Photo

Recommended Products To Help With Red Marks

vitamin e dermabrasion microdermabrasion needling tca aha alpha hydroxy acid red mark hyperpigmentation

231 replies to this topic

#41 junkeroos

junkeroos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:50 PM

Has anyone use Dermatix? Check out the before and after link. Looks like a very good product for tissue scars not only for pimple scars:

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*

#42 genie78

genie78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:46 AM

WHich is really better? The regular Puredeming intense gel or the new one? I'm concerned because I bought the old intense gel. I hope I don't break out. Does it cause breakouts? What's the best peel available at puredeming? Is Glycolic better than lactic acid peel?

Thanks.

#43 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 19 September 2004 - 03:58 PM

Hi,

Personally, I got better results with the R-ALA version of the Intense Gel. However, I did not break out from the regular version, and still feel this is an excellent product. It is unlikely you will break out from it as you are only leaving it on your face for a maximum of one hour.

I haven't used the glycolic peels from Puredeming, but have been using the lactic for a couple of weeks. many acne sufferers tolerate lactic better than glycolic as it is more gentle on the skin. For a wider range of acid peels, you might want to check out homepeels.com, makeupartistschoice.com or loganwoodskincare.com

Hope this is useful.

#44 TheExtricateApparition

TheExtricateApparition

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:26 PM

What about acv?

#45 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:26 AM

ACV (apple cider vinegar) is good for tackling red marks too! biggrin.gif

#46 fifflove

fifflove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2004 - 02:17 PM

I see everyone is recommending pure demming intense gel but your not stating which one? I am loking to decrease breakouts and eliminate red marks. Which one do you recommend? I noticed some have alot of oil..wouldnt that make you breakout more?

#47 ftriggerf

ftriggerf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:05 AM

I think this may be my first post here, though I've lurked on and off for over 2 years. Since my skin is changing I am starting some new regimens I'll post about if they help. (trying a generic Strivectin). Something I have used for the last 3 or so years (wouldn't be without it now) that's really improved my skin tone and acne is glycolic acid, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put a link where I purchased it, so I won't. Good luck to everyone and thank you for all the info I've received here.

#48 sart123wrath

sart123wrath

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:25 AM

It seems, according to this site, that the most popular product is
the PUREDEMING intense gel. Does it really do anything to pitted scars?

Thanks for any feedback

#49 sart123wrath

sart123wrath

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:21 AM

HI, has anyone bought stuff from www.platinumskincare.com before?
Are they reliable? I was thinking of getting some peels or maybe even the CP serum from them. Just want to see if they are as good as SkinBio..

#50 ruperki9

ruperki9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:23 PM

Hi I was wondering if anyone has successfully used Elicina for icepick pores?From,RuPerki9 eusa_think.gif

#51 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:07 AM

I don't think elicina will do anything for ice-pick scars, I'm afraid. It may have some effect on red marks due to the presence of glycolic acid in the cream, but unfortunately there are no topicals that I know of that will help pitted scars at all.
For ice picks, you could look into the following treatments: needling, punch excision, TCA CROSS.

#52 ontheroad

ontheroad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:23 PM

Has anyone used puredeming with acv, and if so what was your method thanx eusa_angel.gif

#53 1000 Julys

1000 Julys

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:44 PM

Products that help me most with my marks and got rid of my shallow scars:

1. Pure Deming Intense Gel R-ALA
2. Aspirin mask
3. Pure Deming 30% Glycolic acid intense mini peels
4. St. Ives Apricot scrub
5. C&C Morning Burst Scrub

for the aspirin mask i take 6 aspirin, dissolve them in a little bit of water and then spread it over my face. i wait for it to dry and then wash it off. makes your skin really soft and smooth and really helps with marks.

#54 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for the info! Yet another happy customer from Pure Deming. A lot of people have also been finding the aspirin mask helpful - it's great to hear you've been getting good results from it.
smile.gif

#55 Boadicea

Boadicea

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 06:14 PM

This is my first post, but I just thought I'd share some recent discoveries. I have always suffered from moderate acne, but the worst part for me wasn't the actual acne, but the red marks left over.

In preparation for dermabrasion, my dermatologist prescribed Tri-Luma cream, a hydroquinone based formula, to prevent hyperpigmentation. Much to my surprise, the cream alone made my skin better than it's ever been. My red marks faded almost completely, and my skin felt smoother than ever. It did make me peel around my mouth, but other than that I was very pleased. Unfortunately, it is only available via prescription.

After having subcision and dermabrasion on my cheeks on November 11th, my brand new skin was naturally quite red. On the recommendation of my derm, I started using Skinceuticals Phyto+ to combat the redness. This is available over the counter, but usually only through a dermatologists office, although I have seen it on www.dermadoctor.com and www.drugstore.com. Anyway, it too is a lightening product, but uses kojic acid rather than hydroquinone, and doesn't have the side effects possible with hydroquinone. I've been using it about a week, and I'm finally seeing some progress with the post-procedure redness. It's breaking up quite a bit and is now just splotchy and pink.

#56 debonair

debonair

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2004 - 09:44 AM

I'm thinking of starting either the lactic acid peel or mandelic acid peel.

I have dark skin (indian origin) and would also like to use this with dalacin (clindamycin) topical solution. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#57 dpg7

dpg7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2005 - 05:29 PM

There seems to be alot of different products from puredeming.com. I My self, have lot's of red marks on the cheeks and still ocassionaly have a mild breakout.

What product should i purchase to completly eliminate my red marks/hyperpigmentation? also, is it a peeler?

How long does it take to see clear results?

Thanks!

#58 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2005 - 05:13 AM

I am currently using emu oil and rosehip oil and it seems to be working good.

Tom

#59 Debonaire

Debonaire

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, being a hippie.

Posted 20 January 2005 - 02:49 PM

Okay I've ordered from puredeming before, and I can recall having one hell of a time trying to find my shopping cart! I'm aware that this is probably a dumb request, but could someone send me the link to the shopping cart portion of puredeming's website? For the life of me I cannot remember where it is. Unless they're closed currently, but it's only 1:00 their time on Thursday, and I checked their hours and they should be open...

Thanks. tongue.gif

#60 vicky13

vicky13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2005 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(Boadicea @ Dec 17 2004, 07:14 PM)
This is my first post, but I just thought I'd share some recent discoveries.  I have always suffered from moderate acne, but the worst part for me wasn't the actual acne, but the red marks left over. 

In preparation for dermabrasion, my dermatologist prescribed Tri-Luma cream, a hydroquinone based formula, to prevent hyperpigmentation.  Much to my surprise, the cream alone made my skin better than it's ever been.  My red marks faded almost completely, and my skin felt smoother than ever.  It did make me peel around my mouth, but other than that I was very pleased.  Unfortunately, it is only available via prescription.

After having subcision and dermabrasion on my cheeks on November 11th, my brand new skin was naturally quite red.  On the recommendation of my derm, I started using Skinceuticals Phyto+ to combat the redness.  This is available over the counter, but usually only through a dermatologists office, although I have seen it on www.dermadoctor.com and www.drugstore.com.  Anyway, it too is a lightening product, but uses kojic acid rather than hydroquinone, and doesn't have the side effects possible with hydroquinone.  I've been using it about a week, and I'm finally seeing some progress with the post-procedure redness.  It's breaking up quite a bit and is now just splotchy and pink.

View Post

I have also used phyto + and have had good results with it for scars but sometimes i find it will break me out. I have really sensitive skin though so I don't know if it hapens to everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users