Photo

Oil Pulling

makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#1 calla lily

calla lily

Stressed is just desserts spelled backward.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:39 AM

I didn't know about this until recently when I was browsing through the coconut oil ( wub.gif ) forum of curezone.com.

Basically, you swish oil (cold pressed or refined is recommended) in your mouth, activating the enzymes in the saliva which draw out the toxins from the blood. Continue swishing for a while and spit out the oil; don't swallow because by then it will be overflowing with toxins. eusa_sick.gif

I'm too lazy to go into more detail, so you'll just have to research it more yourself. But OP really does sound amazing, so I strongly urge you to check it out.

Read more about it here: http://www.oilpulling.com/

OP Forum: http://curezone.com/...s.asp?f=738&c=1
(From there, click on "R," "RN," or "BSA," all located under the title "Oil Pulling & Oil Swishing Support Forum" to read the most informative, helpful posts.)

More on OP and testimonials: http://www.earthclin...il_pulling.html

Chemicals (molecules) come in two forms. Ionic and nonionic. Ionic chemicals are water soluble. When we detox our bodies, we drink lots of water to flush any unwanted toxins out of our body. WELL guess what? That's only half the picture. Nonionic molecules are soluble in body fat and cell membranes. *

By oil swishing, you are doing the same thing for your body as when you drink a sufficient amount of water daily. You are giving toxins a medium in which to dissolve, then by spitting the oil out, you are removing whatever toxins came in contact with and dissolved into the oil. Using OIL is beneficial because it dissolves a different chemical class of pollutant/toxin than water. This is why you see healing first in the mouth, then later in different parts of the body. The toxins must migrate to the mouth before they can be removed with this method.

This is also why switching to a different type of oil will create a new cycle of healing/detoxing. After you've oil-pulled long enough to "stabilize" your toxin level, you've removed as much toxin as you can with that particular oil. By using different oils with slightly different makeups, you will be able to dissolve slightly different toxins more effeciently. It is not a matter of your body getting "used" to anything -- it has to do with the chemical qualities of the oil itself.

^ http://curezone.com/....asp?i=809633#i

OP and Acne:

Okay, so I have been OPing for about 7 weeks. I switched back to sesame oil about 2 weeks ago. I was using coconut. After 9 days using sesame I must have had a healing crisis b/c I got a pimple on my left cheek. When ever I normally get pimples here they are always big nasty ones...not cysts...but just big red pimples that normally don't come to a head. They are so awful. When I saw that I was getting one I was upset because they normally last a long time...atleast a week before they start to go away and then another week or so to actually go away. After that I am always left with a nasty red scar. These types of pimples have plagued me for the last 2 years and only stopped when I went on my 2 month Acne No More detox. So I haven't had one in maybe 2-3 months. Well this one started saturday morning...by sunday it was already coming to a head...by monday I was able to pop it (of course very carefully with a sterile needle)...by tuesday it was almost completely gone. It is now thursday and the only thing left is a faint darkening of the skin. It isn't even really red like it normally would be.

And I also was getting another pimple between my mouth and my chin on the left side of my face. I felt it coming for a day atleast and it hurt. I knew something was going on. The pain started monday night and lasted all day tuesday. By tuesday night I could feel a pimple coming up. It was still under the skin and my skin was a little red in that spot but there was no bump yet. I could only feel it if I touch or rubbed the area. I expected it to be huge by Wednesday morning but there was nothing there but a small red spot, not even a bump. It was still hurting but not so bad. It is now thursday and it is gone...yes, gone. It never even surfaced. Amazing.

It must be the oil pulling. I love pulling with the coconut oil but I get more of a healing crisis when I pull with sesame. For this reason I will stick with sesame for a while because it seems to be good for me in this area. I still eat the coconut daily and cook with it. I am also using the sesame as a lotion and a hair conditioner. Love it!

^ http://curezone.com/....asp?i=791628#i

I had some weird acne emerge a couple of weeks after I started OP in the fall. My skin was not great to begin with, but I would not call this reaction a "flare-up" as it was different from what I normally get. But, within a week or so, it was gone and my skin was clearer than ever. What I have learned from the regulars here is that we will experience a toxin surge with OP and the skin is a great place for the crap to start coming out! (In fact, if you have chronic acne, that is what is going on already.)

A friend who is very versed in cleansing/flushing etc. says that it was the Liver Flushes that completely cleared up his breakouts. I wonder if you have been OP'ing and sending toxins out through the skin and getting acne as a result if it is not time to take it to the next level and flush the crap out. He says that acne is proof of liver congestion.

^ http://curezone.com/....asp?i=814809#i

My skin has cleared up a lot since I started the OP regimen a bit more than a week ago. It is actually pretty amazing to me! I had had some bad breakouts for the past year or so and they have just cleared right up.

I did have one of those monster zits others have reported (you may see an improvement, then a little "regression" -- which all have said is really a sign of healing). It went away very quickly and things have continued to improve.

^ http://curezone.com/....asp?i=754380#i

This is the fifth morning that I've OPed with olive oil.

My routine:
I OP for 20 minutes and then spit it into the toilet. Then I gargle twice with Sea Salt in water; then brush my teeth with Tom's of Maine. Finally, I wash my toothbrush with antibacterial soap and rinse it well.

Things I've noticed:
Day 3 I broke out on the lower half of my face. I'm in my late 30s and still get pimples, but this had me quite worried since I had to go out into the world and have people see me looking like a pimply teen ager.

Day 4 a lot of mucous came out after OPing...it was sinus mucous. Also, I have natural ridges in my teeth that have staining in the ridges. Today I noticed that the staining (tobacco colored even though I do not smoke) is gone.

Today (Day 5) the pimples seem to be clearing up. I had more sinus mucous that came out and that I spit into the toilet.

These are only things that I know are happening, because they're extremely apparent. I'm wondering what other changes my body is going through. Regardless, I've decided to give OPing 1-2 weeks before I decide to go on or to stop.

^ http://curezone.com/....asp?i=747359#i

OP and Eczema:
I've had chronic eczema on my scalp for years, and I can see that it's FINALLY starting to get better! I was real glad to notice this yesterday! I've swished for 5 weeks now. Am using coconut oil mostly.

^http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=844137#i

After browsing through many posts, I learned that many people would breakout once they started OPing, but they eventually cleared up in the long run because breakouts were signs of the detoxification process.

It sounds strange, yet very intriguing. eusa_think.gif I don't think it would cure acne, but it may help and would be great for overall health anyway.

So, what do you all think?

#2 jewel_001

jewel_001

Please support women against violence and wear your white ribbon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:26 AM

anyone tried this?

#3 daanzell

daanzell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:34 AM

wowww sounds interesting!!!!!!

but gosh, swishing oil in my mouth would be YUCK, and then i spit it out and try to wash my mouth out with water, it wouldn't work LMAO.

#4 calla lily

calla lily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(jewel_001 @ Apr 14 2007, 06:26 AM) View Post
anyone tried this?

Read the OP forum, people do it all the time. They get detox symptoms like acne, diarrhea, and some other things, but in the end those symptoms go away and they reap the benefits.

#5 calla lily

calla lily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE(daanzell @ Apr 14 2007, 07:34 AM) View Post
but gosh, swishing oil in my mouth would be YUCK, and then i spit it out and try to wash my mouth out with water, it wouldn't work LMAO.

It can't be any worse than gargling listerine... lol.gif

#6 Lainey321

Lainey321

Fingers crossed X new regimen 5/1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:49 PM

I was reading Sesame and Sunflower oils are the best to use but Sesame oil has a strong smell....would you taste that all day long?

Also, says for acne to do it more than once a day but on an empty stomach. How long after a meal does it take for your stomach to be empty?

#7 -lxl-

-lxl-

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:47 PM

this is really interesting... detoxicating your body by swirling oil in your mouth
sounds kinda yucky... has anyone seen results that helped acne by doing this method?
if it did, i would really consider trying

#8 calla lily

calla lily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(Lainey321 @ Apr 24 2007, 11:49 AM) View Post
I was reading Sesame and Sunflower oils are the best to use but Sesame oil has a strong smell....would you taste that all day long?

Also, says for acne to do it more than once a day but on an empty stomach. How long after a meal does it take for your stomach to be empty?

Probably, but I think it would go away after a while. You could always brush your teeth if it bothers you.

It takes 2-4 hours for food to leave the stomach.

#9 Apple_Blossem

Apple_Blossem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:06 PM

Very interesing. I asked a friend who is good in chemistry if he thought this would work, and he said this technique (the oil) is used in removing certain types of organic things (toxins in this case) and it works very well.

Do you just hold the oil in your mouth for 10-20 minutes?

#10 -lxl-

-lxl-

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(Apple_Blossem @ Apr 24 2007, 10:06 PM) View Post
Very interesing. I asked a friend who is good in chemistry if he thought this would work, and he said this technique (the oil) is used in removing certain types of organic things (toxins in this case) and it works very well.

Do you just hold the oil in your mouth for 10-20 minutes?

i think it said to rinse around your mouth...
just letting the oil sit in your mouth for 20 minutes is not gonna help

#11 calla lily

calla lily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:49 PM

Yes, you swish the oil around in your mouth for about 10-15 minutes. Don't let the oil just "sit." Believe it or not, there are actually people who oil pull for as long as an hour, but there are people who believe this may not be such a good idea as the insides of the mouth are very absorbant, and so the toxins may be reabsorbed into the body if they remain in the mouth for too long; these people suggest oil pulling for merely 3-4 minutes. Simply rinsing with the oil is definitely not going to do any good.

#12 the who?

the who?

(not the band)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:52 PM

I'm not trying to be a killjoy here, but I thought you guys should read this:

http://www.lisabarge...g_debunked.html

#13 Lainey321

Lainey321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:56 AM

There are always going to be nay-sayers. And I'm sure it is like everything else, it is not going to work for everyone. Even if it is only a placebo-effect, who cares?

I did this last night and this morning. It is not hard to do so I figured what the hell. My tongue is white and yellow today (even after brushing) so it is doing something, what I don't know. It is way too soon to tell.

Effect of Oil Pulling on Plaque

#14 Lainey321

Lainey321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:01 AM

Also, this Lisa Barger seems to debunk alot of things, including ear candling Ear Candles I have personally used ear candles and find them to be amazing. I even think it is really just the warmth but whatever ... I went from someone who had ear pain and congestion nearly everyday to rarely ever now. I try to judge ideas from my own experiences or from experiences of those in similar situations as mine.

#15 the who?

the who?

(not the band)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:21 AM

That's fine with me, I'm just trying to provide information, you can take it as you please smile.gif

#16 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:49 AM

A guy on another board completely unrelated to acne has had tremendous success in treating asthma doing oil pulling. He used to have to use lots of inhalers to keep it under control and says that now he has only had 1 attack in a month.

Again...he's not treating acne, but I thought it was great that he's had such good success with it to treat his asthma.

Evidently, there's something to it.

#17 kikoman

kikoman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

anyone tried it yet? seem awfully easy to do..so you basice rince your month with oil? is olive oil or coconut oil ok? ill try it..cant hurt

#18 Lainey321

Lainey321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:36 PM

I have done it 3 days in a row. I used sesame oil the first day and olive oil the next two. Sesame and Sunflower are the ones I see mentioned the most but it seems alot of people use different kinds.

Only thing I noticed yesterday was my tongue was white & yellow eusa_sick.gif

I've read it takes up to two weeks to see/feel any results shrug.gif

#19 Shake Off the Dust Arise

Shake Off the Dust Arise

MAHAMUDRA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:39 PM

looks easy, i might as well try it. smile.gif

#20 femme25

femme25

Sassifying the org addiction

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:58 PM

I have a tooth ache and am planning to just give this a shot tomorrow. The hex effect was preventing me from trying it but to hell with that, tomorrow is ME + Coconut oil all the way. I'll report back if I notice well, anything..