Photo

Hyaluronic Acid

keloid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
192 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 16 January 2004 - 10:12 PM

We haven't gotten our order yet, JoyLovePeace....it should be coming in early next week, however there's a thread on here....I think it's titled Amino-Plex Spray.....and there's more information on that thread. Basically, it's amino acids, trace minerals and a few more things that is basically used after chemical peels or lasering to help facilitate healing and collagen repair. Don't quote me on this cause I'm just winging it off the top of my head. Anyway, it's also supposed to stimulate circulation to the healing area. Some girls have posted that they see a remarkable difference in their skin in just a few uses. You can find it for a reasonable price at etrode.com

I'm trying to find a cheaper place to purchase it because the company is based here in So Cal, but so far no such luck. I'll let everyone know if and when I do.

#42 joylovepeace

joylovepeace

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2004 - 10:22 PM

Thanks much Tracy I will check out the thread and the site, sounds fantastic but then so does everything biggrin.gif

#43 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 16 January 2004 - 11:25 PM

Ain't THAT the truth!! LOL!!

#44 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2004 - 11:25 PM

Yup - everything is sooooo in my wish list!!
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#45 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2004 - 11:40 PM

I have seen several recommendations on Makeup Alley for Professional Solutions Hyaluronic Acid.
~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.
- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

#46 killercupcake

killercupcake

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:02 AM

Here is another website on hyaluronic acid. (I'm not promoting this site)
http://www.ctds.info...d.html#overview

MSM in powder form is also great. MSM can be bought at Vet stores for less than health stores. Starts at $3 american dollars for a half pound.

#47 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2004 - 05:27 PM

**Dr. London advises taking 420mg daily for the FIRST TWO WEEKS, \"then taper down to a maintenace dose of 140mg daily.\" You'll find HA at most nutrition outlets from brands like Optio Health and Solaray.

Is this the dose you are taking?

I've convinced myself I need HA (and the amino-plex) desperately - my skin has suddenly aged overnight with over use of topicals.

#48 edenfield

edenfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2004 - 05:32 PM

maya are you using adequate sunscreen?

#49 animegirle

animegirle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2004 - 10:51 PM

**Dr. London advises taking 420mg daily for the FIRST TWO WEEKS, \"then taper down to a maintenace dose of 140mg daily.\" You'll find HA at most nutrition outlets from brands like Optio Health and Solaray.

Is this the dose you are taking?

I've convinced myself I need HA (and the amino-plex) desperately - my skin has suddenly aged overnight with over use of topicals.

Maya: Right now I am back up to the 420mg/day for 2 weeks b/c I was off of the HA for a couple of weeks when I ran out. #-o Once on the maintenance dose if I have had a long night or a couple of drinks I take an extra pill to counteract the dehydration. I hope this helps!! smile.gif

#50 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:18 AM

Yes thanks animegirl! biggrin.gif

and Edenfield - my Jane Iredale powder has built in sunscreen - I think it's SPF17, I think that's sufficient

#51 killercupcake

killercupcake

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:59 PM

If you go to ebay and do a search for-> Hyaluronic Acid 90 Caps. Skin,Joints &Eyes
you'll find it for a buy now at $21.95.

Vitamin C (as magnesium ascorbate) 120mg 200

Magnesium (as magnesium ascorbate) 10mg 30

Hyaluronic Acid(from patented BioCell Collagen II) 150mg *

Chondrotin Sulfate(from BioCell Collagen II) 300mg *

BioCell Collagen II 1500mg *

Calcium-Magnesium Inositol Hexaphosphate (IP6) 75mg *

Quercetin Dihydrate 150mg *

#52 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:06 AM

I just found out that Skinceuticals.. Hydrating B5 Gel has hylauric acid in it. I just got a sample from my doctor who is doing my ClearLight Treatments. I am excited to try it. Anyway, you can also get it at ebay. Here is the description from an auction at ebay.

Description:
This amazing oil-free gel is a must for your daily regime and is loaded with high concentrations of hyaluronic acid, your skin's natural moisturizer. Hydrating B5 Gel, restores the nutrients and hyaluronic acid the skin needs to be healthy and supple. Hydrating B5 Gel is an excellent complement to SkinCeuticals vitamin-C treatments. Leaves skin supple, with a smoother, more radiant appearance. Apply 2-3 drops to face, neck, and chest area twice daily.

Active Ingredients:
Hyaluronic Acid, B5

Key Ingredients:
Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate*) - natural humectant with excellent water binding capabilities; capable of attracting and retaining 1000 times its own weight in water; assists as a carrier for other agents to be delivered below the skin's surface; ability to retain water gives immediately smootheness to rough skin; occurs naturally in the dermis; allows the epidermis to achieve greater supplesness, proper elasticity, and turgor (* sodium hyaluronate is the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid which occurs naturally; we use sodium hyaluronate because it is water soluble).
Pantothenic Acid (part of B complex) - facilitates permeation of the epidermis; allows the skin's repair systems to function properly; B5 is known to help with tissue repair; commonly found in liver, eggs, dried brewers yeast, and royal jelly.
"To the world, you may be one person;
but to one person, you may be the world."

#53 animegirle

animegirle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:21 AM

That sounds really good too! Ack! Now I know where all my money goes.........user posted image

#54 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 January 2004 - 04:03 PM

Maya, you still look old? Are you peeling? What have you been doing to your skin since this started?
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#55 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2004 - 08:42 AM

Hi Emma biggrin.gif

Thanks for asking, but my face has just about stopped peeling!! I spent days just applying jojoba, emu and camellia oils on it ... but that didn't help (not sure why) .... so I changed tactics ...

These are the 2 things that were most moisterising:
1. Living Nature "Extra rich manuka honey day cream" (which I've just noticed has camellia and frankincense oils in it!) www.livingnature.com Denise2 recommended me this site some time back and all their stuff is fantastic!!
2. Kinerase lotion - scorpion_vixen put me on to this ... and I found some samples off ebay .. but take a look at the stuff here: http://www.kinerase.com/

After applying the last 2, my face healed up very well!!

Oh ... and maybe while I was peeling, putting too much camellia oil didn't help as I now realise it also has AHA actions.

But still, I really would like to try the HA supplements ... I guess anyone my age or near it wants to ... he he..

#56 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 January 2004 - 02:21 PM

I'm glad you don't look old anymore Maya smile.gif You did the right thing by being gentle on your skin. Drinking lots of H20 helps a bit too.

I would like to use kinerase, and ironically enough was just looking into it, but I don't think it would be good for my acne prone skin sad.gif There are so may things I'd like to try, but can't because of that..oh well.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#57 needtobeclear

needtobeclear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2004 - 07:31 PM

animegirle~ did you notice that your body was retaining water by using this pill or does it just affect your skin?

I just bought Source Natrurals Hyaluronic acid. It was expensive but the only one I could find that wasn't online. I am going to try it and if I like it then I will buy some cheaper stuff.

Thanks.
"To the world, you may be one person;
but to one person, you may be the world."

#58 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2004 - 06:32 AM

To those using HA capsules/internally - how's it going???????????

#59 animegirle

animegirle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2004 - 09:53 AM

animegirle~ did you notice that your body was retaining water by using this pill or does it just affect your skin?

I wondered about this as well, but as many trips as I make in a day to the ladies room, I would say that I am not retaining water...lol. (I sure hope I'm not! #-o )

Maya, I can definitely tell a difference b/ween taking and not taking the pills. My skin is plumped and just looks healthy. I am planning on giving these supplements at least 4-6 months to see if they have any effect on scars at all. I think the article stated that it takes at least 3 months to see any changes to existing scars, so we'll see!

#60 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2004 - 03:13 PM

Thanks animegirle biggrin.gif - I think I may go ahead and order some soon ... I need a bit of plumping right now (on my face only!! :lol: )