I'm 19 and I've been suffering from acne since middleschool and it has effected me greatly. I've tried every single trend on these boards.. some work for a while and some made me want to scream. I'm clear now and before I go drifting off into the sun, I will tell you how I got this way. And if you follow my regimen and do what I say, you will be noticing better looking skin in less than 3 days. I written this up to be less confusing in every possible way and will include pictures and links of the stuff I use so you will know what to get and not waste money on stuff that you don't need to.
- Exercise: Yes you need to exercise. 30 mins of cardio everyday is what you need. There's no excuse not to. Go to your favorite park and jog around OR you could finally use that very expensive workout machine that you bought off the home shopping network. Whatever you do, make sure your heart is beating fast. Exercise at least 5x a week, the more you do it, the better you will look and feel. Every other day is the bare minimum.
- Diet: Now this is tricky, What breaks me out doesn't necessary mean it can break you out. Coffee + Milk and high carb foods tend to break me out. Stay away for coffee for a week or two and see if your skin gets better. For high carb foods, you can still eat it, but don't make this a every meal/day thing.
- Supplements / Skin Care:
Watch Dan on how to properly wash your face and apply BP Follow Dan's Regimen and if have you have really horrible acne right now. I highly suggest you switch the BP to:
Apply Dan's regimen Once in the morning and Once at night. You can find Zapzyt in Walgreens, CVS, Walmart etc.
Shower Cleanser I like Applying a Strong Cleanser while I am in the shower. St. Ives has a wonderful lineup of cleansers that I really like. I use: Apricot Radiance Deep Cleaning Cream Cleanser. Oil Free. and on the bottom it says Combination.
Stuff you should be taking:
- MultiVitamin - Centrum Performance
- Fish Oil - I'm using a prescription called Omacor, it's for other health purposes. This is where you gotta do some research on your own. But I like and heard good things about GNC's Fish Body Oils 1000.
- Optional - Vitamin E and a B complex pill. These are optional, its not a must but it won't hurt otherwise. I have these pills lying around and I take them every now and then. Aloe Vera Juice: This is a must. Absolutely a must. Head over to your local health food organic market and pick up a bottle. This is the one I use:
- Stuff you should do and Stuff you shouldn't do
- Do keep a positive attitude
- Do exercise, 30 mins everyday. Don't be lazy
- Do get a good night sleep, it's a must
- Do change your pillow case often
- Do drink lots of water
- Don't drink Coffee or Milk
- Don't touch your face with your hands, we get sick because of dirty hands, now what do you think happens when we touch our face with these hands?
- Don't eat crap food
- Keep stress to a minimum
- Sacrifice (1) virgin every hallows eve.
Its called Lily of the desert Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice, make sure it says Certified Organic and No Preservatives on top, I got it a local market called: Whole Foods Market. Make sure to take 1-2 tablespoon of this stuff with a cup of water 2x a day. This is Absolutely Necessary. It's a bit pricey though. I don't remember the exact price buts in the $10~ area.
Is this one of those things where you break out and then a couple of weeks get better?
NOOO, this is not normal and should not happen. In every regimen. Unless you are in the processing of breaking out.
How long you been doing this?
How long will it take for me to notice a difference?
Less than 3 days, The people who I recommended doing this in real life told me they notice a huge difference within 24 hours
How vital is it for me to follow everything in here, including exercising, diet, dan's regimen, taking supplements, aloe vera juice, yadayada?
Everything is vital
Is it true that you stop using dan's regimen
Yes, I no longer see a need to.
Describe your daily routine:
After I take up, I usually look at how big my morning wood is. I wash my face and eat breakfast. Afterwards I take a Multivitamin along with a cup of water with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice. When I come back home from work / school. I exercise for about 30 mins, take a shower and apply St Ives Cleanser. After I ate dinner, I take my prescription fish oil and drink a cup of water with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice.