Photo

Rash from eyebrow waxing - help!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 gigglebox

gigglebox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:06 AM

I went yesterday and had my eyebrows waxed. This was my regular salon but the first time I've done waxing there. She did a great job, but almost 24hrs later, my skin above my brows is raised, red, itchy and has little rash bumps all over. Usually, I'm red for a couple hours at the most, usually a lot less than that and it's gone. But this is bad! She did apply some sort of cream or lotion that she said would make the redness go away faster, but OMG! it didn't! Apparently I had a reaction to whatever she used. Does anyone have any suggestions to calm this skin down and get it back to normal QUICK??

On a side note - she also dyed my eye lashes and I love it! I'm tired of looking for a mascara that doesn't smudge, so someone recommended dyeing them. She used a vegetable based dye and said it should last 2-3 months....I have my doubts on that length of time, but I really like the look (if I can get passed my itchy, inflamed eyebrows!)

#2 Guest_Mumblesorusjen_*

Guest_Mumblesorusjen_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE(gigglebox @ Mar 30 2007, 08:06 AM) View Post
I went yesterday and had my eyebrows waxed. This was my regular salon but the first time I've done waxing there. She did a great job, but almost 24hrs later, my skin above my brows is raised, red, itchy and has little rash bumps all over. Usually, I'm red for a couple hours at the most, usually a lot less than that and it's gone. But this is bad! She did apply some sort of cream or lotion that she said would make the redness go away faster, but OMG! it didn't! Apparently I had a reaction to whatever she used. Does anyone have any suggestions to calm this skin down and get it back to normal QUICK??

On a side note - she also dyed my eye lashes and I love it! I'm tired of looking for a mascara that doesn't smudge, so someone recommended dyeing them. She used a vegetable based dye and said it should last 2-3 months....I have my doubts on that length of time, but I really like the look (if I can get passed my itchy, inflamed eyebrows!)

How much does dying your eyelashes cost? I've been wanting to get it done for awhile because i hate having to use mascara. It gets really annoying

#3 miss.chaNel

miss.chaNel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:05 PM

Put two spoons in the frezzer for a couple of hours. When they are frozen, tske 'em out and put them on your eyes. I would also call the salon and see if they have any suggestions.

Now about your eyelash waxing.. how much did it cost? I have never heard of anything like that..

#4 gigglebox

gigglebox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(Mumblesorusjen @ Mar 30 2007, 12:34 PM) View Post
How much does dying your eyelashes cost? I've been wanting to get it done for awhile because i hate having to use mascara. It gets really annoying

It was $20.00! They came out great. The hardest part was laying there for 20 minutes with all the goop on my eyes and not opening them up. The more she reminded me not to open them, the more I had to fight the urge. Also a tiny bit got into my left eye and it burned a bit, not bad and she had warned me that it may happen, but that the vegetable based dye was harmless. It didn't get in my eye until she went to wash the dye off. My eye did water a bit and she put saline drops in my eye and it washed out, no problems. I really like the look. I have light hair so I went with the dark brown, but could have done black. I hope it does last for 2-3 months, but everyone around here tells me about 6 weeks, still good I think. The thing I like most is I always wear eye liner and I didn't have to this morning. The dye was put right on the edge of the lashes so it created a line top and bottom lashes, so it looks like I have liner on.

#5 sebaceous mess

sebaceous mess

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:47 PM

I've had my eyelashes dyed in the past and loved it too. However, mine lasted (if I can remember correctly) only about a month. But I imagine it's different for everyone.. like how often you remove eye make up and how quickly ones eyelashes grow out. Not sure if that would be the case, but I think it's worth considering. It was wonderful though and I would recommend it to anyone. My cost was $25.

#6 shorton

shorton

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:43 PM

Sounds like you had an allergic reaction to something in the cream. Lanolin does that to me. Have you tried Cortisone cream? It might bring the inflammation, itching, redness down a bit.

I'm intrigued with your eyelash dyeing. Let us know how long it lasts.

#7 Mossyrox

Mossyrox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

maybe u could use vaseline?

i dye my own eyelashes. i buy it from the store and mix it up. blue/black is the most popular and eye popping colour smile.gif

#8 murfirhea

murfirhea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

I do eyelash and brow tinting in the spa where I work. I usually charge about $25. It is great for those with light eyelashes. It really doesn't do much for dark lashes. It's great for people who like a natural look, but don't look for extra length or thickness. A good clear mascara might be good for that.

I second the suggestion for cortaid. I use hydrocortisone on my clients after waxing. It sounds like you had a reaction to the heat of the wax. It is rare to have a reaction to the product itself. It could happen though.

#9 gigglebox

gigglebox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:19 PM

Thanks all...I put some hydrocortisone on and got immediate relief from the itching and hopefully in the morning it will be back to normal. Weird, because I've gotten my brows waxed before, though not all that often - they just don't grow very fast or very wild - and I've never had this happen before. I thought maybe it was from the lotion, as I break out pretty easily, but makes sense it could have been from the heat. Raised bumps, almost like swelling.