Photo

Aspirin Tea Mask

calcium magnesium green tea zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Barnabas

Barnabas

sara lee food scientist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:30 PM

Aspirin Tea Mask
Aspirin breaks down into a wonderful beta-hydroxy acid which is oil-soluble and excellent at penetrating pores beneath the sebum and dissolving/exfoliating dead skin cells. I combine it with the leaves from a bag of Green Tea, which is high in essential anti-oxidants that protect against harmful agents and stimulate circulation which is good for healing and skin tone. After I rinse this mask off, my skin is soft, bright, even-toned and fresh looking.

*CAUTION: If you are allergic to aspirin or salicylic acid, please don't use this. If you're wary or not sure if you are, do a test patch somewhere on your arm or something and see what happens.*

What You Need:
10 aspirin pills
1 bag of green tea
Water
Honey (strongly recommended) and/or jojoba oil

• It will be easier for you if you find uncoated aspirin because it will dissolve quicker in water. I can never find the stuff, though, so I take the aspirin pills, put them in a ziplock bag and use a broom handle (I know, ghettoooo lol) to roll over them and crush them up. You don't have to do it this way, but whatever way you find to help you crush them up is fine.
  • I put the crushed aspirin into a bowl. Then, I run a bag of green tea under warm water just enough to moisten it. I squeeze the water from that to start the paste making process. Then, I open up the bag and dump in the green tea leaves.
  • People find that just water and aspirin is difficult to work with because it crusts up easily and doesn't spread very well, so people use all sorts of things to help it along, including: honey, jojoba oil, clay powder, etc. My skin likes Jojoba oil, so I use it.
  • Use just enough of the honey and whatever else you're using to make a spreadable paste.
  • Then, you apply this to your face, let it sit for about 15 minutes, then rinse it off. Some people like to use it as a scrub while they're rinsing it off, so if you like scrubbing, go for it.
  • Finish it off with a couple splashes of cold water and then your toner and/or moisturizer if you use one.

Some notes:
Green Tea
Green tea is high in EGCG which is a powerful anti-oxidant, protecting your skin from harmful conditions. It also promotes circulation which is good for your skin.

Honey
Honey contains magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium chlorine, sulfur, iron and phosphate; vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6; copper, iodine and zinc (in small amounts). It's a good alternative to alpha hydroxy masks because of its acid content, yet is also good for sensitive skin. Its a natural antiseptic and also aids in healing the skin.

Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is made from the seed of the Jojoba plant. It's non-comedogenic and great for balancing your skin and moisturizing it.

Happy masking!

#2 castro

castro

cbizzzzzle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:45 AM

have you noticed any improvements, on your red marks? or just skin tone?

#3 Barnabas

Barnabas

sara lee food scientist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(castro @ Feb 28 2007, 01:45 AM) View Post
have you noticed any improvements, on your red marks? or just skin tone?

Well, my marks have been fading nicely, but, I only just started doing this regularly recently, and I do it in conjunction with my other stuff, so I'm not sure how much this is actually contributing to their fading--but as a treatment in general, especially if you have marks/uneven skin tone, I highly recommend it because it's definitely a big plus in my book--the aspirin's natural salicylic acid composition is a great exfoliator for revealing new skin beneath the dead tissue and the green tea's protective and circulatory benefits promote efficient healing.

I think this is a good treatment to have on hand as part of your regular skin arsenal.

#4 dog20

dog20

Si vis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war.

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:21 AM

You can buy uncoated aspirin at the 'dollar store/tree' or walmart. Where did you get the jojoba oil? How often do you do the mask?... everyday? thanks.

#5 Barnabas

Barnabas

sara lee food scientist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:40 AM

I got my last bottle of Jojoba oil at a health/organic food store/market. But, you can find really good deals for oil online, which is where I'm going to buy next. Also, I should say that it's best if you use honey with the Jojoba oil, because it is a little slippery--if you decide to use it at all.

I use this mask with different frequencies.. sometimes I do it every day, if my skin is looking dull, but I might do it every other day or only a couple times a week. It varies.

#6 dog20

dog20

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:03 PM

did you ever break out from the mask?

#7 Miha

Miha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:14 PM

How bad your red marks are?

#8 Barnabas

Barnabas

sara lee food scientist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(dog20 @ Feb 28 2007, 01:03 PM) View Post
did you ever break out from the mask?
No, this mask has never made me break out. If anything, it helps reduce the severity of any existing blemishes I have.

QUOTE(Miha @ Feb 28 2007, 01:14 PM) View Post
How bad your red marks are?
I've got some pretty dark acne marks. I have light tan skin and it's very prone to scarring--anything from a zit to a small scratch has a strong probability of leaving a mark on my skin. After years of persistent, moderate acne, my skin has taken a beating. Honestly, I never thought I would ever, ever, ever get rid of my acne marks.

I'm not saying that this mask will be the miracle cure you're looking for. But after switching to an all-natural cleansing method (called the Oil Cleansing Method; my post about it is here) and steadily using an all-natural concha nacar/mother of pearl cream by Perlop (my post about it here), my skin is now breakout free and gets the proper conditions it needs to heal. So in conjunction with my regimen/skin handling, this mask is one of my best friends.

#9 AnotherBob

AnotherBob

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:38 PM

Can you prepare that mask and leave it in the frig? for a week or something?
or it has to be used right away?

#10 Barnabas

Barnabas

sara lee food scientist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE(AnotherBob @ Feb 28 2007, 11:38 PM) View Post
Um, I guess you could, but I wouldn't recommend it. I know that the mask works when it's just freshly made and have no idea what the active components would do to each other sitting in the fridge for a week.

Just curious, is there any particular reason you'd have to make it in advance?

#11 AnotherBob

AnotherBob

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE(Barnabas @ Mar 1 2007, 08:10 AM) View Post
Um, I guess you could, but I wouldn't recommend it. I know that the mask works when it's just freshly made and have no idea what the active components would do to each other sitting in the fridge for a week.

No, hehe I just want to spend less time preparing it. I forgot to ask the same question about your AVC tonic, is it the same?

#12 Barnabas

Barnabas

sara lee food scientist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 47
About Me

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(AnotherBob @ Mar 1 2007, 08:14 AM) View Post

No, hehe I just want to spend less time preparing it. I forgot to ask the same question about your AVC tonic, is it the same?

The same about preparing it ahead of time? You can totally prepare the toner ahead of time. :) My recipe produces around 8oz and I keep it in an old Neutrogena toner bottle that I rinsed out and peeled the label off of and keep it in my medicine cabinet.

#13 AnotherBob

AnotherBob

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(Barnabas @ Mar 1 2007, 09:34 AM) View Post
QUOTE(AnotherBob @ Mar 1 2007, 08:14 AM) View Post

The same about preparing it ahead of time? You can totally prepare the toner ahead of time. smile.gif My recipe produces around 8oz and I keep it in an old Neutrogena toner bottle that I rinsed out and peeled the label off of and keep it in my medicine cabinet.

Thanks, I will try it when I have all the materials. smile.gif

#14 dog20

dog20

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:45 PM

keep me updated everyone who tries it

#15 freakNpink

freakNpink

Since 1987

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:58 PM

I love masks like this
I'm gonna try this after I get to the store..soon hopefully
Thxs for sharing! biggrin.gif

#16 b34r

b34r

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:57 AM

Hi, my first reply here.

I have light acné though, but the scars bother me the most. I am an Asian and I have about the same skin-color as Barnabas, but only a bit lighter.

I have now made this:
1200mg acetylsalicyclic acid with 720mg vitamin C from 3 aspirin tablets
A very little bit water
Jojoba oil
One capsule of Green Tea extract, is that ok? It's 300mg

Is this ok? Do you apply it over your whole face?

#17 PLONKER

PLONKER

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:43 AM

sounds interesting . I've really started to get into Asprin masks. I do have a question though. How long do you leave them on for and can you do them every day during outbreaks?

#18 playboy_if_it_had_not_been_acne

playboy_if_it_had_not_been_acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:44 AM

thats the most promising thing ive ever heard...
but
1.10 tablets is very vague idea....plz specify the milligrams!
2.when you say you dump the tea bag leaves....err where do you dump..in the paste or in the dustbin?
coz i think you are using the squeezed water from that bag....i am sorry if i sound dumb,but interpretations vary!
3.can you plz tell some help to remove the white spots left from vovacious acne...lol...but they appear like spots from LEUKODERMA...i mean just as an example of how te spot appears...the whiteness i mean?

thanks to you in advance dude...you rock!

#19 Guest_jessmc_*

Guest_jessmc_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

this sounds great! i'll probably try this next week.

i am not familiar with the aspirin thing but the rest of the mask sounds absolutely wonderful.

#20 annizz85

annizz85

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:43 AM

Hi I wonder if I can use another "medicine" that have Acetylsalicylsyra in it?
as magnecyl and treo? I dont know if you have that in USA..

/Anna