Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cubsfan

Skin Needling Studies

15 posts in this topic

Thanks cubsfan for the interesting article ... I've just bought a roller though i haven't received it yet im quite excited to use it :)

I don't think the needles in the personal home use ones are long enough to penetrate the scar tissues. I want to buy the 2mm one from that microneedle company , but they won't sell it to the average joes. arggghhh....so fustrating

to answer my own fustration, ebay sells it search: dermaroller

I don't think the needles in the personal home use ones are long enough to penetrate the scar tissues. I want to buy the 2mm one from that microneedle company , but they won't sell it to the average joes. arggghhh....so fustrating

to answer my own fustration, ebay sells it search: dermaroller

true true, I just bought a 1.5mm dermaroller but it can only penetrate 1mm-1.3mm at most. But in the study they were using a 1.5mm needle so in my thinking to get the results from the study I have to replicate the methodology. Just say .6mm is the max, then you'll need at least a .8mm needle to reach .6mm, but they don't sell a .8mm so the closest one is dermaroller's 1.5mm mf-8 on Ebay. Its coming from Thailand, hopefully I don't get scammed :)...7 years ago I bought an Arsenal soccer Jersey from a guy in Thailand on Ebay....ohhhh bad mistake, you'd think I'd have learnt my lesson, but desperation does funny things to people.

How well do you guys think a dermaroller would work on slightly raised (i.e. keliod like) scars on my back? obviously i'm not to bothered about down time on my back so i could do it quite aggressively, also do you think the standard 6 months after roaccutane is suitable?

That is interesting article especially that collagen induction therapy comparison that picture is amazing improvement if that is after 1 treatment!!!

This may be useful for you. I ve had 2 x treatment done by derm with the MS4 which is the 1 they used in the studies (1.5mm)

The 1s for home use are more designed to help induce topicals such as copper peptides, vit c and vit a. I would advice doing the others such as ms4 professionally they all require topical anaesthetization

dermaroller info

diff dermaroller models

Hi subsfan, the one i've bought is from Novaderm Skin & Scalp Roller - needle length 0.75mm, gauge 0.25mm from ebay. What search key did you use as I couldn't find the one from thailand at ebay .... Thanks in advance :)

Cubsfan,

I bought the 1.5mm roller from Thailand too. It took about 3 weeks to get here, but came in perfect condition.

Robin

I had a CIT done but under a professional doctor yesterday since my roller hasn't come yet and we have a long holiday here in our country. What she did is to first sand paper my face lightly and then needle my scar using a nokor needle with different gauges depending how deep is my scar. After wards she put a spanish peel (she said its a TCA) on my face. Currently i have scabs on my face for those with deep scars while those shallow once is only pink.

When my roller comes i'll just self needle i think after two months :)

$385.00-WOW! Anybody eles buy this already? Does it work?