vitamin a biotin

3413 replies to this topic

#3401 samantha303

samantha303

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

Does your hair look any different though? I've been shedding now for 10 and a half months and my hair is still thick and does't look any different. I'm still debating whether its worth treating with rogaine.  

I shed A LOT due to rogaine in the first two months. My hair is still thick to other people but I'm sure if I keep shedding at this rate with no significant regrowth, I'll go bald.  My hairline has thinned out but grew back a lot too so i don't know what to think of it. I have a bit of scalp showing now after rogaine shed.

#3402 sunsetblvd

sunsetblvd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

Does your hair look any different though? I've been shedding now for 10 and a half months and my hair is still thick and does't look any different. I'm still debating whether its worth treating with rogaine.  

I shed A LOT due to rogaine in the first two months. My hair is still thick to other people but I'm sure if I keep shedding at this rate with no significant regrowth, I'll go bald.  My hairline has thinned out but grew back a lot too so i don't know what to think of it. I have a bit of scalp showing now after rogaine shed.

Wow do you actually? Maybe rogaine isn't worth the risk then. I think i might just start megadosing biotin, like 10mg daily 

#3403 samantha303

samantha303

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:46 AM

Wow do you actually? Maybe rogaine isn't worth the risk then. I think i might just start megadosing biotin, like 10mg daily 

Won't help. Im already doing that for 3 months.

#3404 sunsetblvd

sunsetblvd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

Well maybe give it another 3 and see if it does anything. 

#3405 samantha303

samantha303

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:57 AM

I think people who said Biotin worked are those whose TE recovered on its own.

How long have you been shedding sunsetblvd?

#3406 sunsetblvd

sunsetblvd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

I think people who said Biotin worked are those whose TE recovered on its own.

How long have you been shedding sunsetblvd?

10 and a half months. It really sucks. When you take biotin make sure you drink a lot of water as it can't absorb unless you do.

#3407 samantha303

samantha303

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:49 PM

It does suck. Instead of spending money on supplements, I'd rather just wait it out. I don't believe in colon cleansing or liver cleansing pills. I dont believe in cutting out healthy food just because i overdosed vitamin A.

Do you have other sides from Accutane?

#3408 sunsetblvd

sunsetblvd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

Yeah maybe that's a better way to look at. Aside from hair loss and I also have joint/muscle pain.

#3409 samantha303

samantha303

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

Approaching the 16th month of losing hair due to Accutane. Have been on Rogaine 5% for 6 months. I don't shed a lot now but hair seems to be thinner :(

#3410 sharma525

sharma525

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:31 PM

How's everyones hair loss going? i lost about hmmm 30 hairs in the shower last night. But yesterday i lost none on my pillow and only 7-10 on my pillow last night. Hair is noticeably thinner to ME. Do you guy's think i have more chance of perminent loss seens as i started loosing mine 5 weeks after tane? I'm still not sure if it's down to tane or not, i mean my hair is ever so slightly curlier and is dryer, but i still think i may be down to illness/stress!!

This is not a big thing that you lost 30 hairs after shower.. Don't worry because every person lost a 50-100 hairs in a day... It is approved by FDA medical agency of US government... 

Laser for Acne treatment is the best and permanent solution for it. *Mod edit - removed URL link - Please see Board Rules*

#3411 sunsetblvd

sunsetblvd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:12 PM

Its now been 1 year and 3 months since my post-tane hair shedding began and I'm happy to say my shedding has pretty much stopped at this point. I definitely still lose a few here and there but it's nowhere near the level it used to be. At my worst I was losing 50-100 hairs in the shower every morning! This morning I think I saw like 2 or 3 hairs stuck to the tub, so a pretty big improvement. Although my hair is still relatively thick, I do hope to grow back what I lost. Hope everyone else dealing with this bs sees some improvement as well :)

#3412 rightsmith

rightsmith

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:59 AM

I have been suffered from the hair thinning problems from the last few months. I have tried the Accutane and I really got my hair start growing in a regular pattern, But after some time it start loosing my hair and also the bad effects on my hair also. I have consult with the hair expert regarding this and He suggested to do hair transplant treatment for best results. 

#3413 rightsmith

rightsmith

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:55 AM

I have really depressed also last few days back, when I saw some hair falls in my bed when i wake up. I noticed that the hair loss is starting from the few days back. I have been propecia in a daily routine nearly 10-20 mg a day. But It is also some bad effect on the hair growth and I feels really depressed. I discuss this problems with the hair surgeon and He suggested me to take the Accutane, now I am using this and I really find some results.

Edited by rightsmith, 26 March 2015 - 02:07 AM.

#3414 grace2015

grace2015

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:34 AM

Hi everyone,

I am a 24 yr old female. I have been on accutane (40mg/day) since December and noticed hair loss within the first month. About 2 weeks after starting, I felt a burning/itching sensation where my hairline starts, but it went away and I hoped that would be the end of it. To date, my hairline has receded considerably and my hair is extremely thin. I shed hair constantly. My hair was already very thin to begin with, so it is pretty noticeable. I am so scared that my hair loss will only get worse, especially since people shed even more once they go off the medication. 

To those of you who said you lowered your dose, did you notice a difference in thinning/shedding? And to those of you who have been off accutane for a few months, have you noticed any regrowth or at least stopped shedding as much or completely? Also, did taking vitamins or supplements help? If so, which would you recommend? (I am currently taking Biotin but I don't know how much that really helps.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users