Photo

Coming off the regimen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
110 replies to this topic

#1 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:58 AM

After 4 years on the DKR regimen I have decided to come off it for a while and see if my acne is truely gone. I will still to be using DKR cleanser because i like how it makes my skin feel but that is it. No b.p and no moisteriser. I stay clear with DKR but if i am totally honest 4 years of doing the same routine twice a day for 4years has become a chore for me.

So today has been the first day in 4years that B.P hasn't touched my face. It's kinda wierd, i had to stop myself from applying b.p because it is just a normal thing for me to do now.

Has anyone else came off for any length of time? If so what happend?

I will keep this thread updated.
Formerly Nicky D

If you stand for nothing then you will fall for anything

#2 Guest_WhiteWater_*

Guest_WhiteWater_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(Nick_d_uk @ May 12 2007, 11:58 AM) View Post
After 4 years on the DKR regimen I have decided to come off it for a while and see if my acne is truely gone. I will still to be using DKR cleanser because i like how it makes my skin feel but that is it. No b.p and no moisteriser. I stay clear with DKR but if i am totally honest 4 years of doing the same routine twice a day for 4years has become a chore for me.

So today has been the first day in 4years that B.P hasn't touched my face. It's kinda wierd, i had to stop myself from applying b.p because it is just a normal thing for me to do now.

Has anyone else came off for any length of time? If so what happend?

I will keep this thread updated.

Good luck, hope it works out.
I'd say still use a moisturizer on skin that feels and looks dry after cleansing.
AHA based moisturizers, with gentler lactic acid, are beneficial with or without acne.
If you dont moisturize you could mistake the possible dermatitis (its associated staph infections due to dry skin) for acne coming back.
I know what u mean about twice daily chore, but it works! smile.gif

#3 Mr. Big

Mr. Big

¿Qué Me Ves?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:23 PM

Nick, I noticed in your gallery that you mentioned you had come off the regimen in March, but you broke out, so you went back on it. Why are you tryin again only two months later?
Just wondering, thats all. smile.gif
A Cada Puerco Le Llega Su Sábado

Sooner or Later Everyone Gets What They Deserve

#4 Libertine.

Libertine.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

Nick don't quit BP cold turkey, come of it slowly. This will give your skin time to adjust and might lessen the risk of breaking out straightaway.

#5 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(Libertine. @ May 12 2007, 01:47 PM) View Post
Nick don't quit BP cold turkey, come of it slowly. This will give your skin time to adjust and might lessen the risk of breaking out straightaway.

I agree.

We're all in this together.

#6 Regi_1

Regi_1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(Libertine. @ May 12 2007, 04:17 PM) View Post

Is this just a hunch? If he has actually grown out of acne, i dont think it would matter to quit cold turkey.

#7 archer99

archer99

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:31 PM

has any1 ever stopped using the regimen and stayed clear? or is there a phase where one breaks out and then after that stays clear when going of the regimen?

#8 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(buckeye06 @ May 12 2007, 07:23 PM) View Post
Nick, I noticed in your gallery that you mentioned you had come off the regimen in March, but you broke out, so you went back on it. Why are you tryin again only two months later?
Just wondering, thats all. smile.gif

Well i was running low on b.p so i stopped doing it at night to make the tube last longer. I have stayed clear with just once a day. When i tried coming off it earlier in March i was still doing it once a day but i was breaking out. I didn't want to stop just like that so i just done it once a day for the past 3 weeks. Seeing that i have stayed clear for over 3 weeks with just once a day i am going to come off it fully and see what happens

QUOTE(Libertine. @ May 12 2007, 07:47 PM) View Post

Way ahead of u man just been doing it once a day and lowering the dosage. Today is the first day with no b.p.
Formerly Nicky D

#9 -lxl-

-lxl-

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:08 PM

well good luck!

#10 Acne Can Suck It

Acne Can Suck It

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:28 PM

I'm in the process of coming off BP myself. I started by not putting any on my chin, which was never a big problem area for me. After having no problems, I stopped putting it on my cheeks. Currently, I only put it on my nose, upper lip, and the area right around my nose; occasionally I'll put some on my forehead at night, but not too often. It feels great to come off the stuff--you can feel you skin saying "Phew! It's about time!" If you don't feel a positive difference in the feel of your skin when you come off, you probably should keep on it. It's a very hard to describe sensation, but trust me, you'll "feel it" if your face can handle being BP-free. Sounds like you're going gradually, which is exactly the right way to go about things. Good luck.

#11 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(Acne Can Suck It @ May 12 2007, 11:28 PM) View Post
I'm in the process of coming off BP myself. I started by not putting any on my chin, which was never a big problem area for me. After having no problems, I stopped putting it on my cheeks. Currently, I only put it on my nose, upper lip, and the area right around my nose; occasionally I'll put some on my forehead at night, but not too often. It feels great to come off the stuff--you can feel you skin saying "Phew! It's about time!" If you don't feel a positive difference in the feel of your skin when you come off, you probably should keep on it. It's a very hard to describe sensation, but trust me, you'll "feel it" if your face can handle being BP-free. Sounds like you're going gradually, which is exactly the right way to go about things. Good luck.

Thanks man. My skin does feel a lot better already kinda like "i'm free" sensation lol

We'll see how it goes.
Formerly Nicky D

#12 Libertine.

Libertine.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(Regi_1 @ May 12 2007, 09:15 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Libertine. @ May 12 2007, 04:17 PM) View Post

Is this just a hunch? If he has actually grown out of acne, i dont think it would matter to quit cold turkey.

Well this is just my opinion but if he breaks out immediately after stopping the BP (and considering he has been using it for so long) then it might be linked to withdrawal symptoms, no? In which case he would jump straight back onto BP thinking that he had not yet grown out of it.

I just think its better to be safe and come off slowly.

QUOTE(Nick_d_uk @ May 12 2007, 10:58 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Libertine. @ May 12 2007, 07:47 PM) View Post

Way ahead of u man just been doing it once a day and lowering the dosage. Today is the first day with no b.p.

Good stuff, hope it goes well for you. I'm thinking that i might try this myself soon.

#13 Regi_1

Regi_1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(Libertine. @ May 12 2007, 08:32 PM) View Post
Well this is just my opinion but if he breaks out immediately after stopping the BP (and considering he has been using it for so long) then it might be linked to withdrawal symptoms, no?

No. Your skin does not become dependent on bp, therefore it can't suffer withdrawl. If you quit and you break out, its because you still have acne prone skin. The benefit of weaning off is that if you do start to break out, the break out should not be as bad with the smaller amount of bp on your skin as it would be without any at all.

#14 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:02 AM

Second day.

Just had a wash, face feels good and theres no evidence of new spots. So for so good but still early days.
Formerly Nicky D

#15 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:05 AM

Keep us posted! I'd be terrified to come off BP....!!!
"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."- Gkar, Objects in Motion

"I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos. The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves." - Carl Sagan

#16 Libertine.

Libertine.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(Regi_1 @ May 13 2007, 12:32 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Libertine. @ May 12 2007, 08:32 PM) View Post
Well this is just my opinion but if he breaks out immediately after stopping the BP (and considering he has been using it for so long) then it might be linked to withdrawal symptoms, no?

No. Your skin does not become dependent on bp, therefore it can't suffer withdrawl. If you quit and you break out, its because you still have acne prone skin. The benefit of weaning off is that if you do start to break out, the break out should not be as bad with the smaller amount of bp on your skin as it would be without any at all.

Yeah, i suppose that makes sense lol. Come off it slowly and any breakouts you may get will be small and manageable, at which point you'll likely decide to get back onto the BP and won't have suffered too much damage smile.gif.

#17 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(Elsewhere @ May 13 2007, 03:05 PM) View Post
Keep us posted! I'd be terrified to come off BP....!!!

Same here but i am soo sick of it now...... I just do not want to ever treat my face ever again with anything.
Formerly Nicky D

#18 Ghostkilla

Ghostkilla

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:15 PM

i hate bp not the results of it but just feeling like i have something on my face when i wash and don't use anything but moisturiser i feel free lol

#19 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:44 AM

Day 3.

Had a spot come up this morning. TBH i think it was already there. It was one of those ones that i could feel under the skin but took a while to come out.

My skin actually feels a little itchy this morning and for some reason i have felt guilty for not doing the regimen, like i was cheating on a girlfriend or something lol Whats all that about?

However so far so good. Only the one spot to report, i think this is leading to a breakout but i live in hope.

On the plus side i get an extra 30minutes in bed where i am not doing the regimen eusa_dance.gif
Formerly Nicky D

#20 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:09 AM

Day 3 approaching Lucnhtime.

My skin feels really strange right now. Got this strange tingling, itching sensation and it is really annoying. My skin is displaying signs of a breakout already. As in I can feel when my skin is about to breakout, kinda like i can feel spots growing under my skin. Anyone else gets this?

I think maybe the itching is a side a effect from coming off b.p. Aslo my skin is really oily today, you could deep fry a bargin bucket of KFC on me right now lol

To sum up, not feeling to crazy about my skin right now. If it continues to feel like this tomorrow i think i will got back on the regimen. I have had acne long enough now to know when my skin is about to freakout on me, so prevention is better than cure.
Formerly Nicky D