Photo

do cysts ever get bigger after getting smaller...

cyst cortisone

5 replies to this topic

#1 shurltin

shurltin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:07 AM

I ask cause i have a derm appointment today and I'm trying to decided if I shoulkd get a cortisone shot. For the first time in a week since I got this cyst its smaller this morning... does that mean it'll likely go away on its own soon or is it possible that it gets bigger again and therefore I should get the shot.

any help is appreciated, thanks.

#2 tbomb

tbomb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:38 AM

i would get the shot. just because it seems to have shrunk a little, it may stay the current size and not go anywhere. also, if you accidentally scratch it or something (or even for no reason at all) it can just decide it wants to get all red and irritated and start hurting.

to answer your question, yes, they can go away on their own sometimes and they can also just start getting bigger for no reason at all. i would definitely get the shot.

#3 shurltin

shurltin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:11 AM

ok, cause it was hurting at first and now it doesn't anymore. and i've heard a lot of bad things about those shots so i'd rather avoid them. Does anyone agree that they can get bigger again after getting smaller?

#4 shurltin

shurltin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:42 PM

i didn't get the shot... my derm said its not even an acne cyct, just a regular cyst. Do you guys know that not all cysts are acne, or is that wrong?

thanks.

#5 ltmike

ltmike

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:56 AM

I had a cyst come up about 2 months ago. After a couple weeks it was flat and stayed like that until last week when it came up again. It is now pretty flat although not completely.

#6 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE(shurltin @ Mar 22 2007, 08:07 AM) View Post
I ask cause i have a derm appointment today and I'm trying to decided if I shoulkd get a cortisone shot. For the first time in a week since I got this cyst its smaller this morning... does that mean it'll likely go away on its own soon or is it possible that it gets bigger again and therefore I should get the shot.

any help is appreciated, thanks.

Yes they can get bigger before they get smaller. I am against cortisone injections. I had a cystic pimple that was like three pimples together. I had it injected with cortisone and now I have three dents. Its scarred. This doesnt mean you shouldnt get cortisone injections. Im just telling you what can happen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users