Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

...education on Finacea

359 posts in this topic

is it ok to use Finacea twice a day?

or do you just use it once?

My New Plan :(

Am : Cetaphil wash , benzaclin, doxy 100mg

Pm: Cetaphil wash, tazorac 0.1%

Started: 8/9/06

is it ok to use Finacea twice a day?

or do you just use it once?

I use it twice a day...but not twice on my entire face....in the morning i do the entire face...at night i use Duac on my chin, and forehead...then use Finacea on my cheeks and nose.

But yes you can use it twice...i just recommend something else....

I have been on Finacea for a week and its already working! I am pleased. Just been at the gym and my friend commented on how my skin looks better! :-)

Still got dry patches and some red amrks but no new breakouts at all! Very impressed.

I have pretty much abandoned the Retin A completely.

I have been on Finacea for a week and its already working! I am pleased. Just been at the gym and my friend commented on how my skin looks better! :-)

Still got dry patches and some red amrks but no new breakouts at all! Very impressed.

I have pretty much abandoned the Retin A completely.

Good to hear!!!

I'm at 2 weeks, I use it 2x a day now. My skin tone looks a ton better, but I'm fighting a few small break outs.. probably hormonal

Powering through the purge

some info on azelaic acid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azelaic_acid

#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.

#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.

#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.

#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.

#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.

#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.

#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

Hi thanks for your great topic adam. I have a question about Finacea before I speak to my doctor about it. While on accutane I had severe facial flushing during exercise and in any slightly embaressing situation. I came off it and over time the flushing has died down. For instance while on accutane if I did pushups to exertion, my face would go a very deep red for a minute or so and then calm down SLIGHTLY but I would stay red for an hour or 2. Now however I go red but only for 10 seconds and after that its back to normal. Same goes for embaressing situations...I still go red in certain situations but not as many as when I was on accutane. Would Finacea help for those sort of flushing rather than just permanent redness?

Finacea does NOT help with temp flushing....it basically just gets rid of redness and acne...while unclogging pores and rapidly shedding skin.

But if the redness stays a little bit in your cheeks....then i'd look into getting it....otherwise Finacea will not prevent flushing situations.

i started using finacea again but i think i am going to stop. finacea makes my skin look really pale and bad. it works well for acne and redness, but for some reason it just makes me super pale. that is why i stopped using it the last time too. i think for me retin a is a better option.

yea it makes me skin pale too like really white. But retin a does the same too. I think exfoliants will make you fairer. My face is like whiter than my neck.

Anyway update. My skin is looking better from the first few times I started using. Maybe it really made me purge and the purging has stopped. I noticed my red marks are fading too for the past few days. BUT today I noticed my red marks are darker. weird. I hope it's not losing its effect because my red marks really faded.

Anyway for those who have been using finacea for a long time, has finacea really faded your red marks for good? I've used peels to fade my red marks but they dont make them gone for good.

Morning

MD Forte Facial Cleanser II

PC 2% BHA Liquid

Moisturise

Suncreen

Makeup Base

Makeup

Makeup removal

The healing garden cleansing milk

Cleanse again

Night

MD Forte Facial Cleanser II

PC 2% BHA Liquid on T zone

Retin A Cream on T zone

Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA Souffle on cheeks

Every other morning exfoliate with ponds microdermabrasion srub

Every 2 or 3 days, use Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel

yea it makes me skin pale too like really white. But retin a does the same too. I think exfoliants will make you fairer. My face is like whiter than my neck.

retin a doesn't do the same thing for me.

Would Cutacelan still be okay. It has 20% Azelaic Acid. (and where can i find finacea's ingredients to compare?)

Finacea

I have cut down on my neo-benz to active zits only and have upped the finacea to twice a day. The only problem I have (not sure what it is related to) is a SUPER oily face. I think the Neo-Benz may have been keeping the oil production down. I have oily skin but over the weekend was insane. I think I am going to start taking some B5.

Obagi Nu Derm as of 9/27/07.

Old regimen cleared up the acne well. Now for the scarring and red marks

Regimen as of 5/1/07:

Morning:

Keflex 250 mg orally

Clenia Wash

Clindamycin topically

Afternoon:

Clenia wash

apply NeoBenz

Keflex 250 mg

Bedtime:

Apply Finacea

What is the true definition of the word trust?

One cannibal giving another cannibal a blow job

ok so this is my 3rd week on Finacea, and I still get blackheads on my nose. It really faded a lot of my brown marks. But it doesnt seem to stop the blackhead formation on my nose. Should I just accept that or have I not waited long enough for it to take effect?

My nose is practically impossible to maintain also....i mean i don't have major problems...but i can always see black heads....from 2 feet away you can't tell..but it's mostly a vanity thing.

I mean i'd keep using it because i'm sure it's not going to work as fast or slow for everyone....but for me...i use just Finacea on my nose, and it solely keeps my nose 95% clear...it's just those little black heads...

Acne is one of those things...were it's like...you can't completely take it ALL away...but you can maintain it, and keep most of it under bay. You'll NEVER contain it all until you grow out of it...

My nose is practically impossible to maintain also....i mean i don't have major problems...but i can always see black heads....from 2 feet away you can't tell..but it's mostly a vanity thing.

I mean i'd keep using it because i'm sure it's not going to work as fast or slow for everyone....but for me...i use just Finacea on my nose, and it solely keeps my nose 95% clear...it's just those little black heads...

Acne is one of those things...were it's like...you can't completely take it ALL away...but you can maintain it, and keep most of it under bay. You'll NEVER contain it all until you grow out of it...

ohh ic, adam when you said Finacea has kept your nose totally clear, i initially thought you meant clear of both acne and blackheads, that's why i was baffled to still see blackheads on my nose after 3 weeks. i see we both have blackhead problems on the nose. i'm thinkin about using Tretinoin for just my nose in addition to Finacea.

i just ordered some finacea online from an australian pharmacy. since its OTC there, i can get it without a prescription (they have none in canada). i hope to get it by next week! this stuff seems too good to be true...

oh i agree about retin. they are evil.

ohh ic, adam when you said Finacea has kept your nose totally clear, i initially thought you meant clear of both acne and blackheads, that's why i was baffled to still see blackheads on my nose after 3 weeks. i see we both have blackhead problems on the nose. i'm thinkin about using Tretinoin for just my nose in addition to Finacea.

I mean it does....my nose can fluctuate.....most of the time it is clear...but i still expect blackheads and typically find a couple...but again...it's not a problem..because the whiteheads and mostly clogged pores are gone.

Does Finacea help with redness from Tazorac??? All these red spots that Use to be acne are killing me!

Morning:

Wash Face with Glytone

Apply Benzaclin

PURPOSE Redness Reducing Moisturizer with SPF 30

Burts Bee's Chapstick

Yaz BC

Night:

Wash Face with Glytone

PURPOSE Redness Reducing Moisturizer with SPF 30

Tazorac .5

Burts Bee's Chapstick

Other:

2 times a week Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask for 20 min

Current Skin: Clear a soft except for one spot on my forehead

If you apply in the morning do you have to wait a while before putting on moisturizer and makeup?

Finacea gets rid of redness of all kinds....typically it doesn't matter what reason the redness is their...unless you were born with a red spot...Finacea will fade it.

Wait 5 mins before applying makeup / moisturizer....

Personally i take a shower, wash my face, apply Finacea, do my hair, then apply a light moisturizer.

Pat my face down 10 min later so it doesn't look oily.....and then i leave.

How long do you have to use this to see any sort of improvment on red acne marks? and how long do you need to be using it to see the full effects?