Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Horrible stomach aches on Minocycline

13 posts in this topic

Are you drinking a full sized glass of water with each dose?

Possible side effects of Minocycline :

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:

Changes in skin color; diarrhea; difficulty swallowing; dizziness; feeling of a whirling motion; lightheadedness; loss of appetite; nausea; sensitivity to sunlight; unsteadiness; vomiting

How to use Minocycline :

Use Minocycline as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.

Take Minocycline by mouth. Do not take Minocycline with food or milk unless otherwise directed. Minocycline is sometimes taken with food or milk to reduce stomach upset. However, certain foods and milk may bind with Minocycline , preventing its full absorption. To avoid this problem, take Minocycline 2 to 3 hours before or after milk or any food containing magnesium, aluminum, or calcium.

If you also take bismuth salts (eg, bismuth subsalicylate), calcium salts (eg, calcium carbonate), colestipol, iron salts (eg, iron sulfate), magnesium, urinary alkalinizers (eg, daily antacids), sucralfate, vitamins/minerals, quinapril, didanosine, or zinc salts (eg, zinc sulfate), do not take them within 2 to 3 hours before or after taking Minocycline . Check with your doctor if you have questions.

Take Minocycline with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL). Do not lie down for 30 minutes after taking Minocycline .

To clear up your infection completely, take Minocycline for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.

Minocycline works best if it is taken at the same time each day.

If you miss a dose of Minocycline , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.

It is like a reason that picks you up

And places you

Where you always wanted

To be.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

No:

It says contact your doctor, listed under the possibly serious. :(

There ya go :) Try it as instucted up there^ If it persists -then call the doc ;)

It is like a reason that picks you up

And places you

Where you always wanted

To be.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

Each time I take minocycline... I get this horrible stomach ache about 10 minutes later :X Tonight I almost puked. Is this normal? :unsure:

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

Yeah, I was experiencing the same stuff as you. I'd take Mino first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with a full glass of water and almost immediately after my stomach would ache and then I would get really bad headaches throughout the day :wall:.

You cannot have dairy two hours before or two hours after taking the pill, you have to wait thirty minutes after taking it before you can lie down, and all this bullshit

Take it with a meal for sure. Every time I take mino without eating (because I'm lazy and I cant be stuffed) 10 minutes later I'll get really naseous and my stomach will cramp. Not good. Usually takes half a day to go away too.

Eat a nice meal low in Calcium, then take Mino. You don't have to really drink a huge glass of water, but whatever works for you.

I learned fast...if you wanna survive on a tetracycline, you'll have to eat, then pop the pills..

Yes i've puked twice, gotten sick about 10 times...and learned my lesson. Empty stomach + pill = 1 hour of HELL.

i was on doxycycline and my stomach always hurt until i ate a piece of bread before swallowing it.

Ive only been taking Mino for 2 days now, but i get up every morning and take it on an empty sotmach with a full glass of water and have not yet had any stomach aches or headaches.

You Just Have To Look Through The Dark

To See The Glimmers

[sig-img:412]

My Holistic Progress

6 Liver flushes performed so far in 2009

i'm on minocycline long term (over a year) and i have found i get plenty of stomach problems (actually more like GI problems :confused: ) but i can't be entirely sure that they're from the mino as my blood work says my liver etc. is all normal! i find with mino you have to figure out a good schedule for you, for example i can get nauseous if i take it first thing in the morning, so often i take it AFTER my shower and after my body has gotten used to be "awake" and so it doesn't hit me too hard. You may have to adjust with your body's cycle for example during my period i get MAJOR stomach problems (just my personal problem, i'm on B/C and even THAT can't save me tho i am spared 14 day long periods thank god which i used to have). Anyways during that time i sometimes don't take it when my stomach is REALLY upset. As long as its consistent after a month or so in your system and if you're on it longer term you can miss a day or so here and there to give your tummy a rest!

-The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson