Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How fast is the skin cell renewal rate?

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday I noticed that I had LOTS of dead skin built up on my skin. When I would drag my nails on it, dull, grey matter would collect and ball up under my fingernails. It was so gross, so I exfoliated it all off with my fingers. :/ I hadn't exfoliated in like a week or a week-and-a-half. That's pretty fast (to me)...

But does anyone know for sure how quickly it takes for the skin to shed the upper layer every day? I think that's a huuuuge problem for me--I'm not exfoliating enough!

You have to exfoliate, especially if you use topicals, They will peel your skin and cause a lot of cell damage. It can cause your pores to be clogged if oil is in production.

But the topical skin cycle is about 30 days. If you don't use any topicals, any blemishes usually go away in 30 days or so.

Gone out of the country July 5th to August 5th

Finally Clear! < Click link for regimen

People always think the key to fighting acne is to avoid foods, but in actually it's usually what they're NOT eating that's causing it to happen. It made no sense to start with omitting the small things that MAY cause acne for SOME people. Start with the basics of nutrition. You're a human, not an accumulation of minor problems from every person! Not everyone reacts to the same foods. Not everyone has issues with wheat and such foods. Start with the basics of good nutrition and THEN see what happens, omit foods once you feel something is not working, but don't base a diet off of what to avoid, that will make you malnourished and very depressed when you have nothing left to eat! It is true that some people have issues with some foods, but remember, try it for yourself first :)

Get to the root of the problem, because acne has a relentless and endless arsenal on the surface and it is sadistic.

Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group. Omega 3 fatty acids can also help to keep the production of androgens under control. Androgens are hormones that influence sebum production and are particularly active during adolescence, which is possibly why many teenagers suffer from acne. Androgen excess may provoke or aggravate acne by inducing seborrhea (sebum). In women, androgen disorders are frequently suspected when acne is accompanied by hirsutism or irregularities of the menstrual cycle. In men, however, acne may be the only sign of androgen excess.

I haven't really been adhering to any skin care regimen for the past few weeks, though.

Anyway, isn't hyperkeratinization a common problem in acne sufferers? I think I have that because it hasn't even been 2 weeks (much less than 30 days!) and I already have a lot of dead skin shedded.