Jump to content

Photo

I got burned from lactic acid peel


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

    Senior Member

  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 5,135
    Likes: 30
About Me
  • Joined: 16-January 03

Achievements

     

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:41 PM

I used it 2-3 weeks ago,and it was fine. This time, as soon as I put it on, my face was stinging. I washed it off, and I'm burned. I didn't burn last time.


Will this scar? What should I put on it to help it heal?

I think it's bc of the RAM. I did a patch test(like they said), and I was fine, so I don't think I'm allergic.

Should I call my Dr.?

Has this happened to anyone else?

#2 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

    Senior Member

  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 5,135
    Likes: 30
About Me
  • Joined: 16-January 03

Achievements

     

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:43 PM

How long do I have to keep the prep on...can I wash it off now, or is it better to leave it on a while?

#3 smilingeyes

smilingeyes

    Member

  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 763
    Likes: 0
About Me
  • Joined: 16-June 03

Posted 11 December 2003 - 09:19 PM

This happened to me as well, but that was right around the time that I had started peeling with the mandelic acid. Have you peeled recently?

#4 smilingeyes

smilingeyes

    Member

  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 763
    Likes: 0
About Me
  • Joined: 16-June 03

Posted 11 December 2003 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE
How long do I have to keep the prep on...can I wash it off now, or is it better to leave it on a while?


The prep should neutralize the acid immediately so it should be ok to wash off.

#5 Littlefingers

Littlefingers

    Junior Member

  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 87
    Likes: 0
About Me
  • Joined: 22-October 03

Posted 11 December 2003 - 09:38 PM

I use MUAC 40% lactic acid and I wash the prep off right away. I never got burned by it, but I go burned with other things from extensive exfoliation with other products. I overdid the mandelic acid, and scrubbed the peeling skin off (i k now bad). -The next day I applied 10% glycolic acid, and it burned my skin badly, even though it was a low concentration acid. I DID NOT SCAR.

#6 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

    Senior Member

  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 5,135
    Likes: 30
About Me
  • Joined: 16-January 03

Achievements

     

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:06 PM

I peel all the time from the retin a. I should probably stop the RAM for a few days prior to the peel.

It sucks bc I have company coming over tomorrow, and I have a big part of my skin burnt sad.gif

#7 GoldRex

GoldRex

    Member

  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 516
    Likes: 1
About Me
  • Joined: 28-September 03

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:41 PM

I've burned myself badly only once with lactic acid.. It did not scar.

#8 Maya

Maya

    Senior Member

  • New Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 4,151
    Likes: 4
About Me
  • Joined: 21-October 02

Posted 12 December 2003 - 03:18 AM

Sorry to hear that Emma - yes, I guess it's better to stop the REM for a day or two b4 doing any peels.

Do you have any neosporin or manuka honey? - that may help bring the burning down. Definately apply emu oil. Keep moisterising. You should be OK in few days though.

I burned myself very badly with glycolic a few months back - I scabbed up but the scabs came off after 5 days. And it didn't create any new scars.

#9 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

    Senior Member

  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 5,135
    Likes: 30
About Me
  • Joined: 16-January 03

Achievements

     

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:47 AM

Thanks all for the advice.

It looks much better today than yesterday. I've been applying spenco gel--that stuff' s amazing. It has hyalauronic (sp) acid..it heals things so fast!

If I decide to do a peel again, I think I'll do one area(forehead, chin) at a time.

The first time I did it it burned when I put it on, so I took it right off. I decided to wait three weeks to use another one instead of doing them weekly.

This time, the one spot was actually turning white(frosting?), and it was starting to swell; I washed it off.

I'm so surprised, bc I'm not sensitive to anything I'm told I have very thick skin.

When you have a peel done at an office...aren't you burnt? I 'm pretty sure there is downtime. Samantha from Sex and the city got burned from a light peel.

#10 Denise2

Denise2

    Senior Member

  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 2,595
    Likes: 0
About Me
  • Joined: 18-May 03

Posted 12 December 2003 - 12:54 PM

Em; did your skin turn red and/or blister? You do realize that the solution is supposed to sting, right?

#11 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

    Senior Member

  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 5,135
    Likes: 30
About Me
  • Joined: 16-January 03

Achievements

     

Posted 12 December 2003 - 09:52 PM

It did turn red and swelled up; it didn't blister. I washed it right off; it didn't feel right. It was really burning...not stinging like the first time you try retin-a...it hurt.

It's okay now..it's not as red, more brown, and a different texture, but it will be okay.