fish oil shaving gel

1 reply to this topic

#1 h20

h20

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:57 PM

Ive had acne since i was 12 and now im 20 basically when i was almost 19 i changed my diet and eliminated dairy and saturated fats and refined sugars, and basically that cut out any big pimples that i got.. once those aspects of my diet were eliminated i was left with alot of small blackheads around the bottom of my forehead, nose and sides of cheeks and chin area, as for pimples i had alot (around 2 dozen) of little pimples on my forehead,cheeks and chin area.
around 4 months ago i decided to really try and get the rest of my skin better and i eliminated wheat including oats, and replaced my soy milk with rice milk, this cut down my pimples to maybe 8-10 small ones at the most, but the blackheads remained. ( by the way it probably seems with these foods cut out that i dont eat much, but my diet is around 4200calories per day.. im a runner).
Around 8 weeks ago after realising that my most recent changes have improved as much as they were going to, i added 1 tablespoon 3x a day of ACV with my usual 600ml of water that i drink and 3-4x fish oil capsules each day coupled with this i tried to lower my omega 3-6 ratio which was well and truely out of whack due to my nut intake, within around 2 weeks it had removed most blackheads and pimples and i was every few days completely clear, the only thing i found was that on days i shaved my skin would break out with 2-3 pimples.
During this whole time i had only used water on my face, no topical what so ever. Around 5 weeks ago i decided to re-introduce using something topically due to the fact that even though my blackheads were clearing and my pimples were virtually gone my overall skin tone looked abit discloured (red in some parts and whiter in others) and the skin still had that kindof rough look about it. I didnt want to re-introduce chemicals onto my skin so i stayed natural and still washed my face with plain water but when i shaved i did afew things differantly, 1st i brought a shaving brush, basically you use it to smooth all the shaving gel or cream onto your face and this will help soften the shave, then i switched to using one of the old school 2 blade shavers, ( costs around $30) and after the shave i used my own aftershave with is about 1 teaspoon of aloevera gel and 2 drops of ACV. This new shaving routine stopped any form of break out or irritation after shaving.
The second thing i added topically was half a teaspoon of ACV mixed with 2 drops of jojoba oil before bed and used a cotton ball to apply it, i found that usually the ACV would be drying but when mixed with the jojoba the ACV still did its job but it did it whilst moisturizing rather that whilt drying.
As a whole what i do now has me having 1-2 tiny pimples at the most at a time, it think however its probably best to stay natural, i have tried quite a large amount of topicals to improve my skin and 100% of the time they would work for afew days or a week then break me out badly due to the drying. As far as time out of my day goes, the only actual things which take time for me to do is shaving which takes 10min and washing my face at night which takes maybe 2minutes, the actual diet was basically just replacing foods which aggravated my skin with foods that didnt.

almost 100% of the regime which has helped my has come from this site, everytime my skin improved it was due to a new post or new method posted on the site.
i think the majority of the posts that have helped me have come from 'xxxndnromeoxxx', for alot of people though if you mix and match alot of the info on this site, especially the diet section to see what works for you i think alot of people might be able to fix up alot of their skin problem

#2 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2007 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(h20 @ Apr 4 2007, 07:57 PM) View Post
Ive had acne since i was 12 and now im 20 basically when i was almost 19 i changed my diet and eliminated dairy and saturated fats and refined sugars, and basically that cut out any big pimples that i got.. once those aspects of my diet were eliminated i was left with alot of small blackheads around the bottom of my forehead, nose and sides of cheeks and chin area, as for pimples i had alot (around 2 dozen) of little pimples on my forehead,cheeks and chin area.
around 4 months ago i decided to really try and get the rest of my skin better and i eliminated wheat including oats, and replaced my soy milk with rice milk, this cut down my pimples to maybe 8-10 small ones at the most, but the blackheads remained. ( by the way it probably seems with these foods cut out that i dont eat much, but my diet is around 4200calories per day.. im a runner).
Around 8 weeks ago after realising that my most recent changes have improved as much as they were going to, i added 1 tablespoon 3x a day of ACV with my usual 600ml of water that i drink and 3-4x fish oil capsules each day coupled with this i tried to lower my omega 3-6 ratio which was well and truely out of whack due to my nut intake, within around 2 weeks it had removed most blackheads and pimples and i was every few days completely clear, the only thing i found was that on days i shaved my skin would break out with 2-3 pimples.
During this whole time i had only used water on my face, no topical what so ever. Around 5 weeks ago i decided to re-introduce using something topically due to the fact that even though my blackheads were clearing and my pimples were virtually gone my overall skin tone looked abit discloured (red in some parts and whiter in others) and the skin still had that kindof rough look about it. I didnt want to re-introduce chemicals onto my skin so i stayed natural and still washed my face with plain water but when i shaved i did afew things differantly, 1st i brought a shaving brush, basically you use it to smooth all the shaving gel or cream onto your face and this will help soften the shave, then i switched to using one of the old school 2 blade shavers, ( costs around $30) and after the shave i used my own aftershave with is about 1 teaspoon of aloevera gel and 2 drops of ACV. This new shaving routine stopped any form of break out or irritation after shaving.
The second thing i added topically was half a teaspoon of ACV mixed with 2 drops of jojoba oil before bed and used a cotton ball to apply it, i found that usually the ACV would be drying but when mixed with the jojoba the ACV still did its job but it did it whilst moisturizing rather that whilt drying.
As a whole what i do now has me having 1-2 tiny pimples at the most at a time, it think however its probably best to stay natural, i have tried quite a large amount of topicals to improve my skin and 100% of the time they would work for afew days or a week then break me out badly due to the drying. As far as time out of my day goes, the only actual things which take time for me to do is shaving which takes 10min and washing my face at night which takes maybe 2minutes, the actual diet was basically just replacing foods which aggravated my skin with foods that didnt.

almost 100% of the regime which has helped my has come from this site, everytime my skin improved it was due to a new post or new method posted on the site.
i think the majority of the posts that have helped me have come from 'xxxndnromeoxxx', for alot of people though if you mix and match alot of the info on this site, especially the diet section to see what works for you i think alot of people might be able to fix up alot of their skin problem

Wow thanks so much! I am truely happy to have made a difference. I want to say though, that most of my thanks also comes from people on this site like autonomous, arivienta, smashing pumpin, jess, and the great people here to come up with these wonderful ideas!

I am happy it has worked for you! One thing you can also do is adding more omega 3. 3 grams of omega 3... this way you won't worry so much about your ratio because the amount of omega 3 will be substantial and will not compete with omega 6 at all smile.gif Try that out! You should have results right away since it's fast acting. For me it was!

Good luck!!

Gone out of the country July 5th to August 5th

Finally Clear! < Click link for regimen
People always think the key to fighting acne is to avoid foods, but in actually it's usually what they're NOT eating that's causing it to happen. It made no sense to start with omitting the small things that MAY cause acne for SOME people. Start with the basics of nutrition. You're a human, not an accumulation of minor problems from every person! Not everyone reacts to the same foods. Not everyone has issues with wheat and such foods. Start with the basics of good nutrition and THEN see what happens, omit foods once you feel something is not working, but don't base a diet off of what to avoid, that will make you malnourished and very depressed when you have nothing left to eat! It is true that some people have issues with some foods, but remember, try it for yourself first :)

Get to the root of the problem, because acne has a relentless and endless arsenal on the surface and it is sadistic.

Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group. Omega 3 fatty acids can also help to keep the production of androgens under control. Androgens are hormones that influence sebum production and are particularly active during adolescence, which is possibly why many teenagers suffer from acne. Androgen excess may provoke or aggravate acne by inducing seborrhea (sebum). In women, androgen disorders are frequently suspected when acne is accompanied by hirsutism or irregularities of the menstrual cycle. In men, however, acne may be the only sign of androgen excess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users