Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyaluronic Acid

193 posts in this topic

I've been taking glucosamine sulphate for over 6 months ... I think it does help with joint care .. but it took over 3 months before I saw results. I don't think it helped with my skin though.

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

Sounds like HA can be used in the same way as glucosamine sulfate...just with better things for your skin.   biggrin.gif

Smilingeyes mentions that their skin is clearing up as a result of the HA.  Does HA affect acne, then, as well as all the other skin benefits?

~nancy

Hello everyone, HA is great to use both orally and topically. Oral dosages vary so greatly depending on who you talk to. I would stay on the lower dose longer rather than bombard my system with a megadose. When buying topical HA Gel be wary of those saying it is 100% HA. All of us who manufacture or sell HA Gel use 100% HA, but that does not mean that the gel itself is 100% HA. Make sure you read the ingredients and if HA is below the 4th listed ingredient then there isn't enough to do much good. The first ingredient is always water, the second is usally the agent that forms the gel and the third should be Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic acid) there may be other botanicals or extracts added but be sure HA is third on the list. Topically it acts as a "wet blanket" holding in moisture without clogging pores, in does not penetrate into the skinand always use a moisturizer over it. There is also a treatment called mesotherapy where HA is injected with a tiny 4mm needle to lift the skin and build collagen. This is NOT the HA filler (Restylane) BTW Maya, you are right .....eat those chicken skins !! Even Synvisc, which is injected into knees for arthritic conditions is made from chicken skin !

Richard

Loganwood Skincare

BTW Maya, you are right .....eat those chicken skins !! Even Synvisc, which is injected into knees for arthritic conditions is made from chicken skin !

OK - so I got my HA capsule stash out and decided to start taking them this morning. I've got the purity ones but I also bought some of the Eternal Youth supplements from an ebayer (use by date sept 04) coz they were in a liquidation sale.

Has anyone used the Eternal Youth/Time fighters HA? . I've just opened a box and they are a mottled brown colour. Have they gone off????????

From what I have seen thus far all of the Hyaluronic Acid is Animul in origin except for the very expesive Restylane injectable and one Oral type I found byt luck otherwise all topicals are Bio Colagen II (animul bone, either checken sternum or rooster soemthing).

Here is the site I found where they have 20mg of Bacteria clones Hyaluronic Acid but it also has Acorbic acid as well.

Site Below:

http://www.totaldiscountvitamins.com/Merch...ant/haframe.htm

Supplemental Info Amount per serving % Daily Value

Hyaluronic Acid (Microbial Fermentation) 20 mg -

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 50 mg 83%

If its fermented I believe that would be the same thing as Genetic Enginerring. Just as they do to produce Insulin. Igf that is the case this is the true Human Hyaluronic acid but I cnanot be 100 % sure cause it does not say NASHA?

QUESTION?

WHo makes the best quality but reasonable priced Ester C or Cellex C ? Or shoudl I be looking ofr Ascorbic Acid? Anyhow does anyone have a link(s)?

THanks

I was interested in Richard mentioning HA mesotherapy

In the UK, it is marketed as the IAL System (used for skin rejuvination - supposedly it's temporary but does boost our own collagen to grow).

http://www.consultingroom.com/Aesthetics/P...play.asp?ID=171

The glucoflex HA supps i'm taking are apparently non-animal in origin. There's a link to them further up the thread somewhere.

Hi guys,

I have seen interest spark again in HA..so I thought I would bump this thread. I now take the liquid form Synthovial 7.

copy from the website

Synthovial 7â„¢ is an oral solution made from medical grade hyaluronic acid with 2.4 million Daltons molecular weight. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a mucopolysacharide and comes in varying molecular weights. Studies have shown more benefits with the higher molecular weight HA. More cushioning for the joints and more moisture retaining qualities for the skin. We have the highest molecular weight oral HA in the market.

Use 5 to 7 drops in water once a day for younger, smoother skin.

Only $44.95

(Continental US only)

You can find it Here

Just found this on eBay, but am wary as I don't know enough about HA yet to make any judgements. Anyone have any thoughts?

bulk HA

Thanks!

All these root vegetables can be found in the Japanese supermarkets such as Marukai or Mitsuwa. I live in Los Angeles and these are the two biggest ones. I am sure you can find them in any cities of the United States.