Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NdnRomeo

Green Tea Extracts

178 posts in this topic

Ideally, I eat meat, dairy, fruits, veggies, and nuts. I drink water, green tea, white tea. However, that's usually only the case when I'm at my apartment. When I'm out working or with friends, I have less options.

A lot of people here probably disagree with my take on: Meat, dairy, and low carb. I essentially eat low carb in that I only get carbs from fruits and veggies. Occasionally I'll have a thin crust pizza, or tacos (I buy high oat fiber tortillas), and spaghetti (barilla plus). As for meat and dairy, science has demonstrated too many health benefits outside of acne for me to stop eating them, the biggest one being body composition.

My diet has some influence from John Berardi's nutrition articles.

That is superb, I actually like your diet, especially considering it's similar to mine except for meats, only because I don't have much access to them at home.

Gone out of the country July 5th to August 5th

Finally Clear! < Click link for regimen

People always think the key to fighting acne is to avoid foods, but in actually it's usually what they're NOT eating that's causing it to happen. It made no sense to start with omitting the small things that MAY cause acne for SOME people. Start with the basics of nutrition. You're a human, not an accumulation of minor problems from every person! Not everyone reacts to the same foods. Not everyone has issues with wheat and such foods. Start with the basics of good nutrition and THEN see what happens, omit foods once you feel something is not working, but don't base a diet off of what to avoid, that will make you malnourished and very depressed when you have nothing left to eat! It is true that some people have issues with some foods, but remember, try it for yourself first :)

Get to the root of the problem, because acne has a relentless and endless arsenal on the surface and it is sadistic.

Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group. Omega 3 fatty acids can also help to keep the production of androgens under control. Androgens are hormones that influence sebum production and are particularly active during adolescence, which is possibly why many teenagers suffer from acne. Androgen excess may provoke or aggravate acne by inducing seborrhea (sebum). In women, androgen disorders are frequently suspected when acne is accompanied by hirsutism or irregularities of the menstrual cycle. In men, however, acne may be the only sign of androgen excess.

how much do you have to take?

thanks! just bought a bottle yesterday....can't wait to try it!

all this pain and hurt is relative.

how much do you have to take?

thanks! just bought a bottle yesterday....can't wait to try it!

Also be sure to take it with the fish oil regimen.

People always think the key to fighting acne is to avoid foods, but in actually it's usually what they're NOT eating that's causing it to happen. It made no sense to start with omitting the small things that MAY cause acne for SOME people. Start with the basics of nutrition. You're a human, not an accumulation of minor problems from every person! Not everyone reacts to the same foods. Not everyone has issues with wheat and such foods. Start with the basics of good nutrition and THEN see what happens, omit foods once you feel something is not working, but don't base a diet off of what to avoid, that will make you malnourished and very depressed when you have nothing left to eat! It is true that some people have issues with some foods, but remember, try it for yourself first :)

Get to the root of the problem, because acne has a relentless and endless arsenal on the surface and it is sadistic.

Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group. Omega 3 fatty acids can also help to keep the production of androgens under control. Androgens are hormones that influence sebum production and are particularly active during adolescence, which is possibly why many teenagers suffer from acne. Androgen excess may provoke or aggravate acne by inducing seborrhea (sebum). In women, androgen disorders are frequently suspected when acne is accompanied by hirsutism or irregularities of the menstrual cycle. In men, however, acne may be the only sign of androgen excess.

Nice, take a look at this:

In a 1997 study, researchers from the University of Kansas determined that EGCG is twice as powerful as resveratrol, which may explain why the rate of heart disease among Japanese men is quite low, even though approximately seventy-five percent are smokers.

Another emphasis on taking the best of the japanese diet, and why it is best to taking it to higher levels:

http://www.accesseonline.com/travel/travel_art.php?id=3

mentions fish oil, green tea, vegetables, and fruits.

In a 1997 study, researchers from the University of Kansas determined that EGCG is twice as powerful as resveratrol, which may explain why the rate of heart disease among Japanese men is quite low, even though approximately seventy-five percent are smokers.

http://greenteanation.com/blogs/coffe/arch...12/04/2128.aspx

EGCG is from green tea extract :)

Yeah, I remember reading that. I think the context of power here is HDL/LDL. But I don't think green tea up regulates SIRT1, which is why resveratrol is making fish/rats/other species live 50% longer. As in they age slower, not just live longer on a deathbed.

Yeah, I remember reading that. I think the context of power here is HDL/LDL. But I don't think green tea up regulates SIRT1, which is why resveratrol is making fish/rats/other species live 50% longer. As in they age slower, not just live longer on a deathbed.

Do you think resveratrol would be an additional, yet very important benefit in taking? I want to know more

Do you think resveratrol would be an additional, yet very important benefit in taking? I want to know more

For acne, I don't know. It is an anti-inflammatory, but that's not why I'm taking it. I'm taking it because we share the metabolic mechanism (SIRT1) that is making all the tested species live longer. While the human studies aren't complete, it's very likely it has the same impact on our body. These studies are being carried out by labs at Harvard and other places, not some infomercial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resveratrol

The wikipedia article actually has a lot of good references. But notice that for humans, the equivalent dosage to replicate the animal studies is about 0.5 grams a day. Look at how much resveratrol is in grapes/wine. Just a few mg. So that's why the French haven't lived to be 130. You've got to supplement. And unfortunately, the cheapest right now runs at about $40/month (Biotest) for 300mg/day. If anyone finds cheaper, please let me know.

But a possible concern for the ladies is that resveratrol is a phytoestrogen. The problem is on the female side this time because this phytoestrogen only mimics the circulatory health benefits of estrogen, and nothing else (like down regulating testosterone for instance). Otherwise it likes to occupy estrogen receptors.

For acne, I don't know. It is an anti-inflammatory, but that's not why I'm taking it. I'm taking it because we share the metabolic mechanism (SIRT1) that is making all the tested species live longer. While the human studies aren't complete, it's very likely it has the same impact on our body. These studies are being carried out by labs at Harvard and other places, not some infomercial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resveratrol

The wikipedia article actually has a lot of good references. But notice that for humans, the equivalent dosage to replicate the animal studies is about 0.5 grams a day. Look at how much resveratrol is in grapes/wine. Just a few mg. So that's why the French haven't lived to be 130. You've got to supplement. And unfortunately, the cheapest right now runs at about $40/month (Biotest) for 300mg/day. If anyone finds cheaper, please let me know.

But a possible concern for the ladies is that resveratrol is a phytoestrogen. The problem is on the female side this time because this phytoestrogen only mimics the circulatory health benefits of estrogen, and nothing else (like down regulating testosterone for instance). Otherwise it likes to occupy estrogen receptors.

A very good read. It's a shame that it's the equivalent of $40/month at the moment. If I do find anything cheaper I will let you know. Thanks for sharing that with me by the way, I'm going to read more into this, it's very fascinating.

The green tea is still working for me so jay :D

Haha, I remember when you first started taking the pills!

Tell me how what's happening with you so far?

I know you don't take fish oil, so it won't influence your results in any way. So do tell and share!

The green tea is still working for me so jay :D

Haha, I remember when you first started taking the pills!

Tell me how what's happening with you so far?

I know you don't take fish oil, so it won't influence your results in any way. So do tell and share!

My face has never looked better :angel: A couple of weeks and all red spots should be gone I reckon

And I do take fish oil actually :shifty: For months now

Although last nights 2.5Liters of beer might have done some good on my skin :shifty:

how many out there are taking green tea suppliments and how much each day? also what kind of results have you had

I've seen posts on healthboards.com saying that green tea cleared their skin.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

I'm going to try this. Before I go out and buy this, is there any other supplement I should stock up on besides fish oil capsules?

how many out there are taking green tea suppliments and how much each day? also what kind of results have you had

1200MG a day , just some very light spots left after years and years of mild acne :dance:

Do you mean the postinflamatory marks of past acne or redness of current dying pimples?

Where I Was

Acne >>>>>>Cystic,nodule,papule

Red Marks>>>Deep red marks,specks and blotches

Scars>>>>>>Rolling,"thumb" indents,Scarred pores

Where I am Now

Acne >>>>>>Minimal

Red Marks>>>95% Clear

Scars>>>>>>Less visible but stil prevalent

My Cure

Acne >>>>>>Diet/Exercise,Supplements

Red Marks>>>Peels, exfoliation, time

Scars>>>>>>Still Searching

i've been taking the green tea capsules for less than a week and so far i can't tell any difference. I think it's too soon anyways, but i wanted to add the fish oil capsules. what type of fish oil do you get, where, brand, please fill me in!

i've been taking the green tea capsules for less than a week and so far i can't tell any difference. I think it's too soon anyways, but i wanted to add the fish oil capsules. what type of fish oil do you get, where, brand, please fill me in!

Post that question in the fish oil thread to get the best answer. I still am on my first bottle which is a member's mark from Sam's. It does the job, but I want something in liquid form now, which seems cheaper, and more of it.

And yes, things take more than a week to happen. As many things in life, it takes months to see bodily changes. A good example is working out. Let's say you work out and eat right for a good three months, it's only then will you begin to see changes. But with these, it takes less, about a month. Which is a good thing. So keep on keeping on and it will come in time, just go full force, and compliment green tea with efa's (fish) and good things will come, if not a cure, then at least better than where you were before hand

I've seen posts on healthboards.com saying that green tea cleared their skin.

Please try to find the thread and post it. It would be a great read and some inspiration!

Do you mean the postinflamatory marks of past acne or redness of current dying pimples?

I interpret it as good as you may, but from experience, it's always the marks from current drying actives that seem to go away faster, and the existing blemishes to stay and fade with time, or maybe a bit of both.

I'm going to try this. Before I go out and buy this, is there any other supplement I should stock up on besides fish oil capsules?

Not that I know of, but some people say evening prim rose oil, and flaxseed. But I am not doing that since I am mostly balancing my omega 3 to omega 6.

well you persuaded me I bought some of that green tea extract 100 pills at 400mg and i will take two daily to see if that helps. im gonna try it for a month if it works then your the man if it dont then oh well didnt cost too much.

well you persuaded me I bought some of that green tea extract 100 pills at 400mg and i will take two daily to see if that helps. im gonna try it for a month if it works then your the man if it dont then oh well didnt cost too much.

Good luck man, I hope it works for you, keep us updated on your results as a few days go by, and weeks, etc.

Since you have 100, take 3 a day and see if it starts up faster.

It'll last you exactly one month then :) And a few days.

Past acne marks ;)