come off tho, i'll be so bummed... i don't wan't to spend 23 bucks a piece on the clamp lights on sci arts web site :(

PrettyAcneGirl,

If you can't somehow get the shades off the lamps, try to see if you can find some inexpensive clamps at Home Depot or something.

The main appeal of the sci/art clamps is that they can be put anywhere and positioned in almost anyway... and they are very high quality... and they do not require any modification to make them open-air.

But you can find clamp on fixtures, like the kind for a spotlight with a removable aluminum hood, at places like Home Depot.

Wal-Mart may even have something in the hardware section.

Actually, yeah... I would check the hardware section before checking in the lamp section...

Hardware fixtures probably will be less since they don't necessarily need to look nice and you could find one that is just bare bones. They wont be as nice as the sci/art... but as long as they function about the same... it should be ok... the lights are the most important part anyway.

Or maybe Hobby Lobby?

Thanks hhuges for the tips, i'll go check out those spots this week :)

hi prettyacnegirl-

i bought the clip-on gooseneck lamp fixtures from target today, just like the one you posted a link to in your post. you can just screw the lampshade part right off, leaving just the bulb socket on the metal neck with the clamp. they seem to work pretty well, and the price (8 bucks each, i think) is definitely right! my only complaint is that the clamps are a little tough to open and close, but it isn't that big of a deal really.

so, i've clamped the fixtures onto the stand of a floor lamp that i have in my office which is right next to a chaise loungey thing, so i can just lie down with the lights positioned about 2 feet above my face (and maybe take a fifteen minute nap while i'm at it!). i am also using the lights on my back, which tends to break out during the hot summer months, so this configuration works well for that, too.

i've used the lights only a couple of times since i got them. i have to admit that the bit of acne that i had on my face seems to be lessening already, which seems a bit hard to believe. for example, i had one zit on my chin that i could just tell was going to turn into a nice painful cyst, but it hasn't really "progressed" in the way it normally would have, which i think may be due to the lights. also the texture of my skin seems a bit better -- less sort of bumpy in general. but it is really too early to tell...

i definitely haven't had any negative effects -- no redness, no sensitivity, no additional breakouts. i guess i'll just keep using them and see what happens!

Laurza-

I'm also waiting for my bulbs to be shiped... looking very forward to their arrival...

I already bought a fixture for them, i got two blues and one red, and target right now has some PERFECT fixtures for these bulbs... I had a hard time deciding between 3 clamp light fixtures w/ goosnecks so you cand bend them in any direction, which were only 8 something dollers, which is way cheaper than sci arts fixtures.... but what i ended up getting was a table lamp with three goosnecks going out so i can just have one unit for my system....

its the same style as this lamp, but w/ only three necks, and its a table sized lamp....

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=b...asin=B000CBRZVO

but the clamp ones are really nice too, i can't find either of these particular lamps on the target website, but they definitely have them instore, i just got mine yesterday, i think the style of the one i got is "college table lamp", and it was 24 bucks

for 8 dollars and some change for ech of their gooseneck clamp lamps is a great deal!!!

Laurza,

That is awesome.

I actually sit about 4-6 inches away from my lights... but that is amazing if you think the lights work from 2 feet away!

I started to clear within a few days... so I think you starting to clear so soon is nothing to be surprised about.

Also, I can't tell if the light is giving me a very slight tan or not... maybe you'll notice? Sometimes I swear I am more tanned... but today my derm told me he can't tell any difference in my skin tone from before the light use... and nobody else can see any difference either... everyone just says I'm really clear now but not even a tiny bit more tanned.

oh well, it must all be in my head.... but if you do tan a bit... please let us all know.

well i got three cheapo clamp on lamps from wal-mart today, they were five dollars and some change each.. but damn, they are really cheaply made... the clamp is chincy, so i don't really recomend anyone else getting them....

but, i got a wild hair tonight and started to deassemble the three-headed goosneck lamp that has the built-in shades... its taken me a few hours, and after de-wiring all the necks i was able to remove the shades, and it totally works! so hell yeah i'm proud of myself lol, i've never messed around w/ lamps so it was a total experiment... one bad thing though i dropped the socket wrench on my big toe, that hurt like a mother f*****...

how is your face looking hhuges???? have you noticed any improvement w/ blackheads??? i guess not EVERYone has them, but i assume most do...