Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oil Pulling

64 posts in this topic

I didn't know about this until recently when I was browsing through the coconut oil ( :wub: ) forum of curezone.com.

Basically, you swish oil (cold pressed or refined is recommended) in your mouth, activating the enzymes in the saliva which draw out the toxins from the blood. Continue swishing for a while and spit out the oil; don't swallow because by then it will be overflowing with toxins. :sick:

I'm too lazy to go into more detail, so you'll just have to research it more yourself. But OP really does sound amazing, so I strongly urge you to check it out.

Read more about it here: http://www.oilpulling.com/

OP Forum: http://curezone.com/forums/s.asp?f=738&c=1

(From there, click on "R," "RN," or "BSA," all located under the title "Oil Pulling & Oil Swishing Support Forum" to read the most informative, helpful posts.)

More on OP and testimonials: http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/oil_pulling.html

Chemicals (molecules) come in two forms. Ionic and nonionic. Ionic chemicals are water soluble. When we detox our bodies, we drink lots of water to flush any unwanted toxins out of our body. WELL guess what? That's only half the picture. Nonionic molecules are soluble in body fat and cell membranes. *

By oil swishing, you are doing the same thing for your body as when you drink a sufficient amount of water daily. You are giving toxins a medium in which to dissolve, then by spitting the oil out, you are removing whatever toxins came in contact with and dissolved into the oil. Using OIL is beneficial because it dissolves a different chemical class of pollutant/toxin than water. This is why you see healing first in the mouth, then later in different parts of the body. The toxins must migrate to the mouth before they can be removed with this method.

This is also why switching to a different type of oil will create a new cycle of healing/detoxing. After you've oil-pulled long enough to "stabilize" your toxin level, you've removed as much toxin as you can with that particular oil. By using different oils with slightly different makeups, you will be able to dissolve slightly different toxins more effeciently. It is not a matter of your body getting "used" to anything -- it has to do with the chemical qualities of the oil itself.

anyone tried this?

Jewel and Jodiat - Met in the Nutrition and Holistic Health Forum April 2007, Topic: Spring Bowel Detox Hard but Effective (Actual proof that you don't need candles and roses for romance to blossom)

Engaged, living and planning babies together since Oct 2007

Thank you Dan and the org for finding my true love!

Hope the french fleas eat you both alive, and the room smells, and the toilet doesn't flush Shakira Shakira!

wowww sounds interesting!!!!!!

but gosh, swishing oil in my mouth would be YUCK, and then i spit it out and try to wash my mouth out with water, it wouldn't work LMAO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CURRENTLY USING NO TOPICALS AT ALL! I will give life back to my skin...

daanzell's reGimen

Supplements

Vitamin A (5000iu) 1 in evening with dinner

Zinc (22mg) 1 in morning

Fish Oil (300mg = EPA + DHA) 2 per day (for now)

Evening Primrose Oil 2 per day

Herbal Tonic (made by my naturopath)

Saw Palmetto, Dandelion, Burdock Root, Yellow Dock, Nettle, Oats, Blue Flag, Chaste Tree, Licorice extract.

Wash face with water only.

Diet

No Dairy, No Sweets/Refined/Processed Foods, No Junk.

Only clean, whole foods. Based around wholegrains, fruit/veg, nuts/seeds, lean meats.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyone tried this?

but gosh, swishing oil in my mouth would be YUCK, and then i spit it out and try to wash my mouth out with water, it wouldn't work LMAO.

I was reading Sesame and Sunflower oils are the best to use but Sesame oil has a strong smell....would you taste that all day long?

Also, says for acne to do it more than once a day but on an empty stomach. How long after a meal does it take for your stomach to be empty?

Obagi Nu Derm as of 9/27/07.

Old regimen cleared up the acne well. Now for the scarring and red marks

Regimen as of 5/1/07:

Morning:

Keflex 250 mg orally

Clenia Wash

Clindamycin topically

Afternoon:

Clenia wash

apply NeoBenz

Keflex 250 mg

Bedtime:

Apply Finacea

What is the true definition of the word trust?

One cannibal giving another cannibal a blow job

this is really interesting... detoxicating your body by swirling oil in your mouth

sounds kinda yucky... has anyone seen results that helped acne by doing this method?

if it did, i would really consider trying

I was reading Sesame and Sunflower oils are the best to use but Sesame oil has a strong smell....would you taste that all day long?

Also, says for acne to do it more than once a day but on an empty stomach. How long after a meal does it take for your stomach to be empty?

Very interesing. I asked a friend who is good in chemistry if he thought this would work, and he said this technique (the oil) is used in removing certain types of organic things (toxins in this case) and it works very well.

Do you just hold the oil in your mouth for 10-20 minutes?

What are we being fed??

This year, the FDA decided that "cancerous growths and pus-filled lesions" would not be removed from animal carcases because they pose no immedate health risk to humans.

In a recent study, the FDA stated that up to 15% of factory-farmed animals have bodies riddled with cancerous tumors. Up to 30% of animals had internal and external cysts and running infections that were larger than 20cm because of lack of vetrinary care. Factory farms hold 20,000-60,000 cows, pigs or chickens in one warehouse at any one time. 10% of Factory farmed animals are in such poor health that they cannot walk to the slaughter house and must be dragged with chains and ropes.

Is it really health to eat sick animals all the time?

If you would like to know more about your food in a 10 minute free movie, go to:

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

Very interesing. I asked a friend who is good in chemistry if he thought this would work, and he said this technique (the oil) is used in removing certain types of organic things (toxins in this case) and it works very well.

Do you just hold the oil in your mouth for 10-20 minutes?

Yes, you swish the oil around in your mouth for about 10-15 minutes. Don't let the oil just "sit." Believe it or not, there are actually people who oil pull for as long as an hour, but there are people who believe this may not be such a good idea as the insides of the mouth are very absorbant, and so the toxins may be reabsorbed into the body if they remain in the mouth for too long; these people suggest oil pulling for merely 3-4 minutes. Simply rinsing with the oil is definitely not going to do any good.

There are always going to be nay-sayers. And I'm sure it is like everything else, it is not going to work for everyone. Even if it is only a placebo-effect, who cares?

I did this last night and this morning. It is not hard to do so I figured what the hell. My tongue is white and yellow today (even after brushing) so it is doing something, what I don't know. It is way too soon to tell.

Effect of Oil Pulling on Plaque

Regimen as of 5/1/07:

Morning:

Keflex 250 mg orally

Clenia Wash

Clindamycin topically

Afternoon:

Clenia wash

apply NeoBenz

Keflex 250 mg

Bedtime:

Apply Finacea

Also, this Lisa Barger seems to debunk alot of things, including ear candling Ear Candles I have personally used ear candles and find them to be amazing. I even think it is really just the warmth but whatever ... I went from someone who had ear pain and congestion nearly everyday to rarely ever now. I try to judge ideas from my own experiences or from experiences of those in similar situations as mine.

Regimen as of 5/1/07:

Morning:

Keflex 250 mg orally

Clenia Wash

Clindamycin topically

Afternoon:

Clenia wash

apply NeoBenz

Keflex 250 mg

Bedtime:

Apply Finacea

That's fine with me, I'm just trying to provide information, you can take it as you please :)

I'm beginning to think it's all in my head.

A guy on another board completely unrelated to acne has had tremendous success in treating asthma doing oil pulling. He used to have to use lots of inhalers to keep it under control and says that now he has only had 1 attack in a month.

Again...he's not treating acne, but I thought it was great that he's had such good success with it to treat his asthma.

Evidently, there's something to it.

anyone tried it yet? seem awfully easy to do..so you basice rince your month with oil? is olive oil or coconut oil ok? ill try it..cant hurt

I have done it 3 days in a row. I used sesame oil the first day and olive oil the next two. Sesame and Sunflower are the ones I see mentioned the most but it seems alot of people use different kinds.

Only thing I noticed yesterday was my tongue was white & yellow :sick:

I've read it takes up to two weeks to see/feel any results :shrug:

Regimen as of 5/1/07:

Morning:

Keflex 250 mg orally

Clenia Wash

Clindamycin topically

Afternoon:

Clenia wash

apply NeoBenz

Keflex 250 mg

Bedtime:

Apply Finacea

looks easy, i might as well try it. :)

Mary Jane invades my brain now I can't complain

I'm sayin what else is there to do besides relax

Let the problems in your mind become ancient artifacts

Perhaps these raps can help you alleviate

The things that's got you trippin you watch me demonstrate

First you ignore the nonsense and clear your conscience

Let your pen touch the paper write verbs and consonants

As the words become a sentence you start to feelin different

The stress is out your mind you feel like the weight was lifted Terrific

I'm glad we had this time to discuss

I'm outro call me if you want to blaze one up

I have a tooth ache and am planning to just give this a shot tomorrow. The hex effect was preventing me from trying it but to hell with that, tomorrow is ME + Coconut oil all the way. I'll report back if I notice well, anything..

<3 summertime<3

Yeah, any oil is fine, but they suggest refined oils for some reason. I don't understand why they have to be refined. Does anyone know?

So hows it working for you guys?

Where I Was

Acne >>>>>>Cystic,nodule,papule

Red Marks>>>Deep red marks,specks and blotches

Scars>>>>>>Rolling,"thumb" indents,Scarred pores

Where I am Now

Acne >>>>>>Minimal

Red Marks>>>95% Clear

Scars>>>>>>Less visible but stil prevalent

My Cure

Acne >>>>>>Diet/Exercise,Supplements

Red Marks>>>Peels, exfoliation, time

Scars>>>>>>Still Searching

OMG you guys this stuff is earily amazing.. I've donw two sessions for two mornings with sesame oil and I already feel a difference. My body moves with A LOT of ease ie no body pain. I can lay my fingers on my toes! PLus my tongue is geting pinker (good sign). And lastly my sinuses are losening up ( i have MAJOR sinusproblems that lead me to breath through my mout) now my nose is runny and i'm letting it out. But I have yet to see any skin improvement. I will get on doing it until regardless.

Calla Lily thank you sooooooooooooo much for opening me up to Oil Pulling!!

Virtual hug for you :wavey:

Where I Was

Acne >>>>>>Cystic,nodule,papule

Red Marks>>>Deep red marks,specks and blotches

Scars>>>>>>Rolling,"thumb" indents,Scarred pores

Where I am Now

Acne >>>>>>Minimal

Red Marks>>>95% Clear

Scars>>>>>>Less visible but stil prevalent

My Cure

Acne >>>>>>Diet/Exercise,Supplements

Red Marks>>>Peels, exfoliation, time

Scars>>>>>>Still Searching

hmmmm yeah this stuff does sound interesting.

ill try to get my hands on some sunflower oil.

CURRENTLY USING NO TOPICALS AT ALL! I will give life back to my skin...

daanzell's reGimen

Supplements

Vitamin A (5000iu) 1 in evening with dinner

Zinc (22mg) 1 in morning

Fish Oil (300mg = EPA + DHA) 2 per day (for now)

Evening Primrose Oil 2 per day

Herbal Tonic (made by my naturopath)

Saw Palmetto, Dandelion, Burdock Root, Yellow Dock, Nettle, Oats, Blue Flag, Chaste Tree, Licorice extract.

Wash face with water only.

Diet

No Dairy, No Sweets/Refined/Processed Foods, No Junk.

Only clean, whole foods. Based around wholegrains, fruit/veg, nuts/seeds, lean meats.