Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are some Safe Acids for Peels for Asian Skin?

13 posts in this topic

Like will not cause extra hyperpigmentation? The TCA Complex? I've used Glycolic Acid before in the past and I believe that actually caused more hyperpigmentation. What about salicyclic acid? Jessner's peels?

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Latic acid is good for asian skin, its very gentle and i beleive that it does not cause hyperpigmentation on asian skin.

I used lactic acid, 40% from MUAC, and no hyperpig. it feels good right after you use it too, skin is so soft.

Mandelic serum worked pretty well too.

Gonna try Papaya soap in a couple of days.

I used 40% lactic peels from MUAC last night, and man, does it sting!! Even glycolic (30%) doesn't sting as badly. I've got some red marks on both sides of my chin this morning, and a bit of small brown patch ](*,) . Not too sure if this is pigmentation or just a scab forming. I hope its just scabs, [-o< . Will update you guys on this.

I used 40% lactic peels from MUAC last night, and man, does it sting!! Even glycolic (30%) doesn't sting as badly. I've got some red marks on both sides of my chin this morning, and a bit of small brown patch  ](*,) . Not too sure if this is pigmentation or just a scab forming. I hope its just scabs,  [-o< . Will update you guys on this.

I can feel it's getting nearer

Images they'll turn out clearer

Creeps in and out of your mind

I'm destiny personified

I know there's something more behind

but is it really justified?

to sacrifce to crucify

the rescue of the human kind!

that's crazy from 40% lactic, all i get is some mild stinging and some redness which persists for a lil while wow

Acid on your face is not a great idea.. Just my advice and experience. [-X [-X [-X

If you are concerned about hyperpigmentation then you might consider an enzyme peel rather than an acid peel. They are supposed to be more gentle.

It's possible that lactic acid would be ok for you, but rather than risk it I'd probably try it in a hidden area of your face before doing your entire face.

Please proceed with caution.

~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.

- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

Jessner's peels are very strong. They are available on eBay but I would stay clear of them.

Romans 8:32

curryboy: Some people with darker skins can have hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation problems when they are exposed to certain products such as Glycolic Acid. Some people don't have any problems - I guess you are one of the lucky ones.

~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.

- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

Lactic acid is alright for me. It did sting for awhile, but now its ok. I've got some scabs, its pretty irritating, but at least I can look forward to better skin after everything has peeled off.

Wendy - it's possible that the lactic stung because of other topicals that you're using... I know when I use retin-a, the lactic acid does sting.

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.