Photo

I got burned from lactic acid peel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:41 PM

I used it 2-3 weeks ago,and it was fine. This time, as soon as I put it on, my face was stinging. I washed it off, and I'm burned. I didn't burn last time.

Will this scar? What should I put on it to help it heal?

I think it's bc of the RAM. I did a patch test(like they said), and I was fine, so I don't think I'm allergic.

Should I call my Dr.?

Has this happened to anyone else?
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#2 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:43 PM

How long do I have to keep the prep on...can I wash it off now, or is it better to leave it on a while?
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#3 smilingeyes

smilingeyes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2003 - 09:19 PM

This happened to me as well, but that was right around the time that I had started peeling with the mandelic acid. Have you peeled recently?
~nancy

#4 smilingeyes

smilingeyes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2003 - 09:19 PM

How long do I have to keep the prep on...can I wash it off now, or is it better to leave it on a while?

The prep should neutralize the acid immediately so it should be ok to wash off.
~nancy

#5 Littlefingers

Littlefingers

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2003 - 09:38 PM

I use MUAC 40% lactic acid and I wash the prep off right away. I never got burned by it, but I go burned with other things from extensive exfoliation with other products. I overdid the mandelic acid, and scrubbed the peeling skin off (i k now bad). -The next day I applied 10% glycolic acid, and it burned my skin badly, even though it was a low concentration acid. I DID NOT SCAR.

#6 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:06 PM

I peel all the time from the retin a. I should probably stop the RAM for a few days prior to the peel.

It sucks bc I have company coming over tomorrow, and I have a big part of my skin burnt sad.gif

#7 GoldRex

GoldRex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:41 PM

I've burned myself badly only once with lactic acid.. It did not scar.

#8 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2003 - 03:18 AM

Sorry to hear that Emma - yes, I guess it's better to stop the REM for a day or two b4 doing any peels.

Do you have any neosporin or manuka honey? - that may help bring the burning down. Definately apply emu oil. Keep moisterising. You should be OK in few days though.

I burned myself very badly with glycolic a few months back - I scabbed up but the scabs came off after 5 days. And it didn't create any new scars.
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#9 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:47 AM

Thanks all for the advice.

It looks much better today than yesterday. I've been applying spenco gel--that stuff' s amazing. It has hyalauronic (sp) acid..it heals things so fast!

If I decide to do a peel again, I think I'll do one area(forehead, chin) at a time.

The first time I did it it burned when I put it on, so I took it right off. I decided to wait three weeks to use another one instead of doing them weekly.

This time, the one spot was actually turning white(frosting?), and it was starting to swell; I washed it off.

I'm so surprised, bc I'm not sensitive to anything I'm told I have very thick skin.

When you have a peel done at an office...aren't you burnt? I 'm pretty sure there is downtime. Samantha from Sex and the city got burned from a light peel.

#10 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2003 - 12:54 PM

Em; did your skin turn red and/or blister? You do realize that the solution is supposed to sting, right?

#11 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2003 - 09:52 PM

It did turn red and swelled up; it didn't blister. I washed it right off; it didn't feel right. It was really burning...not stinging like the first time you try retin-a...it hurt.

It's okay now..it's not as red, more brown, and a different texture, but it will be okay.