Photo

Concha Nacar Bleach Cream

calcium magnesium zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#1 Barnabas

Barnabas

sara lee food scientist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:50 AM

Concha Nacar Bleach Cream/Cream no.3

For extra deep cleaning of my pores, treating the occasional blemish, aiding in reducing the severity of post-acne marks and improving my skin tone, quality and texture in general, I use this all-natural cream called Concha Nacar, by a small Latin American company, which is a treatment that utilizes Mother of Pearl/Oyster Shell Powder, among a short list of only six, simple, great, natural ingredients that are beneficial to the skin. Mother of Pearl has been used by native Latin Americans and the Chinese for centuries for the treatment of an array of skin issues and general beautifying of the skin. I usually use this in the morning, but it's not rare that I use it at night before cleansing, either. In conjunction with the rest of my regimen, this cream is one of my best secret weapons in the fight against post-acne marks!

The Ingredients

• Oyster Shell Powder
    This is the mother of pearl. It contains calcium, minerals and amino acids that can be absorbed by the skin when applied topically. Native Mexican women for centuries have sworn by this ingredient for skin lightening, treating spots, blemishes, scars, removing impurities and cleansing pores.
  • Lemon Juice
    I think you guys already know about lemon juice.. but anyway, it contains antioxidants, vitamins A, C and E and is good for lightening dark spots and treating pimples.
  • Honey
    Honey contains magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium chlorine, sulfur, iron and phosphate; vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6; copper, iodine and zinc (in small amounts). It's a good alternative to alpha hydroxy masks because of its acid content, yet is also good for sensitive skin. Its a natural antiseptic and also aids in healing the skin.
  • Bentonite
    Volcanic ash! This is a leading substance that clay masks are made of. It's good for absorption, cleansing of the pores and exfoliation.
  • Papain
    This is a papaya fruit enzyme. Papaya is good for exfoliation by breaking down proteins to remove dead skin tissue and also its ability to heal.
  • Irish Moss
    This is a seaweed that grows along submerged rocks in the unpolluted Atlantic waters off of Ireland's coast. Sea weed is high in minerals and discharges toxins from the skin as well as increases circulation, making your skin soft and glowy and all of that other stuff we like.

I leave it on from 30 minutes to an hour and then rinse it off.

The best part is that it's only like $5 to $6 at WalMart! I don't know if all WalMarts have it, but from what I've seen/heard/read, they do. The placement varies depending on the store... sometimes it's with the ethnic products and other times it's with the regular face stuff. Just keep a keen eye.

Here's Perlop's page for the cream with the explanation of the ingredient list and a photo of it so you know what to look for at the store: http://perlop.com/product3.php

I hope this helps somebody!

#2 obarrera

obarrera

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:52 PM

Im about to buy some of this stuff(and the night cream) , I heard about it a while back but wasn't really sure what ingredients it had.

#3 JoshD

JoshD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:23 PM

I have this cream, but i'm afraid of it wacko.gif .... I'm afraid it will break me out...
Does anyone know if it makes one break out? or is it just like any other clay mask out there?
since it also contains salicylic acid

#4 sephora28

sephora28

Beautiful Disaster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

Hmm, no hydroquinone? I thought that is what made bleach cream, well, bleach. eusa_think.gif

#5 Barnabas

Barnabas

sara lee food scientist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(JoshD @ Mar 7 2007, 07:23 PM) View Post
I have this cream, but i'm afraid of it wacko.gif .... I'm afraid it will break me out...
Does anyone know if it makes one break out? or is it just like any other clay mask out there?
since it also contains salicylic acid

This product does not contain salicylic acid. Read the ingredients list. Those are all natural ingredients that will not break you out.

QUOTE(sephora28 @ Mar 7 2007, 08:40 PM) View Post
Hmm, no hydroquinone? I thought that is what made bleach cream, well, bleach. eusa_think.gif

No, hydroquinone is just one of many skin lightening agents used. To be honest with you, hydroquinone is not a bleach. It's a melanin inhibitor. Different products use the word "bleach" to mean different things.

#6 JoshD

JoshD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:27 PM

It does contain salicylic acid... It's one of the last ingredients... on the box
right after IRISH MOSS POWDER

either way... i'm gonna try it

#7 Barnabas

Barnabas

sara lee food scientist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE(JoshD @ Mar 8 2007, 12:27 AM) View Post
It does contain salicylic acid... It's one of the last ingredients... on the box
right after IRISH MOSS POWDER

either way... i'm gonna try it

Are you sure you're looking at the same product? Because the one I use by Perlop doesn't contain salicylic acid.

#8 obarrera

obarrera

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:19 PM

I believe it also has fragrance, it said that on the box.

#9 JJRed4

JJRed4

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:51 PM

Barnabas, thanks for posting this....I need some serious help with my redmarks...Ive had them for a year now and NOTHING has helped...would this help you think? (im a white male with red/pinkish marks)

Thanks so much

#10 jooo

jooo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

i don't know where to find it in nyc... does anybody know?

^ sorry, i reread the thread. i'll look at walmart.

#11 iCogito

iCogito

nobody's little weasel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

Sorry. I had no idea the topic about this cream exists. So I created the other one.

Yes, I like it. I ordred some just 2 days ago. I used to buy it at Walmart but now they don't sell them. So I ordered 2 jars from Amazon..since shipping costs like 1jar. I would put it on my wet face EVERY evening..and leave it on for an hour AT LEAST or even more. After 2 weeks u can see dramatic results. I remember I woke one morning, washed my face and was like,,,"wait I had a red mark here, where is it?" So,yea..The Vitamin C serum I use is pretty good. My texture is nicer and some marks are better, but it's been almost 3 weeks and no dramatic results. So,yes, I recommend this cream. I actually want to try their day cream too.

#12 dsrfgsertwe

dsrfgsertwe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

BUMP!

Just wanted to say I use this and it's awesome.

#13 Harvard

Harvard

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:35 PM

Sounds pretty good I guess I'll try it, Apple Cider Vinegar hasn't been doing much for me. Where can I purchase this? Do they still sell it at Walmart? I searched several websites, Giant, Rite-Aid, CVS, etc. They don't have it, was wondering where I could buy it in stores? or if worse comes to worse order it online from a reliable source (Amazon) was the only option. Thanks!

#14 fio

fio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

this cream is the reason my acne worsen. tiny lttle bumps started appearing within a week while using the cream. it happend to someone else i kno too. so i dont know. do your research first.

#15 Harvard

Harvard

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

i don't really have acne
just red marks/brown marks
so I don't think it can make nothing worse
well that's for me, I still want to try it

#16 senshiminako

senshiminako

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (yesyesyall @ Oct 27 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds pretty good I guess I'll try it, Apple Cider Vinegar hasn't been doing much for me. Where can I purchase this? Do they still sell it at Walmart? I searched several websites, Giant, Rite-Aid, CVS, etc. They don't have it, was wondering where I could buy it in stores? or if worse comes to worse order it online from a reliable source (Amazon) was the only option. Thanks!

you can buy this from cvs in the hispanic skin care isle. They have a bunch of cool hispanic brand beauty products at cvs now.

#17 Harvard

Harvard

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:15 PM

Thanks!!!!!

#18 sid99

sid99

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:01 AM

If its a "bleach" cream does it mean the effects are temporary??

#19 Harvard

Harvard

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:54 AM

na man this is really fading my scars
it's helping my overall complexion and fading scars
when the scars gone it's gone
what's temporary?
but a lot of people break out from this, i didnt break out
it's the best for me!!!

#20 Harvard

Harvard

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:21 AM

WOW THIS REALLY WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!