Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moisturizing before Tazorac

6 posts in this topic

Is using a moisturizer before you apply tazorac a good thing to do? If you do that how long should you wait after moisturizing before applying the tazorac? Also, does using a moisturizer decrease the effectiveness of tazorac? Thanks.

i usually moisturize before i put tazorac on. thats what my dr told me to do since my skin is generally pretty sentistive. he said it will help create a barrier so that the tazorac doesnt irritate my skin (esp. right around my eyes since the skin is more sensitive there) as much. i usually brush my teeth inbetween the moisturizer and applying the tazorac so maybe 3-5 minutes is how long i wait...ive never timed it though so i dont know for sure.

My derm told me yes, it does decrease the effectiveness. Make sure to use a light, not a heavy mosturizer so it can still penetrate. By the way the Taz website has a video of a person moisturizing first, then applying. This should also reduce the adverse effects like too much redness.

I use one called Cerave from the local drugstore. Go to makeupalley to check product ratings and to read the discussions and you'll find one that sounds good.

my derm. told me that i could mix a pea sized amount of moisturizer with a pea sized amount of tazorac and rub it together then put it on your face.... don't know how effective this will be as i'm only on my 1st day..