#21 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Bruce Dickinson @ Mar 24 2008, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hell, I think I'm going to shave again today!

Live on the wild side! wink.gif

We're all in this together.

#22 PrznKing

PrznKing

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Bruce Dickinson @ Mar 24 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually just tried this kit yesterday, and I believe the purpose of the pre-shave oil is to create a barrier and extra lubrication for the hair. I found the shave cream to be pleasant, and created some nice foam as you worked it in. Hell, I think I'm going to shave again today!

I guess it's more of a personal thing, because when I shave, I find it best for my skin to be as wet as possible and when I use an oil, I can't keep my face fully wet.

But if it works for you, keep on using it!

#23 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

I couldn't help myself, Bruce. lol.gif

We're all in this together.

#24 PrznKing

PrznKing

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:24 AM

I don't even use an after-shave lotion anymore. I just use my astringent but I'm wondering if that's not good. I mean after I shave I don't get irritated or anything. It doesn't even feel like I shaved.

#25 zenonie

zenonie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

would this work for women's legs?
"Why is there a pancake is the silverware drawer?"
"The correct question is why is there silverware in the pancake drawer"

#26 luppe

luppe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (MG86 @ Feb 3 2008, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its all about trimming! Besides chicks dick a lil scruff, makes it looks like ya don't care too much. At least that's what the girls tell me!

they lied to you

#27 caleban

caleban

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 54
About Me
  • Interests:Gene Wolfe

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:06 AM

I don't post often but this was a big change for me so I thought I'd share.

I began classic wet shaving about 6 months ago and it's the closest, smoothest, least irritating shave I've ever had by far. It requires an initial investment of money, mostly on a good badger brush, and it takes more time but I find it a soothing and enjoyable ritual.

After the initial investment I believe it's cheaper than cartridges because the blades are cheaper, sharper, and last longer. I have to use a different cartridge every shave whereas I can use the same double edged blade for a week or two.

At a minimum I highly recommend lathering up with a shaving soap and brush which does wonders to lubricate the skin and lift the hairs making them ready for shaving with a blade or a cartridge. I tried lathering with the regimen soap and brush but the lather wasn't as good for shaving it was more soapy and sticky than shaving soap lather.

My shave:
Shower
Lather with shaving soap, nice badger brush, and mug
Several passes with safety razor lathering in between each pass
Rinse warm
Splash cold
Aftershave
Moisturizer and Jojoba oil or acne regimen depending on time of day and condition of skin

My favorite classic wet shaving reference video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xjhIy9rgWQU

Happy shaving!
AM: DKR Cleanser, Jojoba Oil, DKR Moisturizer
PM: Tretinoin Cream .1 %, DKR BP

DKR Gallery

#28 PrznKing

PrznKing

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

I hear so many good things about the safety razor but I tried it once and all I did was cut my skin VERY BADLY. But if I get a shave at the barber shop, they give the best shave with those.

#29 chris111

chris111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

Is it a good idea to shave regurlarly?i always thought the less irritation my skin got the better but does the hair stop my skin from breathing?

#30 jdmej1

jdmej1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

Anyone have any ideas about Safety Razors? I was wondering if those would irritate my skin?

#31 cbas9

cbas9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

Hey everyone...new to this forum. I have already discovered a lot of great information...yet like a lot of guys, shaving is pure hell.

A little background....used every topical, antibiotic, etc. mentioned anywhere in here. I have been through 2 courses of Accutane. While on the tane, my skin was flawless (except for IB 1st time around which was awful) and it was the first time in my life I could shave and not get crazy irritation, breakouts, ingrowns, etc. Each time after the tane I could shave for a small period of time until I had to resort back to a beard trimmer (currently using) because of the same issues as pre-tane. I have been using a trimmer since 2001. I have found info on the ZNP bar and I am interested if this may help me. Needless to say I have very sensitive skin. Thoughts?

Other than ZNP and a few other products in here, I have used, heard of, or tried all of them.

Shaving routine when on the tane:

After shower I would use Lab Series for men Pre-shaving scrub and rinse with hot water. I would then apply the lab series for men shave cream, not gel, and use a Sensor excel with the grain. I would then was my face with Brevoxyl 4% (been usingthis for years, only wash that keeps me semi-in check) Afterwards I was using a clinique after shave lotion that had 2% salicylic for the ingrowns.

Does anyone have any info on how they use the ZNP bar and shaving? As a lather, aftwrewards as a wash?

#32 AcneDepress

AcneDepress

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:44 PM

Hi there.

I am going to try shaving tomorrow, using Dan's cleanser gel. (I dont know what else to use really, im afraid of purchasing something that could be irritating for my skin)

My problem is as follows: What do I do after?

I've been taught always to use aftershave with an disinfectant effect. But I am bit paranoid about using products which could cause out-breaks and whatnot.

So I am asking you:

What can I do to ensure that my skin is disinfectanted after a shave?

Kind Regards,
Me.

#33 XC60

XC60

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:14 AM

After trying everything under sun, back to the old electric again. I'd like to start off by saying, avoid any products with alcohol or SLS!!! We know the bad effects of alcohol, but this SLS stuff is even worse when it comes to ingrown hairs & shaving bumps. Supposedly, this nasty synthetic chemical strips your skin of certain essential oils, and therefore the follicle does not grow back properly. After doing much reading on shaving forums and even the instructional manual for my Norelco, the consensus is to shave "against-the-grain". I was extremely hesitant about doing this, but this does seem to be the correct way to shear the hair off. As a warning, make very light passes, and you'll see what I mean. If using a Norelco, take out the lifts...very important!!! Lastly, the last poster wanted to use something to disinfect his face & neck for shaving, it's probably on your cabinet...HONEY!!! One more thing, I CANNOT recommend using Dan's Cleanser as a shaving cream!
Volvo For Life!

#34 rodd

rodd

$$rockinonyourdime$$

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (AcneDepress @ Jun 18 2008, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there.

I am going to try shaving tomorrow, using Dan's cleanser gel. (I dont know what else to use really, im afraid of purchasing something that could be irritating for my skin)

My problem is as follows: What do I do after?

I've been taught always to use aftershave with an disinfectant effect. But I am bit paranoid about using products which could cause out-breaks and whatnot.

So I am asking you:

What can I do to ensure that my skin is disinfectanted after a shave?

Kind Regards,
Me.

the question i am proposing to you is thus:

do you really need to disinfect your face after you shave?

please find my opinion on the matter below:

the idea of needing to disinfect your face comes from back in the day when they'd shave with some grubby old blade that was just rinsed and wiped down with a rag after the previous guys blood got on it in the local barber shop. traditional aftershaves were pretty much pure alcohol to physically destroy bacteria and prevent infection

the main reason for us to put something on our skin in this day and age is so it doesnt get too dry after having all the natural oils stripped off the surface. theres honestly nothing to disinfect.. assuming you shave anywhere outside of a sewer. so a moisturiser of some kind should be fine. for what its worth my face has never been infected despite never having used any disinfectant on it
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Song of the Moment: 'Astrix - Crystal Sequence'

#35 mary prankster

mary prankster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

If you have sensitive skin try using an electric shaver.

#36 BALDWEAR

BALDWEAR

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

Ultra Shave
The Ultimate Shaving Cream, Virtually Eliminates Bad Shave Days.
<a href="http://www.ultrashav...shaveoz.com</a>
The 21st Century Way To Shave, A Radically Different Way to Shave!,

#37 XC60

XC60

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:17 PM

After still having numerous problems in my neck area, I've resorted to laser hair removal again. We'll see how it goes this time around, it's going to take about 4-5 procedures for full removal. The machine used is fairly aggressive, and done by a physician, not by a spa, laser center, or a nurse. I've had one done, and it took about 10 days for it to heal before I could return to shaving, I'll keep everyone posted on the progess, no pun intended!
Volvo For Life!

#38 SEO

SEO

SEO

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:50 AM

extremly detailed tut, thx alot

#39 PaulyD

PaulyD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:09 AM

What do you guys do for the hair around/on affected areas? I try trimming them as best as I can but some times I accidently poke my cysts and im worried itl cause some scarring. It takes me SO long though because I try trimming the hairs almost down to skin height because I dont want patches of hair.
SCARS SUCK :(

#40 PrznKing

PrznKing

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

I haven't had a cyst in a few years but I think I shaved around them. Normal acne, just shave right over it. Good exfoliation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users