Photo

...education on Finacea

red mark

This topic is in the process of being archived.
358 replies to this topic

#41 dingdingding

dingdingding

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:52 PM

ok so this is my 3rd week on Finacea, and I still get blackheads on my nose. It really faded a lot of my brown marks. But it doesnt seem to stop the blackhead formation on my nose. Should I just accept that or have I not waited long enough for it to take effect?

#42 Adam122234

Adam122234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:39 AM

My nose is practically impossible to maintain also....i mean i don't have major problems...but i can always see black heads....from 2 feet away you can't tell..but it's mostly a vanity thing.

I mean i'd keep using it because i'm sure it's not going to work as fast or slow for everyone....but for me...i use just Finacea on my nose, and it solely keeps my nose 95% clear...it's just those little black heads...

Acne is one of those things...were it's like...you can't completely take it ALL away...but you can maintain it, and keep most of it under bay. You'll NEVER contain it all until you grow out of it...

#43 dingdingding

dingdingding

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE(Adam122234 @ Jun 3 2007, 06:39 AM) View Post
My nose is practically impossible to maintain also....i mean i don't have major problems...but i can always see black heads....from 2 feet away you can't tell..but it's mostly a vanity thing.

I mean i'd keep using it because i'm sure it's not going to work as fast or slow for everyone....but for me...i use just Finacea on my nose, and it solely keeps my nose 95% clear...it's just those little black heads...

Acne is one of those things...were it's like...you can't completely take it ALL away...but you can maintain it, and keep most of it under bay. You'll NEVER contain it all until you grow out of it...

ohh ic, adam when you said Finacea has kept your nose totally clear, i initially thought you meant clear of both acne and blackheads, that's why i was baffled to still see blackheads on my nose after 3 weeks. i see we both have blackhead problems on the nose. i'm thinkin about using Tretinoin for just my nose in addition to Finacea.

#44 oceanmist

oceanmist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:57 PM

i just ordered some finacea online from an australian pharmacy. since its OTC there, i can get it without a prescription (they have none in canada). i hope to get it by next week! this stuff seems too good to be true...

oh i agree about retin. they are evil.

#45 Adam122234

Adam122234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE(dingdingding @ Jun 3 2007, 09:41 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Adam122234 @ Jun 3 2007, 06:39 AM) View Post

ohh ic, adam when you said Finacea has kept your nose totally clear, i initially thought you meant clear of both acne and blackheads, that's why i was baffled to still see blackheads on my nose after 3 weeks. i see we both have blackhead problems on the nose. i'm thinkin about using Tretinoin for just my nose in addition to Finacea.

I mean it does....my nose can fluctuate.....most of the time it is clear...but i still expect blackheads and typically find a couple...but again...it's not a problem..because the whiteheads and mostly clogged pores are gone.

#46 Kaila2

Kaila2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:38 AM

Does Finacea help with redness from Tazorac??? All these red spots that Use to be acne are killing me!

#47 sweet.hun

sweet.hun

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:36 PM

If you apply in the morning do you have to wait a while before putting on moisturizer and makeup?

#48 Adam122234

Adam122234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:59 AM

Finacea gets rid of redness of all kinds....typically it doesn't matter what reason the redness is their...unless you were born with a red spot...Finacea will fade it.

Wait 5 mins before applying makeup / moisturizer....

Personally i take a shower, wash my face, apply Finacea, do my hair, then apply a light moisturizer.

Pat my face down 10 min later so it doesn't look oily.....and then i leave.

#49 alana20

alana20

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:46 AM

does any1 knw if u can get finacea in the uk?

#50 R07

R07

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:36 AM

How long do you have to use this to see any sort of improvment on red acne marks? and how long do you need to be using it to see the full effects?

#51 sweet.hun

sweet.hun

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:53 AM

Prescription was sent in yesterday and it should be ready by Thursday (they had to order it cause they didnt stock it) so...YAY!

Edited to add question: Should I let my skin go without Retin-A until Thursday when I can start using Finacea?

#52 CrowderSteven

CrowderSteven

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:03 AM

Alright a couple of questions.

I am thinking of ordering Finacea from an Australian Pharmacy online.

I have been using a concoction of BP with Jojoba oil morning and night. And at night as opposed to applying the BP and Jojoba on my forehead, I've been using differin. My forehead still continues to break out. Mostly blackheads and small bumps. So I think it's comodonal acne.

The acne is limited everywhere else, thought I still have blackheads all over my nose and usually have a couple of pimples here and there.

Do you think Finacea would help me? Would it be more effective than the differin?

Also, if anyone knows how long the order will take to ship to the U.S.A from Aust. Let me know biggrin.gif

I need a quick reply as I'm RUNNING OUT OF DIFFERIN!

#53 oceanmist

oceanmist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(CrowderSteven @ Jun 6 2007, 11:03 AM) View Post
Alright a couple of questions.

I am thinking of ordering Finacea from an Australian Pharmacy online.

I have been using a concoction of BP with Jojoba oil morning and night. And at night as opposed to applying the BP and Jojoba on my forehead, I've been using differin. My forehead still continues to break out. Mostly blackheads and small bumps. So I think it's comodonal acne.

The acne is limited everywhere else, thought I still have blackheads all over my nose and usually have a couple of pimples here and there.

Do you think Finacea would help me? Would it be more effective than the differin?

Also, if anyone knows how long the order will take to ship to the U.S.A from Aust. Let me know biggrin.gif

I need a quick reply as I'm RUNNING OUT OF DIFFERIN!

ive never used differin before so i cant say... but someone on this board who uses finacea (shazzie. she has a thread in this section too) told me she ordered hers from an australian pharmacy (she lives in the UK). although on the website it said international orders take 3-4 weeks, she got hers in a week. im waiting on my order now... i live in canada. its only been 4 days since ive ordered tho.im hoping i'll get it within 1-2 weeks.

#54 dingdingding

dingdingding

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(R07 @ Jun 6 2007, 08:36 AM) View Post
How long do you have to use this to see any sort of improvment on red acne marks? and how long do you need to be using it to see the full effects?

i saw improvement on red acne marks shortly after a week and half of using Finacea. I loved it.

#55 sweet.hun

sweet.hun

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:50 AM

I got my Finacea today!!! *jumps around*

I'm going to start today and I'll repost in a week how I'm doing!

#56 serendipity_

serendipity_

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:29 AM

I think finacea is great too but it could take a while to really see great improvement.Almost 4 months ago i started with moderate acne that looked really terrible but now im about 95% clear.I think the key is to stick with it and give it a fair chance. I didnt see very good results until around 2 or 3 months into using it

#57 dingdingding

dingdingding

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:33 AM

So has any long time Finacea user noticed hypopigmentation with their skin? I have a dark skin tone and the insert says I should look out for that.

#58 behind blue eyes xo

behind blue eyes xo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:34 AM

i was put on finacea by a derm who works with my regular derm, since i couldn't get in to see her for a couple months i saw the other one. I used it for two days, and was suprised to find a face full of new whiteheads and two deep cyst-like zits. i checked the side effects paper that came in the box, and sure enough, acne is under that category. mind you, it's a very rare side effect, but it's still there. So i stopped using the gel. I know i should give it a couple more weeks to work fully, but i just CANNOT deal with an initial breakout. sad.gif

#59 sweet.hun

sweet.hun

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:20 AM

Are you sure it was the Finacea and not just a normal breakout that would have happened anyways? You did only used it for 2 days.

#60 behind blue eyes xo

behind blue eyes xo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:09 PM

i'm pretty sure it was the finacea, my face was almost clear with only one active zit when i started, and there was no reason for a breakout to be coming.

don't get me wrong, finacea seems like a wonderful thing. it's just not for me. like i said before, acne was on the list of rare side effects, and for some reason, i am the person who always gets the rare side effects of drugs. sad.gif