Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hard white waxy substance in pores

6 posts in this topic

All over my nose and near my nose towards my upper cheeks and on my chin i have large pores, however my skin is dry. All the pores on my face are filled with this hard wax like substance which i can remove, however it just comes straight back, its getting me down. I just wondered if anybody knows what it is?

All over my nose and near my nose towards my upper cheeks and on my chin i have large pores, however my skin is dry. All the pores on my face are filled with this hard wax like substance which i can remove, however it just comes straight back, its getting me down. I just wondered if anybody knows what it is?

Exfoliate, moisturize. That will help with the sebum clogged pores.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

bha should help you, get some paula bha 2% or 1% if you have sensitive skin

i also have that problem, and i found out bha can push them out,

right now even, it havent clear my face, but i see the proggress...

all those sebum seems going out

I have that SAME problem! Do you want to know what gets rid of it?

Let me tell you. Get some jojoba oil. Right before washing up, take some and rub it into the sides of your nose and the plugged area for about 4 minutes. It's best to sit and watch t.v. or something while you do it, just massage it in and you will feel them come out. Eventually it will be smooth. Then wash it out and all the grit will be gone. So don't worry about the oil, it won't be long enough to settle in and clog pores, and also it's non comedogenic by nature, so both ways it works really well. Try it, you can do it every often as you'd like, it's better than those nose strips or anything like that.

Gone out of the country July 5th to August 5th

Finally Clear! < Click link for regimen

People always think the key to fighting acne is to avoid foods, but in actually it's usually what they're NOT eating that's causing it to happen. It made no sense to start with omitting the small things that MAY cause acne for SOME people. Start with the basics of nutrition. You're a human, not an accumulation of minor problems from every person! Not everyone reacts to the same foods. Not everyone has issues with wheat and such foods. Start with the basics of good nutrition and THEN see what happens, omit foods once you feel something is not working, but don't base a diet off of what to avoid, that will make you malnourished and very depressed when you have nothing left to eat! It is true that some people have issues with some foods, but remember, try it for yourself first :)

Get to the root of the problem, because acne has a relentless and endless arsenal on the surface and it is sadistic.

Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group. Omega 3 fatty acids can also help to keep the production of androgens under control. Androgens are hormones that influence sebum production and are particularly active during adolescence, which is possibly why many teenagers suffer from acne. Androgen excess may provoke or aggravate acne by inducing seborrhea (sebum). In women, androgen disorders are frequently suspected when acne is accompanied by hirsutism or irregularities of the menstrual cycle. In men, however, acne may be the only sign of androgen excess.