Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suffering from acne at age 32

16 posts in this topic

I have read most of the posts here and I understand what all of you are going through. I am one of the rare people I suppose who are suffering from acne in my adult years and I am pissed off about it. I never used to have zits or pimples at a young age but since the age of 27, it has affected me.

I do the right things in life with a skin care regime. Wash my face with cetaphil, drink lots of water, exercise, get the proper amount of sleep but somehow like most of you guys, I still get acne and I hate it.

I suffer from mild to moderate acne but I also am prone to cystic acne which I cannot stand. I am taking fluxocallin and doxcycline for an acne lesion which wont go away so all in all, I am suffering like you.

I am jealous of people who have healthly skin. They can eat crap, smoke weed, do drugs and still they have clear skin.

I say to myself, why does it have to happen to me? Why cant it happen to them.

You guys are lucky because your getting it at a young age . I am getting it in the prime of my life.

To all of you, I hope you fight this shitty disease. Along with cancer, this is evil. Pure evil!

smoking weed gives you bad skin?????

ah shite.

32, thats rough bud.

that sucks, btw what's fluxocallin?

I can feel it's getting nearer

Images they'll turn out clearer

Creeps in and out of your mind

I'm destiny personified

I know there's something more behind

but is it really justified?

to sacrifce to crucify

the rescue of the human kind!

smoking weed gives you bad skin?????

ah shite.

32, thats rough bud.

Dont smoke weed.

Popstars, celebrities, people with gifted skin smoke crap dont they and they are perfect.

I said I am jealous of those people. I do the right things skin regime wise and it doesnt work at all.

that sucks, btw what's fluxocallin?

it sure is evil but you are by no means alone. Ive read lots of stuff on the net that says that adult acne is on the increase. In fact it has always been a lot more prominant than people realise and is not just something that effects teenagers. Are you male or female? If you are female then there are lots of hormonal reasons why you might have acne and you can use testosterone suppressing drugs.

Good Luck

I have read most of the posts here and I understand what all of you are going through. I am one of the rare people I suppose who are suffering from acne in my adult years and I am pissed off about it. I never used to have zits or pimples at a young age but since the age of 27, it has affected me.

I do the right things in life with a skin care regime. Wash my face with cetaphil, drink lots of water, exercise, get the proper amount of sleep but somehow like most of you guys, I still get acne and I hate it.

I suffer from mild to moderate acne but I also am prone to cystic acne which I cannot stand. I am taking fluxocallin and doxcycline for an acne lesion which wont go away so all in all, I am suffering like you.

I am jealous of people who  have healthly skin. They can eat crap, smoke weed, do drugs and still they have clear skin.

You guys are lucky because your getting it at a young age . I am getting it in the prime of my life.

To all of you, I hope you fight this shitty disease. Along with cancer, this is evil. Pure evil!

I am jealous of people who  have healthly skin. They can eat crap, smoke weed, do drugs and still they have clear skin.

it sure is evil but you are by no means alone.  Ive read lots of stuff on the net that says that adult acne is on the increase.  In fact it has always been a lot more prominant than people realise and is not just something that effects teenagers.  Are you male or female?  If you are female then there are lots of hormonal reasons why you might have acne and you can use testosterone suppressing drugs.   

Good Luck

I'm approaching 32 this year shock.gif

Still have breakouts, and scars, plus some redmarks that have been there for many years. You're not alone. But I'm working more on accepting myself daily.

Good to see you say 32 is the prime years though. Makes me feel better about my age biggrin.gif

male, 37, moderate to mild acne since i was 13, it's currently under control - for today anyway. you could wheel out someone in a iron lung in front of me and i'ld still think 'shit, at least their skin is clear'. i have been so driven to keep my skin clearish for the last 24 years (never not washed my face at night, even falling down drunk), that the drive has somehow crossed over into my business/personal life - i'm more successful in both beyond my wildest expectations. i'm more sensative to others and their sufferings - except the clear skin kid in the iron lung i supose. also because i've taken care of my body in hopes that it would take care of my face (not one for laying on the couch eating chips - you know, no exercise/high fat = maybe acne), at my age, i've got a great body,healthy, and look really young; all the water i drink? there's a wierd upside to my acne/pure evil, and i think about it for two seconds a month max, the rest of the time i'm washing my face!

oh, thanks for calling me young lol...

you ain't looking too bad yourself for a 34 years old wink.gif

(let's leave the back and forth flirting back in the lounge where it belongs biggrin.gif )

I'm almost 31 and still get breakouts. But Dan's regimen has just about fixed my face (except for a couple zits at that time of the month). Have you tried it, deanar?

I'm almost 31 and still get breakouts. But Dan's regimen has just about fixed my face (except for a couple zits at that time of the month). Have you tried it, deanar?