Photo

How fast is the skin cell renewal rate?

2 replies to this topic

#1 calla lily

calla lily

Stressed is just desserts spelled backward.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Cooking, illustrating, reading sci fi/fantasy, writing, ice skating<br /><br />Music: Depeche Mode, Yanni, Michael Buble

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:44 AM

Yesterday I noticed that I had LOTS of dead skin built up on my skin. When I would drag my nails on it, dull, grey matter would collect and ball up under my fingernails. It was so gross, so I exfoliated it all off with my fingers. :/ I hadn't exfoliated in like a week or a week-and-a-half. That's pretty fast (to me)...

But does anyone know for sure how quickly it takes for the skin to shed the upper layer every day? I think that's a huuuuge problem for me--I'm not exfoliating enough!

#2 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

You have to exfoliate, especially if you use topicals, They will peel your skin and cause a lot of cell damage. It can cause your pores to be clogged if oil is in production.

But the topical skin cycle is about 30 days. If you don't use any topicals, any blemishes usually go away in 30 days or so.

#3 calla lily

calla lily

Stressed is just desserts spelled backward.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Cooking, illustrating, reading sci fi/fantasy, writing, ice skating<br /><br />Music: Depeche Mode, Yanni, Michael Buble

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:50 AM

I haven't really been adhering to any skin care regimen for the past few weeks, though.

Anyway, isn't
hyperkeratinization a common problem in acne sufferers? I think I have that because it hasn't even been 2 weeks (much less than 30 days!) and I already have a lot of dead skin shedded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users