Photo

Apple Cider Vinegar + Green Tea

green tea red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Barnabas

Barnabas

sara lee food scientist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:28 PM

Tom's Alternative ACV Toner
Yield, 8oz

Apple Cider Vinegar contains natural acids that exfoliate and renew skin. It's supposed to be good for controlling excess oil, gradually reducing the appearance of post-acne red marks, drying out pimples and evening your skin tone in general. I know that many people in the Red Marks forum on Acne.org sweeeaaar by this stuff, so I gave it a shot.

You're supposed to dilute it in water, the ratios vary but the most popular ones are 1:3 parts ACV to water and 1:1 parts ACV to water. I know some people worked their way up to pure ACV, but I think that would be way too drying to my skin... plus, the old sock smell would be unbearably more disgusting than the diluted version. Here's my recipe:

What You Need:
4oz Apple Cider Vinegar
4oz Water
4 bags of Green Tea
1 bag of Chamomile Tea
10-15 drops of Tea Tree oil
10-15 drops of Jojoba oil
8oz container/dispense
10 plain aspirin pills

Directions:
  • Pour the Apple Cider Vinger into the container of your choice.
  • Heat the water to a boil, set aside and steep the tea bags in it for at least 30 minutes. When cool, remove tea bags and be sure to squeeze them (your own washed fingers work best) to get the trapped bit of tea liquid out. Add to the ACV.
  • Add the Tea Tree oil and Jojoba oil. The 10-15 drops is just a basic amount... add more or less to your liking.
  • Crush the aspirin pills into a fine powder and mix well into toner. Strain the toner through a strainer or mesh coffee filter to filter out the left-over aspirin bits.
  • Shake your container good to mix it all up.
After cleansing, apply this toner; after it dries, apply your moisturizer if you use one.

Notes
You should try to get 100% green tea and chamomile.. if it says all natural on the box, you're good to go. Stay away from stuff with additives like flavorings.

Green Tea is high in antioxidants and Chamomile tea is known for its calming nature.

Tea Tree oil is a disinfectant, anti-fungal and good for treating acne. Jojoba oil is easy to absorb, is non-comedogenic and is remarkably similar to the sebum your skin naturally creates. You can try different oils if you're feeling creative. Another alternative is Grapeseed oil--it's light, easy to absorb, has astringent properties and is good for oily/acne prone skin. Emu oil is another option; it's reported to be good for acne, irritation and healing/fading scars and marks. A simple google search on essential oils or carrier oils profiles will bring up good resources for looking up what type of oils do what.

The green tea, chamomile tea and tea tree oil really help mask that horrendous odor (which does go away after several minutes). Be conscious when you first apply this stuff! I did not prepare myself for it and the first time I used it I did way too much sniffing and the smell made me dizzy!--lmao

Also, if this is irritating to your skin, try using less ACV and more the tea water.

Good luck to you if you decide to try this!

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#2 *Rebecca*

*Rebecca*

Satur9, How I'd love to make you mine..

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:06 PM

i have read about using green tea and some ppl have. i use to make tea masks using the grains and i must say it really makes the skin soft and supple. so adding green tea is a very good idea bc of the antioxidants and caffeine content, the caffeine is good because it helps tighten the skin reducing the appearance of pores and wrinkles.

#3 Barnabas

Barnabas

sara lee food scientist.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:22 AM

I've never heard of doing a tea mask! That sounds like a neat idea. I really love natural remedies.
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#4 *Rebecca*

*Rebecca*

Satur9, How I'd love to make you mine..

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

me2 smile.gif well i made up the tea mask thing i just figured that if tea was good for you and ppl use it as a toner then I might as well out the grains to good use too. I usually took the warm tea bags opened them up in a bowl and added honey this way when the grain begin to dry they dont get everywhere. I haven't done it ina while but it worked well and I made some posts but no1 took it seriously sad.gif

PS. you dont need tyo crush the aspirin adding them to the ACV will make them dissolve almost instantly.

#5 xNASH

xNASH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:21 PM

hi, this is my first post in this message board but i've been viewing for a long time.I've been on the acv/aspirin toner and I've heard alot about green tea...Im planing on using this toner cuz i think it sounds like a wonderful mix, but i was wondering wouldnt the green tea get moldy after a while?

#6 Vulgaris

Vulgaris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:13 PM

As far as green tea goes, I drink 1-3 cups a day, with honey (locally made, raw, unfiltered, unprocessed), steep for about 3 minutes, take the bag out in press it gently in sections all over my face. White tea works this way as well (same plant, it's just harvested earlier in the year when the tree is still budding, and contains a higher concentration of antioxidants). ACV I use topically after steaming and then massaging my face.

None of these things, to my knowledge, prevent acne from developing on my skin, but they certainly help with a healthy complexion and reducing red marks and blemishes.

#7 clankfu

clankfu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:47 AM

Do you have to refrigerate this after each use? Also, do you use it until it runs out or to you make a new batch every so often?

#8 clankfu

clankfu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:27 PM

Anybody? I'm wondering if it's ok to refrigerate the ACV/green tea -- reason being, I figure the green tea portion could mold or go bad. Also, do you guys use it until it runs out or do you switch the batch out on a weekly basis?

#9 Namaste

Namaste

Don't Overlook Simplicity & Patience

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

I use a mixture of ACV and green tea, and I don't refrigerate it nor have i come across mold growth. I generally use my 6oz batch until it runs out.
"They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." -Andy Warhol

#10 MARYGRASS

MARYGRASS

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

iv'e been doing this regime for say about 2 weeks and i have noticed a little improvement on my red marks clumped on one side of my cheeks but how long does it take for it to completely fade? eusa_think.gif

#11 Guest_missyjean130_*

Guest_missyjean130_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:55 AM

So the jojoba and tea tree mix together and doesn't just sit on top of the product?

Has anyone noticed a reduction in blackheads using this method?

#12 Guest_jessmc_*

Guest_jessmc_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

i love tea tree oil but i'm never sure how to put it on my face, i mostly use it for first aid such as cuts and rashes on my body. there is tea tree oil in my face wash and in one of the masks i use. i use jojoba oil on my face to moisturize, clear pores, and control oily skin.

putting these in my acv toner sounds like a good idea.

i was also wondering about the green tea staying fresh in the toner so i'm glad some of you mentioned that you haven't experienced that. i'm going to use green tea as the base when i make a new batch.

i am not sure about why you are adding aspirin?

i'm going to use acv, green tea base, a few drops of tea tree oil, and a few drops of jojoba oil.

i have been looking for a toner to use in the morning that doesn't have a strong smell. i am hoping this will do the trick. maybe using coconut oil instead of the jojoba will smell better? i have no idea if coconut oil actually smells like coconut?

thanks for posting your brew.

#13 squarebed

squarebed

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:18 AM

this sounds great!

does the aspirin act as a preservative so i don't have to keep it in the fridge?

#14 Dreamlify

Dreamlify

WishToBeClear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:28 PM

I have got a quesiton i went to the Vinegar(as a tropical) review website: http://www.acne.org/...s/30/page2.html

I saw few ppl with terrible outbreak from ACV after using it for sometime.

I am really scare. Could anyone please explain this?? Please.

Cos we only see ppl say how things got worsen but we duno whats is the reall thing behind it. I dun mind acne now, but what they mentioned was acne pimple which they dun normally have.

I am belwilderd thinking is it their face bacteria pH was so used to the tropical rememdy that the evil bacteria got used and immuned to it. If thats the case i dont even dare to think of the long term consequences.
OR i am thinking could it be due to the over dryingness which normall their skin is oily instead thus the pimple popping out is of diffferent pattern also which is why they claim that the pimple they outbreak with is not they usually get?

Please help. sad.gif

[sig-img:580]

People says beauty is only skin deep,
looks can be deceiving,
but forgotten that most people are just this shallow.

"People who bother, doesn't matters. People who matters, doesn't bother." :)

#15 kaykillahh

kaykillahh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:45 AM

i just started using this home-made toner tonight; instead of adding the oils and chamomile tea, i just used 50:50 of apple cider vinegar:green tea. ehhh, i did not use organic apple cider vinegar though, so i am a little weary of that. i will probably purchase the organic acv tomorrow, but until then, i hope that what i have will do. hopefully, it will not worsen my acne; that would make me real sad! >.< haha. but, i really love how creative you got with the toner. it sounds like it would be amazing for the skin! :)
but back to the organic apple cider vinegar: every website that i have checked out about acv states that you "must use organic apple cider vinegar that contains the "mother", because the non-organic brands contain chemicals that your body can absorb yaddayaddayadda..."
did you use organic acv?
on the other hand, i read a review about store brand acv vs. organic acv, and the reviewer only said that store brand acv is just harsher than organic acv. but i suppose that it is harsher due to the chemicals?
i purchased whitehouse all natural apple cider vinegar. the "all natural" got me, but now i am concerned because it is not certified organic. but ahhh well. also, i applied the toner for the first time about three hours ago, and already i can see a change in my skin; so maybe it will not break me out, but who knows :p

okayokay, i am done rambling now, haha.
:)

#16 ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (kaykillahh @ Jun 19 2011, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i just started using this home-made toner tonight; instead of adding the oils and chamomile tea, i just used 50:50 of apple cider vinegar:green tea. ehhh, i did not use organic apple cider vinegar though, so i am a little weary of that. i will probably purchase the organic acv tomorrow, but until then, i hope that what i have will do. hopefully, it will not worsen my acne; that would make me real sad! >.< haha. but, i really love how creative you got with the toner. it sounds like it would be amazing for the skin! smile.gif
but back to the organic apple cider vinegar: every website that i have checked out about acv states that you "must use organic apple cider vinegar that contains the "mother", because the non-organic brands contain chemicals that your body can absorb yaddayaddayadda..."
did you use organic acv?
on the other hand, i read a review about store brand acv vs. organic acv, and the reviewer only said that store brand acv is just harsher than organic acv. but i suppose that it is harsher due to the chemicals?
i purchased whitehouse all natural apple cider vinegar. the "all natural" got me, but now i am concerned because it is not certified organic. but ahhh well. also, i applied the toner for the first time about three hours ago, and already i can see a change in my skin; so maybe it will not break me out, but who knows tongue.gif

okayokay, i am done rambling now, haha.
smile.gif

I switched from using store brand ACV to Bragg's organic ACV, and I already see a difference in two days. It's less harsh and seems to work better.