Photo

suffering from acne at age 32

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 deanar

deanar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:32 PM

I have read most of the posts here and I understand what all of you are going through. I am one of the rare people I suppose who are suffering from acne in my adult years and I am pissed off about it. I never used to have zits or pimples at a young age but since the age of 27, it has affected me.
I do the right things in life with a skin care regime. Wash my face with cetaphil, drink lots of water, exercise, get the proper amount of sleep but somehow like most of you guys, I still get acne and I hate it.
I suffer from mild to moderate acne but I also am prone to cystic acne which I cannot stand. I am taking fluxocallin and doxcycline for an acne lesion which wont go away so all in all, I am suffering like you.
I am jealous of people who have healthly skin. They can eat crap, smoke weed, do drugs and still they have clear skin.
I say to myself, why does it have to happen to me? Why cant it happen to them.
You guys are lucky because your getting it at a young age . I am getting it in the prime of my life.
To all of you, I hope you fight this shitty disease. Along with cancer, this is evil. Pure evil!

#2 mrbalooba

mrbalooba

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2004 - 02:13 PM

smoking weed gives you bad skin?????

ah shite.

32, thats rough bud.

#3 deanar

deanar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2004 - 04:17 PM

ah shite.

32, thats rough bud.

Dont smoke weed.
Popstars, celebrities, people with gifted skin smoke crap dont they and they are perfect.
I said I am jealous of those people. I do the right things skin regime wise and it doesnt work at all.

#4 781

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2004 - 04:19 PM

that sucks, btw what's fluxocallin?
I can feel it's getting nearer
Images they'll turn out clearer
Creeps in and out of your mind
I'm destiny personified
I know there's something more behind
but is it really justified?
to sacrifce to crucify
the rescue of the human kind!

#5 stoked

stoked

!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2004 - 04:56 PM

ah shite.

32, thats rough bud.

Dont smoke weed.
Popstars, celebrities, people with gifted skin smoke crap dont they and they are perfect.
I said I am jealous of those people. I do the right things skin regime wise and it doesnt work at all.

Actually you'd be syrprised with the number of celebrities who have bad skin. It's just with all the computer graphic stuff and lighting they do wtih movies and photography that you dont see it that much. There was a post the other day in one of the forums with avril lavigne with a bad complexion and pimples here and there.

But anyway yeah it sucks getting it at that age. I suppose you have already talked to a derm? If you haven't that might be a possible solution. Otherwise just keep fighting it man and good luck.

#6 deanar

deanar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:33 PM

that sucks, btw what's fluxocallin?

Antibotic, like minocycline. Doesnt work for peanuts one me!

#7 sick_skin

sick_skin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2004 - 04:46 PM

it sure is evil but you are by no means alone. Ive read lots of stuff on the net that says that adult acne is on the increase. In fact it has always been a lot more prominant than people realise and is not just something that effects teenagers. Are you male or female? If you are female then there are lots of hormonal reasons why you might have acne and you can use testosterone suppressing drugs.

Good Luck

#8 Uruk

Uruk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2004 - 04:59 PM

I have read most of the posts here and I understand what all of you are going through. I am one of the rare people I suppose who are suffering from acne in my adult years and I am pissed off about it. I never used to have zits or pimples at a young age but since the age of 27, it has affected me.
I do the right things in life with a skin care regime. Wash my face with cetaphil, drink lots of water, exercise, get the proper amount of sleep but somehow like most of you guys, I still get acne and I hate it.
I suffer from mild to moderate acne but I also am prone to cystic acne which I cannot stand. I am taking fluxocallin and doxcycline for an acne lesion which wont go away so all in all, I am suffering like you.
I am jealous of people who  have healthly skin. They can eat crap, smoke weed, do drugs and still they have clear skin.
You guys are lucky because your getting it at a young age . I am getting it in the prime of my life.
To all of you, I hope you fight this shitty disease. Along with cancer, this is evil. Pure evil!
'

You are right. Although I believe that getting Acne sucks at any age.

#9 Ludacrisss

Ludacrisss

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2004 - 01:07 AM

I am jealous of people who  have healthly skin. They can eat crap, smoke weed, do drugs and still they have clear skin.

Well it is quite sucky. But you can easily relate to Dan. He's had acne since he was 12 and sill is proned to at at the age of 30+. He found the regimen when he was 24 and cleared up. But to this day Dan is still proned to breakouts, but that just says that the Regimen can even beat adult acne too!

#10 deanar

deanar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2004 - 05:24 PM

it sure is evil but you are by no means alone.  Ive read lots of stuff on the net that says that adult acne is on the increase.  In fact it has always been a lot more prominant than people realise and is not just something that effects teenagers.  Are you male or female?  If you are female then there are lots of hormonal reasons why you might have acne and you can use testosterone suppressing drugs.   

Good Luck

I am a male. I've had acne from age 27 till 32. Never had it when I was a young fella. My mum did have it young and my sister had acne when she was young but strange to me, it is happening in my adult life. My skin quite sensitive particularly in summer months and I develop mostly cystic acne particularly under the chin area(neck really). But anyhow thanks for the good luck and cheers to all of you folks. You guys are a friendly lot in here! O:)

#11 Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*

Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:08 PM

I'm approaching 32 this year shock.gif

Still have breakouts, and scars, plus some redmarks that have been there for many years. You're not alone. But I'm working more on accepting myself daily.

Good to see you say 32 is the prime years though. Makes me feel better about my age biggrin.gif

#12 jayson

jayson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2004 - 01:00 AM

male, 37, moderate to mild acne since i was 13, it's currently under control - for today anyway. you could wheel out someone in a iron lung in front of me and i'ld still think 'shit, at least their skin is clear'. i have been so driven to keep my skin clearish for the last 24 years (never not washed my face at night, even falling down drunk), that the drive has somehow crossed over into my business/personal life - i'm more successful in both beyond my wildest expectations. i'm more sensative to others and their sufferings - except the clear skin kid in the iron lung i supose. also because i've taken care of my body in hopes that it would take care of my face (not one for laying on the couch eating chips - you know, no exercise/high fat = maybe acne), at my age, i've got a great body,healthy, and look really young; all the water i drink? there's a wierd upside to my acne/pure evil, and i think about it for two seconds a month max, the rest of the time i'm washing my face!

#13 smilingeyes

smilingeyes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2004 - 01:36 AM

Good to see you say 32 is the prime years though. Makes me feel better about my age  biggrin.gif

32 is the prime year? Damn, that was almost 2 years ago for me...you are such a youngster Obi, lol.

I'm almost 34, have been dealing with acne since I was 10, and unlike Jayson, it hasn't driven me to excel in other ways. sad.gif Have had several depressive episodes over my acne, last one ended with me in the hospital per a friends advice but then found they wouldn't release me until I agreed to take anti-depressants, WTF?? Although what they gave me had the wonderful side effect of making me lose weight, I don't think mood altering pills are a way of life.

Still, I am feeling better about the whole situation because of things I've learned here, and just tonight, my little girl told me she thought my skin was looking better because of all the masks and potions (even though they all smell, lol). Now, I'm not sure if she was just saying that to make me feel better or if she really meant it, but I love her for trying!
~nancy

#14 Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*

Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 08 January 2004 - 03:18 AM

oh, thanks for calling me young lol...

you ain't looking too bad yourself for a 34 years old wink.gif

(let's leave the back and forth flirting back in the lounge where it belongs biggrin.gif )

#15 vanessa

vanessa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2004 - 09:20 AM

I'm almost 31 and still get breakouts. But Dan's regimen has just about fixed my face (except for a couple zits at that time of the month). Have you tried it, deanar?

#16 deanar

deanar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2004 - 12:49 PM

I'm almost 31 and still get breakouts. But Dan's regimen has just about fixed my face (except for a couple zits at that time of the month). Have you tried it, deanar?

Havent tried Dan's regimen. Even though it has been successful for most people in here, I'm not too keen to stick creams and stuff on my face because they havent worked for me in the past.
My acne isnt that bad. It is just the cystic stuff that pisses me off.
I use cetaphil cleanser for my face which has helped me for 5 or 6 years from getting really BAD acne but still the cystic mf's are there.
I'm seeing a derm on the 22nd January to possibly have a shot with the cyst in the right side of my neck. It's a small one but it is annoying. It's annoying too because it's in an area where I shave.
I'm been prescribed Doxcycline for the other little spots on my face (though there arent many)
Ah well, life's a bitch
#-o