Photo

Orange Juice

vitamin vitamins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 jason2323

jason2323

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

Is orange juice good or bad for acne? I have heard conflicting arguments... Vitamin C is good for the skin correct?!

#2 bber

bber

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(jason2323 @ Mar 2 2007, 09:25 PM) View Post
Is orange juice good or bad for acne? I have heard conflicting arguments... Vitamin C is good for the skin correct?!

Its really bad, It could kill you.
24-28 1g pills of fish oil since early Feb 07(approx 10g o3s)
30-35 1g pills since March 22(approx 15g)

#3 jason2323

jason2323

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:44 PM

Really?! Maybe they should ban it then rolleyes.gif

#4 jason2323

jason2323

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(Aloetta @ Mar 2 2007, 09:48 PM) View Post
HAHAHAHAHA... Seriously... Kill YA?...

I never heard anyone die from the stuff?...

In fact it's known to KILL some Virus.. sooooooo... perhaps, YA .. it does KILL something.. hahahaaa..

It's good for skin & wrinkles.maybe even scars... as it plumps up the Epidermal layers but only temporarily.. it has been incorporated in creams, lotions, scrubs... but ORANGE does come in FORMS like anything else...Oxidated or UnOXIDATED- Vitamin C complex is sort of good for skin.. but not for severe Acne in general..

That's what we're looking for on the TOPICAL LEVEL...

as Plain Orange Juice might be good for OILY SKIN TYPES - used as an absorbant toner only, but that's as far as it goes for PLAIN OL' ORANGE JUICE....

Hum... I see. Thank you

What about drinking it though smile.gif

#5 bber

bber

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:39 PM

It just seems to me too many people on this forum are suddenly afraid of food. You have acne, thats bad enough. Now you're gonna stop eating too? Enjoy your life brother, eat towards your goals(whatever those might be) and don't worry so much about your foods. Your kitchen isn't a battle ground, you're vegetables aren't trying to kill you. eusa_naughty.gif
24-28 1g pills of fish oil since early Feb 07(approx 10g o3s)
30-35 1g pills since March 22(approx 15g)

#6 Mandy Ann

Mandy Ann

Dick Laurent is Dead....

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 67
About Me

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(bber @ Mar 2 2007, 09:39 PM) View Post
It just seems to me too many people on this forum are suddenly afraid of food. You have acne, thats bad enough. Now you're gonna stop eating too? Enjoy your life brother, eat towards your goals(whatever those might be) and don't worry so much about your foods. Your kitchen isn't a battle ground, you're vegetables aren't trying to kill you. eusa_naughty.gif

You are so right. I have become terrified to eat anything lol.gif I was super thirsty and was too paranoid to drink my beloved orange juice sad.gif I got too paranoid to eat a piece of garlic bread today doubt.gif and I wouldn't finish my salad because I put too much dressing on it and thought it might break me out. gah

[sig-img:132]

Mandy's regimen
Finacea
Aspirin Masks often
Controlling Insulin Levels
Lots of supplements

my story
Feel free to visit my accutane log.

#7 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:53 PM

Paranoia and stress causes more oil secretion than actually eating the food you're worried about in my opinion. If you're worried about it, then just drink a little instead and have a peace of mind.

A stress free mind is a less oily face. werd =D

But yeah, the things you eat define the quality of your skin and complexion as well. Lack of nutrition shows up on your skin and makes it unhealthy.

But don't get scared of food. I've noticed more skinny people have acne than fat people. just a correlation, maybe it's because skinny people don't get enough nutrients and an abundance is far better than a deficit?

I'm just mumbling
Gone out of the country July 5th to August 5th

Finally Clear! < Click link for regimen
People always think the key to fighting acne is to avoid foods, but in actually it's usually what they're NOT eating that's causing it to happen. It made no sense to start with omitting the small things that MAY cause acne for SOME people. Start with the basics of nutrition. You're a human, not an accumulation of minor problems from every person! Not everyone reacts to the same foods. Not everyone has issues with wheat and such foods. Start with the basics of good nutrition and THEN see what happens, omit foods once you feel something is not working, but don't base a diet off of what to avoid, that will make you malnourished and very depressed when you have nothing left to eat! It is true that some people have issues with some foods, but remember, try it for yourself first :)

Get to the root of the problem, because acne has a relentless and endless arsenal on the surface and it is sadistic.

Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group. Omega 3 fatty acids can also help to keep the production of androgens under control. Androgens are hormones that influence sebum production and are particularly active during adolescence, which is possibly why many teenagers suffer from acne. Androgen excess may provoke or aggravate acne by inducing seborrhea (sebum). In women, androgen disorders are frequently suspected when acne is accompanied by hirsutism or irregularities of the menstrual cycle. In men, however, acne may be the only sign of androgen excess.

#8 Guest_j3ff86_*

Guest_j3ff86_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:56 PM

Like all juices, not nearly as good as the real fruit, but a hundred times better than "sunny delight" type stuff.

#9 xtr3m

xtr3m

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:39 AM

It's bad from the standpoint of blood sugar level. However not a while ago there was a guy here that was swearing by orange juice.

#10 ReiseReise

ReiseReise

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:41 AM

I would of said it was good for your skin, like you said it has lots of Vitamin C eusa_dance.gif but I guess posting in this forum has taught us all that everyone seems to have different breakout triggers ... if you think its breaking you out then stop drinking it, just you got to trust your own judgement on it.

#11 Legend

Legend

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:53 AM

Not acne.

But drinking a lot of juice may pack on a few lbs of fat.

#12 sephora28

sephora28

Beautiful Disaster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:52 AM

Oranges and tomatoes give me little red bumps all over my body if I eat too much, so I would say it is bad.
The euphoria happens so fast, but the forgetting happens so slow.

#13 Cyph31

Cyph31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:55 AM

unless you make your own in a juicer with no added sugar then avoid it and just eat oranges and mandarins instead

#14 Guest_Aloetta_*

Guest_Aloetta_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

LOL Sephora...

Okay YOU might be a RARE case.-- and have Allergy to some Fruits or Acids ..

Hmmm...

perhaps a milder Tone like WATERCRESS Juice...

Great for Acne Topically Applied as well as INJESTED...

Good luck...

LOL you remind me of my Sis w/ those Hives..................................... I think that's what the bumps & Redness is?

So you might have that Alergy reaction....& EXTRA Sentative SKIN..... OUCH!

#15 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:28 PM

Oranges are a common allergen. I figured out years ago that they were the trigger for the horrible cystic acne I used to get. And I've encountered several people that say the same thing. I've since been tested for several common allergens and am mildly allergic to oranges.

I will also breakout after having too much of other juices I wasn't tested for, recently guanaba and passion fruit. And it's hard to know how much is too much.

Also, it's always better to eat the whole fruit. I eat fruit all day everyday without it causing a problem. But I can't drink lemon in water all day or I'll break out.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#16 Mandy Ann

Mandy Ann

Dick Laurent is Dead....

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:29 PM

I'm actually drinking orange juice right now sad.gif Now im all paranoid lol.gif

Mandy's regimen
Finacea
Aspirin Masks often
Lots of supplements

my story

#17 Curious Sofa

Curious Sofa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:44 PM

I know some people break out from citrus. You could be one of them.

Juice bought in the store is not great. You'd be better off spending your money on a bag of oranges.

Why? Juice is pausterized so it's not as nutrient/enzyme dense. Plus, there's less fibre which slows down the absorption of sugar. And also, I know a bit about how those juice factories are run...lots of near-rotting oranges are thrown in and juiced. Not very appetizing.

#18 Mandy Ann

Mandy Ann

Dick Laurent is Dead....

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:45 PM

Maybe thats why my skin is so shitty right now.. I drink like 4 glasses of orange juice a day lol.gif I think i'll stop for a couple weeks and see what happens.

Mandy's regimen
Finacea
Aspirin Masks often
Lots of supplements

my story

#19 Guest_Mumblesorusjen_*

Guest_Mumblesorusjen_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE(jason2323 @ Mar 2 2007, 06:25 PM) View Post

well its okay in small amounts but according to my derm if you take alot it could effect acne and make it worse

#20 hanzuno

hanzuno

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:13 PM

I stopped drinking orange juice about 5 years ago, because every time i drink, cystic like pimples used to develop in about 3-4 days for me.