Photo

Green Tea Extracts

vitamin vitamins vitamin e fish oil green tea saw palmetto phenol

This topic is in the process of being archived.
379 replies to this topic

#361 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE(derricks4 @ Apr 28 2007, 02:39 PM) View Post
I've been taking the Omega 3 capsule's (1000 mg) 1 per day for the past two or so weeks, and had little to no success. Should I start upping the dosage? And possibly adding GTE to my regimen?

If you only take 1 a day, it won't get you anywhere sad.gif. You need to up the omega 3 (do it safely, read the thread to be sure). Don't introduce green tea, try omega 3 fully first.

#362 derricks4

derricks4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

Ok, thank you. I also am taking other supplements along with it (broccoli, garlic, quercetin, and glycine). Do you see any possible problems this could lead to?

#363 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(derricks4 @ Apr 28 2007, 02:45 PM) View Post
Ok, thank you. I also am taking other supplements along with it (broccoli, garlic, quercetin, and glycine). Do you see any possible problems this could lead to?

I'm not sure, but be sure to research on how they work. If they in any way say the help fat loss or interfere with fat absorption, it may be questionable, but do a google search about how these supplements work. We often forget to consider the way our supplements interfere and work with each other, so learn from my experience =)

#364 derricks4

derricks4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

That's great. How's your progress btw?

#365 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(derricks4 @ Apr 28 2007, 02:53 PM) View Post
That's great. How's your progress btw?

It's great. I'm picky about sticking to things, I don't have any patience for it at all, so considering that it has worked to a point where it convinced me to stay at it must be amazing.

But remember, it's an essential element to proper functioning (omega3), not an option, if you realize that it will be an easy decision =)

#366 tamlanticyen

tamlanticyen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:19 PM

will drinking green tea work the same?

#367 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(tamlanticyen @ Apr 28 2007, 10:19 PM) View Post
will drinking green tea work the same?

If you can consume at least 6 cups daily, but then caffeine will be a lot. So technically yes, but it will be too much caffeine eusa_think.gif 3 to 4 pills = 10 cups worth (for the brand used in the thread).

#368 calla lily

calla lily

Stressed is just desserts spelled backward.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Cooking, illustrating, reading sci fi/fantasy, writing, ice skating<br /><br />Music: Depeche Mode, Yanni, Michael Buble

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

Does green tea extract affect other hormones besides DHT? I'm not sure if green tea extract is to blame or not (probably not), but my period should have shown up between April 25-May 1, give or take a couple days. Think these things are related? My cycle was pretty regular before that, always showing up at the end of the month. eusa_think.gif Wherefore art mine period?!?! eusa_boohoo.gif

Any other females have this problem?

#369 veiled

veiled

Vivian but not really

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me
  • Interests:These days I am bartending and trying to be the most organized person in the world. I keep trying to be happy with my life. Trying different things. Healing old wounds. Everytime I heal one thing though - another fresh new wound opens. W/ever - enough emo shit. Ultimately I'd rather be a trust fund kid. ;P

Umm, I don't know what else to say. You can just email me through here. I'm a very social girl so I love chatting and emailing besides hanging out and being with friends.

My important log:
    http://www.acne.org/messageboard/V-s-Regime-Clear-8-Mon-t103651.html

My Music Recommendations:
    Janelle Monae
    Massive Attack - Paradise Circus
    LCD Sound Systems' - North American Scum
    Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah - Satan Said Dance
    Muse

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:20 AM

Just an FYI - (i've reduced my pill quantity intake)

http://www.newscient...quantities.html

Green tea can be harmful in large quantities

* 10:00 05 May 2007
* From New Scientist Print Edition. Subscribe and get 4 free issues.
* Chung Yang, Rutgers University

Green tea is good for you, but only if drunk in moderation. While the polyphenols in green tea are credited with preventing heart disease and cancer, it seems they can cause liver and kidney damage if consumed in very large quantities, a review of studies into the toxicity of polyphenols has shown.

"People shouldn't be too alarmed by this, but those taking supplements may experience problems," says lead author Chung Yang of Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey.

He stresses that up to 10 small cups of green tea a day is fine. Problems are likely in people who take supplements, which can contain up to 50 times as much polyphenol as a single cup of tea.

Yang's review cites experiments in which rodents and dogs died from liver poisoning when given very large doses of polyphenols. He also reports cases of people with liver toxicity after overdosing on green-tea-based supplements. Their symptoms disappeared when they stopped taking the pills, only to return when they started taking them again (Chemical Research in Toxicology, vol 20, p 583).

#370 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE(girlwithacne @ May 6 2007, 12:20 PM) View Post
Just an FYI - (i've reduced my pill quantity intake)

http://www.newscient...quantities.html

Green tea can be harmful in large quantities

* 10:00 05 May 2007
* From New Scientist Print Edition. Subscribe and get 4 free issues.
* Chung Yang, Rutgers University

Green tea is good for you, but only if drunk in moderation. While the polyphenols in green tea are credited with preventing heart disease and cancer, it seems they can cause liver and kidney damage if consumed in very large quantities, a review of studies into the toxicity of polyphenols has shown.

"People shouldn't be too alarmed by this, but those taking supplements may experience problems," says lead author Chung Yang of Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey.

He stresses that up to 10 small cups of green tea a day is fine. Problems are likely in people who take supplements, which can contain up to 50 times as much polyphenol as a single cup of tea.

Yang's review cites experiments in which rodents and dogs died from liver poisoning when given very large doses of polyphenols. He also reports cases of people with liver toxicity after overdosing on green-tea-based supplements. Their symptoms disappeared when they stopped taking the pills, only to return when they started taking them again (Chemical Research in Toxicology, vol 20, p 583).

My mom showed me this article today, after looking at it was one of those "scare tactic" articles. There was another article similar to that as well.

So here's the drift. they say 10 cups worth is fine. So to understand how much (in pill form) 10 cups is, we must know how much is in each pill.

http://www.nowfoods....l&item_id=42902
AMOUNT TO USE: One or more Vcaps® a day, preferably with meals. Three to four capsules would provide about the same antioxidant benefits as ten cups of tea, an amount used successfully in some studies.

Each pill has 400 mg, and 1.6 grams to 2 grams = 10 cups worth. So 50 cups worth is almost impossible to attain. eusa_angel.gif

50 cups of water would probably kill someone too. =)

Hope that helps.

#371 babadum

babadum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

I think I'm gonna try this soon anyone with success?

#372 Weenie Beenie

Weenie Beenie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:09 PM

I wish we knew for sure whether this stuff negitively interacts with fish oil or not

#373 babadum

babadum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(Weenie Beenie @ Jun 27 2007, 05:09 PM) View Post
I wish we knew for sure whether this stuff negitively interacts with fish oil or not

It should because it burns fat.

#374 Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:41 PM

Well dont do it if your entirely relying on fish oil because its does block some fat absorbtion and I guess you wouldn't be getting all the omega 3 your taking. Im going to be doing both, but fish oil is only gonna be part of what im doing so im not as worried about it.

#375 Donan

Donan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:14 PM

Does it make a difference if the GTE has caffeine or not? I'm gonna start taking it tomorrow after my exam. Don't want to start feeling fuzzy or something today when I'm studying...saywhat.gif

#376 babadum

babadum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:58 PM

It would be better if it doesn't have caffeine. Caffeine in general is bad for you so with the amount you'd be taking it would be bad.

#377 Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:17 PM

Yeah no caffeine, the amount of extract you'd have to take to see results would in turn be giving you an unhealthy amount of caffeine.

#378 babadum

babadum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:30 PM

bobby what brand and how much of the green tea extract are you taking per day? and what are the ingredients in your brand? how is it working?

btw to people that had success with it how long did it take?

#379 bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:35 AM

I've been using the NOW brand green tea extracts for about 4 months now. Haven't noticed any huge difference.

#380 Rob73

Rob73

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:02 AM

Interesting discussion. Why did this thread die off so suddenly?

P.S ndnRomeo - if you are reading this - your inbox is full! Cant send you a PM.