Photo

Vitamin B5 Information

vitamin vitamins pantothenic pantothenic acid vitamin b vitamin b5 oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1982 replies to this topic

#41 gul

gul

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2004 - 05:55 PM

Is there any way to get vitamin B5 from natural food? If what the first posting says about fat metabolism is true, than eating less fat should clear the skin. But, this is not true. The amount of fat intake never had an affect on my skin. In my case, the amount of oil my skin produces is totally related to my stress level. Under stress, some people sweat water, I sweat oil!
Moreover, I find articles relating unstable levels of glycolic index(GI) (sudden increase in the sugar level in your blood) to acne. For instance, among people in societies that have not invented or adopted a production method for modified carbohydrates (such as white bread, pasta, etc.) with high GI, there is absolutely no instance of acne.

In addition, I am married to a person that comes from a society where people do not even have acne in puberty and perfect skin until the old age. We all eat the same food. But, I have noticed that they in general have a faster metabolism and high cholestrol levels, developing heart problems as early as 50s. I wonder how fat metabolism is related to high cholestrol levels. Could it be that high cholestrol means breakdown of more fat(or less)? May be it is a good thing not to break it down but get it out of your system.

Gul

#42 Panto

Panto

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2004 - 01:55 PM

There IS B5 in food, but the amounts are so scarce that you would need to eat massive amounts of food to reach the desired amount.

#43 Stethomas

Stethomas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2004 - 02:25 PM

I understand that a B-Complex must be taken whilst on B5, but would'nt this create a deficiency in vitamin B. Also does'nt too much damage the nerve system?

#44 Joehoe49

Joehoe49

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2004 - 01:51 PM

Hi, just ordered my b5 from

http://www.swansonvi.....tothenic Acid

Anyone have experience with this site before? Their b5 was the cheapest I've found. 500mg in 500 caps for only about $16.19.

Also I've heard that I need to take vitamin b complex while on this. But there is so many kinds, b-100 b-50 b-25..

Can someone tell me exactly what else I need? Would this work?
http://www.vitaminsh...pe=SearchResult

And is it true that because b5 allows your body to burn more fat, this will make you skinnier as well?

Can I use a topical acne system while on b5? Like proactiv?

Thanks

#45 Panto

Panto

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2004 - 10:03 PM

Yes, it actually can help you get skinnier. It was in an article somewhere. And you can use any topicals with B5 that you wish.

#46 ptownguy

ptownguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2004 - 01:32 AM

Yes, it actually can help you get skinnier. It was in an article somewhere. And you can use any topicals with B5 that you wish.

shit it can make u skinnier? im trying to gain some more weight for baseball season while taking 10g of b5 daily.
My Log
Morning: C&C Blackhead Scrub + C&C Continous Control + 250 mg tetracycline.
Night:C&C Continous Control.
Misc: Weekly application of proactiv sulfure mask, GNC mega man multivitamin, and zinc supplement.

#47 randomguy123

randomguy123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2004 - 03:41 AM

Hi, i've been taking vitamin b5 for a week now (10g) and i have absolutely no side effects what so ever, i stumbled accross this web site, is this true?

http://www.natural-a...om/b5-acne.html

#48 Azur

Azur

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2004 - 09:46 AM

Hi, i've been taking vitamin b5 for a week now (10g) and i have absolutely no side effects what so ever, i stumbled accross this web site, is this true?
http://www.natural-a...om/b5-acne.html

That's bull....I knew it was bull when I read ''it does not work'' because it simply does work....

And about the side effects, yes..some people have side effects but not that extreme as he is making everybody believe.....about the long term, nobody knows about that...nor does he, so again..its bull!

He is just trying to sell HIS product...

#49 Panto

Panto

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2004 - 01:17 PM

That's definetly a load of bull, I've had it work for me. Like Azur said, he wants to sell his stupid book.

#50 nativetexan23

nativetexan23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 18 February 2004 - 02:00 PM

Why is it always about the money? Even at the expense of hurting other people?

#51 polevault1543

polevault1543

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2004 - 05:55 AM

yea dawg thats how the world works, on money.

#52 nativetexan23

nativetexan23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2004 - 02:39 PM

Ptownguy: you can still put on quality size while taking B5, I'm living proof. You're just gonna have too eat alot more, (especially protein 1g to 1.5g for ever lb you weigh) cut out nearly all or all of your running, and lift heavy 4-8 reps per set on squats, deadlift, bench press and other compoud lifts. Do that and you will still put on muscle but without the annoying fat you would get if you WEREN'T taking B5. The key is eating good food, and lots of veggies.

#53 dave21

dave21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:34 AM

http://www.b5supplements.co.uk www.pumpnpose.com

#54 winniegirl

winniegirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 23 February 2004 - 01:58 PM

Ok, this B5 thing is really interesting - I have ordered and will be trying, so I will let you know. Dan's regimen has helped a lot, but my skin is major oily so if this B5 helps control oil I will be lovin life.

And if it helps control weight (which makes sense if it helps with fat metabolism) I will be dancing around my computer. biggrin.gif/

I am just a bad pill popper - too many doctors - too much nonsense, so I will have to stick to this one - encourage me.

thanks.
winnie

#55 polevault1543

polevault1543

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2004 - 08:34 PM

b5 kills oil like crazy, im off of it for the most part cuz my face is so damn dry.

#56 Fame

Fame

All About this U

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2004 - 06:30 PM

b5 kills oil like crazy, im off of it for the most part cuz my face is so damn dry.

mosturize!

#57 lilchicken

lilchicken

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2004 - 06:57 PM

It seems like with this product.. http://shop.store.ya...vitb5clear.html (which has been mentioned before on this board) You don't have to pop pills all day. The powdered form just requires you to take 3 teaspoons of it a day.

This sounds so tempting to me that I'm thinking of going off the anti-andgrogens. But of course the anti-androgens are cheaper for me at the moment and I'm poor-ass right now sad.gif

But three teaspoons... that's not bad.

#58 shagnscoob

shagnscoob

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2004 - 04:45 AM

you must not realize how bad it tastes biggrin.gif

#59 dave21

dave21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:34 AM

would it be best to take a timed release b complex?

#60 Kelin

Kelin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:42 AM

Several questions:
Is B5 available in a gelcap form? Or are they bunches of nasty tasting tablets you have to take all day? Do you have to take it with food to keep from getting sick? Also, is it okay to take it along with a Vitamin A supplement?
How low a dose should you start on and how quickly should you work up to 10g?
How long does it take to notice a difference in oil production and is the difference only notable once you're taking 10g a day?