Photo

Hyaluronic Acid

keloid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
192 replies to this topic

#181 RichardSkin

RichardSkin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:39 AM

Hello everyone, HA is great to use both orally and topically. Oral dosages vary so greatly depending on who you talk to. I would stay on the lower dose longer rather than bombard my system with a megadose. When buying topical HA Gel be wary of those saying it is 100% HA. All of us who manufacture or sell HA Gel use 100% HA, but that does not mean that the gel itself is 100% HA. Make sure you read the ingredients and if HA is below the 4th listed ingredient then there isn't enough to do much good. The first ingredient is always water, the second is usally the agent that forms the gel and the third should be Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic acid) there may be other botanicals or extracts added but be sure HA is third on the list. Topically it acts as a "wet blanket" holding in moisture without clogging pores, in does not penetrate into the skinand always use a moisturizer over it. There is also a treatment called mesotherapy where HA is injected with a tiny 4mm needle to lift the skin and build collagen. This is NOT the HA filler (Restylane) BTW Maya, you are right .....eat those chicken skins !! Even Synvisc, which is injected into knees for arthritic conditions is made from chicken skin !

#182 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:31 AM

BTW Maya, you are right .....eat those chicken skins !! Even Synvisc, which is injected into knees for arthritic conditions is made from chicken skin !

Will do! I'll now have to wrestle my kids over their chicken skins!!
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#183 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:34 AM

OK - so I got my HA capsule stash out and decided to start taking them this morning. I've got the purity ones but I also bought some of the Eternal Youth supplements from an ebayer (use by date sept 04) coz they were in a liquidation sale.

Has anyone used the Eternal Youth/Time fighters HA? . I've just opened a box and they are a mottled brown colour. Have they gone off????????

#184 sc4r3d

sc4r3d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:38 AM

From what I have seen thus far all of the Hyaluronic Acid is Animul in origin except for the very expesive Restylane injectable and one Oral type I found byt luck otherwise all topicals are Bio Colagen II (animul bone, either checken sternum or rooster soemthing).

Here is the site I found where they have 20mg of Bacteria clones Hyaluronic Acid but it also has Acorbic acid as well.

Site Below:

http://www.totaldisc...ant/haframe.htm

Supplemental Info Amount per serving % Daily Value
Hyaluronic Acid (Microbial Fermentation) 20 mg -
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 50 mg 83%

If its fermented I believe that would be the same thing as Genetic Enginerring. Just as they do to produce Insulin. Igf that is the case this is the true Human Hyaluronic acid but I cnanot be 100 % sure cause it does not say NASHA?

QUESTION?

WHo makes the best quality but reasonable priced Ester C or Cellex C ? Or shoudl I be looking ofr Ascorbic Acid? Anyhow does anyone have a link(s)?

THanks

#185 sc4r3d

sc4r3d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:40 AM

I forgot to preview it before I submitted it!

#186 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:18 AM

I was interested in Richard mentioning HA mesotherapy

In the UK, it is marketed as the IAL System (used for skin rejuvination - supposedly it's temporary but does boost our own collagen to grow).

http://www.consultin...play.asp?ID=171

#187 laina

laina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:46 AM

The glucoflex HA supps i'm taking are apparently non-animal in origin. There's a link to them further up the thread somewhere.

#188 animegirle

animegirle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:17 AM

Hi guys,
I have seen interest spark again in HA..so I thought I would bump this thread. I now take the liquid form Synthovial 7.

copy from the website
Synthovial 7â„¢ is an oral solution made from medical grade hyaluronic acid with 2.4 million Daltons molecular weight. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a mucopolysacharide and comes in varying molecular weights. Studies have shown more benefits with the higher molecular weight HA. More cushioning for the joints and more moisture retaining qualities for the skin. We have the highest molecular weight oral HA in the market.

Use 5 to 7 drops in water once a day for younger, smoother skin.
Only $44.95
(Continental US only)

You can find it Here

#189 Bones

Bones

chained angel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2004 - 12:38 PM

Just found this on eBay, but am wary as I don't know enough about HA yet to make any judgements. Anyone have any thoughts?

bulk HA

Thanks!

#190 hyaluronicacid

hyaluronicacid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:01 AM

Everything you want to know about hyaluronic acid is at http://www.e-hyaluronicacid.com - there are several unbiased articles on HA, side effects, products, etc.

#191 Floridaguy

Floridaguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(Maya @ Dec 12 2003, 11:20 PM)
This looks good from iherb: http://www.iherb.com/puultihaform.html

View Post

If you take HS supplament for a few months I wonder if it would help Restalyn Injections last longer??? Just a thought

#192 dpldds

dpldds

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:20 PM

All these root vegetables can be found in the Japanese supermarkets such as Marukai or Mitsuwa. I live in Los Angeles and these are the two biggest ones. I am sure you can find them in any cities of the United States.

#193 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

bump. Is it okay to take this while on accutane?