379 replies to this topic

#41 xenth

xenth

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(VanillaIce13 @ Mar 11 2007, 02:07 PM) View Post
how many out there are taking green tea suppliments and how much each day? also what kind of results have you had

1200MG a day , just some very light spots left after years and years of mild acne eusa_dance.gif

#42 Isaiah87

Isaiah87

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:30 PM

Do you mean the postinflamatory marks of past acne or redness of current dying pimples?
Where I Was
Acne >>>>>>Cystic,nodule,papule
Red Marks>>>Deep red marks,specks and blotches
Scars>>>>>>Rolling,"thumb" indents,Scarred pores

Where I am Now
Acne >>>>>>Minimal
Red Marks>>>95% Clear
Scars>>>>>>Less visible but stil prevalent

My Cure
Acne >>>>>>Diet/Exercise,Supplements
Red Marks>>>Peels, exfoliation, time
Scars>>>>>>Still Searching

#43 Seouljuh

Seouljuh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

i've been taking the green tea capsules for less than a week and so far i can't tell any difference. I think it's too soon anyways, but i wanted to add the fish oil capsules. what type of fish oil do you get, where, brand, please fill me in!

#44 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(Seouljuh @ Mar 11 2007, 08:46 PM) View Post
i've been taking the green tea capsules for less than a week and so far i can't tell any difference. I think it's too soon anyways, but i wanted to add the fish oil capsules. what type of fish oil do you get, where, brand, please fill me in!

Post that question in the fish oil thread to get the best answer. I still am on my first bottle which is a member's mark from Sam's. It does the job, but I want something in liquid form now, which seems cheaper, and more of it.

And yes, things take more than a week to happen. As many things in life, it takes months to see bodily changes. A good example is working out. Let's say you work out and eat right for a good three months, it's only then will you begin to see changes. But with these, it takes less, about a month. Which is a good thing. So keep on keeping on and it will come in time, just go full force, and compliment green tea with efa's (fish) and good things will come, if not a cure, then at least better than where you were before hand
Gone out of the country July 5th to August 5th

Finally Clear! < Click link for regimen
People always think the key to fighting acne is to avoid foods, but in actually it's usually what they're NOT eating that's causing it to happen. It made no sense to start with omitting the small things that MAY cause acne for SOME people. Start with the basics of nutrition. You're a human, not an accumulation of minor problems from every person! Not everyone reacts to the same foods. Not everyone has issues with wheat and such foods. Start with the basics of good nutrition and THEN see what happens, omit foods once you feel something is not working, but don't base a diet off of what to avoid, that will make you malnourished and very depressed when you have nothing left to eat! It is true that some people have issues with some foods, but remember, try it for yourself first :)

Get to the root of the problem, because acne has a relentless and endless arsenal on the surface and it is sadistic.

Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group. Omega 3 fatty acids can also help to keep the production of androgens under control. Androgens are hormones that influence sebum production and are particularly active during adolescence, which is possibly why many teenagers suffer from acne. Androgen excess may provoke or aggravate acne by inducing seborrhea (sebum). In women, androgen disorders are frequently suspected when acne is accompanied by hirsutism or irregularities of the menstrual cycle. In men, however, acne may be the only sign of androgen excess.

#45 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(alternativista @ Mar 11 2007, 03:08 PM) View Post
I've seen posts on healthboards.com saying that green tea cleared their skin.

Please try to find the thread and post it. It would be a great read and some inspiration!

People always think the key to fighting acne is to avoid foods, but in actually it's usually what they're NOT eating that's causing it to happen. It made no sense to start with omitting the small things that MAY cause acne for SOME people. Start with the basics of nutrition. You're a human, not an accumulation of minor problems from every person! Not everyone reacts to the same foods. Not everyone has issues with wheat and such foods. Start with the basics of good nutrition and THEN see what happens, omit foods once you feel something is not working, but don't base a diet off of what to avoid, that will make you malnourished and very depressed when you have nothing left to eat! It is true that some people have issues with some foods, but remember, try it for yourself first :)

Get to the root of the problem, because acne has a relentless and endless arsenal on the surface and it is sadistic.

Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group. Omega 3 fatty acids can also help to keep the production of androgens under control. Androgens are hormones that influence sebum production and are particularly active during adolescence, which is possibly why many teenagers suffer from acne. Androgen excess may provoke or aggravate acne by inducing seborrhea (sebum). In women, androgen disorders are frequently suspected when acne is accompanied by hirsutism or irregularities of the menstrual cycle. In men, however, acne may be the only sign of androgen excess.

#46 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(Isaiah87 @ Mar 11 2007, 04:30 PM) View Post
Do you mean the postinflamatory marks of past acne or redness of current dying pimples?

I interpret it as good as you may, but from experience, it's always the marks from current drying actives that seem to go away faster, and the existing blemishes to stay and fade with time, or maybe a bit of both.

#47 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE(calla lily @ Mar 11 2007, 03:10 PM) View Post
I'm going to try this. Before I go out and buy this, is there any other supplement I should stock up on besides fish oil capsules?

Not that I know of, but some people say evening prim rose oil, and flaxseed. But I am not doing that since I am mostly balancing my omega 3 to omega 6.

#48 Da Real BucK

Da Real BucK

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:20 AM

well you persuaded me I bought some of that green tea extract 100 pills at 400mg and i will take two daily to see if that helps. im gonna try it for a month if it works then your the man if it dont then oh well didnt cost too much.

#49 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE(Dolfan @ Mar 12 2007, 01:20 AM) View Post
well you persuaded me I bought some of that green tea extract 100 pills at 400mg and i will take two daily to see if that helps. im gonna try it for a month if it works then your the man if it dont then oh well didnt cost too much.

Good luck man, I hope it works for you, keep us updated on your results as a few days go by, and weeks, etc.

Since you have 100, take 3 a day and see if it starts up faster.

It'll last you exactly one month then smile.gif And a few days.

#50 xenth

xenth

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE(Isaiah87 @ Mar 11 2007, 03:30 PM) View Post

Past acne marks wink.gif

#51 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(xenth @ Mar 12 2007, 09:50 AM) View Post

Past acne marks wink.gif

I think I have asked you, how long have you been on green tea and then green tea extracts? I Know you started the extracts soon, but was it starting to change when you took just green tea?

#52 xenth

xenth

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(xxndnromeoxx @ Mar 12 2007, 09:19 AM) View Post
QUOTE(xenth @ Mar 12 2007, 09:50 AM) View Post

Past acne marks wink.gif

I think I have asked you, how long have you been on green tea and then green tea extracts? I Know you started the extracts soon, but was it starting to change when you took just green tea?

Green tea extracts..hmm you'd have to search my previous posts lol.gif
It was getting better with my regular method yes, but this is giving even better results

#53 chaseryder

chaseryder

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:lifting and knocking boots

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:56 PM

ya just got some green tea extract pills, well see how they do
The man who lives in ignorance is not the fool, but the one whom looks at that ignorance as being blissfull, he is the true fool.

#54 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(chaseryder @ Mar 12 2007, 03:56 PM) View Post
ya just got some green tea extract pills, well see how they do

Sweet, where did you get them from?

#55 tonyhawk

tonyhawk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:hey My name is Hunter<br /><br /><br />I like:<br /><br />skateboarding<br />camping<br />being with friends<br />going to movie<br />girls, lol<br />music<br />food<br />anime<br />and anything fun really haha

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:57 PM

green tea speeds up your metabolism by 3 percent so eat more

#56 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(tonyhawk @ Mar 12 2007, 06:57 PM) View Post
green tea speeds up your metabolism by 3 percent so eat more

Eh yeah, I don't know what it is, but I think the green tea and fish oil have pushed my weight down further than I have ever been, and I am already really skinny. Not cool! But it's okay, clear skin > weight right now. Then when I get a hand on things, I will begin working out as hardcore as I eat for my skin.

#57 Da Real BucK

Da Real BucK

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:54 AM

do you know of any over the counter drugs that can help regulate hormones, or stop oil production? theres gotta be something besides accutane.. my acne is better then before but it is persistent maybe the green tea pills might be just enough to push it over the top.. but as many things as ive tried; probability says no. by the way how long did it take you to get your bottle from bodybuilders.com?

#58 chaseryder

chaseryder

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:lifting and knocking boots

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

got natures cure...seem like a good brand...but yea starting to take these w/ a multi, efa's so we shall see...plus im trying this strictly wash with water regimen for a week just for my own knowledge...gonna see if it will tone my skin down and hopefully put an end to the oil
The man who lives in ignorance is not the fool, but the one whom looks at that ignorance as being blissfull, he is the true fool.

#59 DesertRat

DesertRat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:52 AM

Could someone create a posting of the recommended brands and where you got them?

Thanks!

#60 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(DesertRat @ Mar 13 2007, 11:52 AM) View Post
Could someone create a posting of the recommended brands and where you got them?

Thanks!

First post at the bottom =) Now brand