Photo

The OIL CLEANSING METHOD (Highly Recommended!)

green tea makeup oily skin

440 replies to this topic

#41 sgxyo3man

sgxyo3man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:10 AM

Yeah, I applied castor oil to my face about 2 weeks ago and it ruined me. How could this work for anyone?

#42 Mikey06

Mikey06

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:16 PM

I've been looking this method up since I might give it a try. I found a site that you can buy a bottle of the oils all ready mixed together. Anyone ever use this one or other ones that may be out there that are already mixed together?

http://www.moogoo.co...ategory13_1.htm

Also, which of the oils would be best to replace jojoba since I'm scared to use it from all the talk that it breaks people out? I have semi oily/acne prone skin.

#43 Mikey06

Mikey06

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:43 AM

Well I got some castro oil/EVOO today and I just got done trying it. I'm just reall confused on a few things.

1. When you first massage your oil mixture onto your face how long do you keep massaging or wait to put the washcloth over your face?(I didn't do the washcloth part...I steamed in the shower.)

2. I read that your suppose to steam your face, then wipe off the oil and do that a couple of times. Well I did that but my skin still felt a little oily. Is that ok or how it's suppose to be?(I figure it is cause I dout a washcloth would get all that off) I used my DKR cleanser after that to get off the oily feeling which made my face dry so I didn't get the results I was suppose to. Aslo, since I'm doing this in the shower how long should I steam my face before I wipe it off?

#44 Fuzion

Fuzion

Veteran

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE(Mikey06 @ Aug 31 2007, 02:43 AM) View Post
Well I got some castro oil/EVOO today and I just got done trying it. I'm just reall confused on a few things.

1. When you first massage your oil mixture onto your face how long do you keep massaging or wait to put the washcloth over your face?(I didn't do the washcloth part...I steamed in the shower.)

2. I read that your suppose to steam your face, then wipe off the oil and do that a couple of times. Well I did that but my skin still felt a little oily. Is that ok or how it's suppose to be?(I figure it is cause I dout a washcloth would get all that off) I used my DKR cleanser after that to get off the oily feeling which made my face dry so I didn't get the results I was suppose to. Aslo, since I'm doing this in the shower how long should I steam my face before I wipe it off?

I am pretty new to the OCM thing as well but I will try to help you out.

1) I just massage for about a minute and then heat the washcloth and put it over my face to steam out my pores. I put the washcloth on each side of my face 2-3 times until I get most of the oil off.

2) Your face will feel really oily no matter how many times you wipe it in the shower. It is only when I get out and towel off that it feels clean and that you have gotten all the oil off. You really shouldn't use a cleanser after doing OCM because the whole point of OCM is to not strip your face of natural oils, and that is what cleansers like the DKR product will do.

#45 Mikey06

Mikey06

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

Do you use olive oil? If so can you feel the oil in your skin afterwards and the next day? My face isn't oily right now but it feels like theres oil underneith and my skins tight(I used the baby brush/DKR cleaner this mornign so the tightness is partly because of that). I think I let the oil sit on my face for to long before I steamed. I usually use a baby brush on my face every day and use DKR cleanser after that. I read on another site that if you do the OCM at night you should onyl have to clean your face with warm water the next morning which I'm not sure if that would be enough. I'd like to get a different oil to replace the olive oil and possibly add a little tee tree oil in the mix. I think the olive oil maybe to thick for me but I have no idea how thck the other oils are that can be used so idk.

#46 Fuzion

Fuzion

Veteran

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(Mikey06 @ Aug 31 2007, 04:28 PM) View Post
Do you use olive oil? If so can you feel the oil in your skin afterwards and the next day? My face isn't oily right now but it feels like theres oil underneith and my skins tight(I used the baby brush/DKR cleaner this mornign so the tightness is partly because of that). I think I let the oil sit on my face for to long before I steamed. I usually use a baby brush on my face every day and use DKR cleanser after that. I read on another site that if you do the OCM at night you should onyl have to clean your face with warm water the next morning which I'm not sure if that would be enough. I'd like to get a different oil to replace the olive oil and possibly add a little tee tree oil in the mix. I think the olive oil maybe to thick for me but I have no idea how thck the other oils are that can be used so idk.

Yes I am using extra virgin olive oil at the moment. Yes it is very thick and I am checking out other options as well. I am looking into getting almond oil or sunflower seed oil, I have heard they are good. If you really want to get full effect from the method you really should stop using other cleansers, that kinda defeats the purpose of doing the OCM. I do the OCM at night and then in the morning I just wash with warm water and shave. That is what is causing my breakouts, the shaving part. All other areas of my face are clear from using AHA and now the OCM method. Once I find a good shave cream that doesnt irritate my skin hopefully I will be 100% clear.

#47 Red Grapes

Red Grapes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:30 AM

Bump for this method. I've only been using it for about 2 weeks, but it's working very nicely so far. I still have to get my perfect oil mixture down. I want to switch from olive oil to grapeseed or jojoba oil, but I can't find grapeseed oil and jojoba oil is pretty expensive.

I think a few people complained about this method breaking them out in two or three days after they started it. If that's the case, it wasn't the OCM that caused your breakouts. Acne does not form overnight. It takes 2-3 weeks to form.

#48 crazygamar

crazygamar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:46 PM

I think im going to try this. I have to run into the natural foods store to pick up a shave cream and I think I could probably find the oils there. Im going to try Castor and Grape seed oil because I have dry skin thanks to traditional cleansers....they always dry me out and then the moisturizers clog my pores, haha, its a never ending cycle.

Thanks for this great post though, hopefully this will help me smile.gif

#49 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE(Barnabas @ Feb 28 2007, 05:11 PM) View Post
Actually, the OCM works GREAT for people with oily skin, too...My skin is incredibly, horribly, outrageously oily and the OCM works wonders to balance it out and actually prevent excess oil. When you use the proper oil, your skin will be properly moisturized and cease producing excess sebum. Actually, Jojoba oil is wonderful for this very purpose because it is non-comedogenic and closely resembles the skin's natural sebum in composition, so by cleansing with it, your skin eventually begins to think that it is already well fortified and stop producing more oil.

That reasoning is pure rubbish, because your skin doesn't work that way. Sebum is produced continuously, without regard to what's sitting on the surface. You should know bettter than to repeat that nonsense.

#50 volatile_vixen

volatile_vixen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me
  • Interests:I live in Jersey in a small tourist town. Currently, I work at a book store and I loooove it! So, if you ever need a recommendation on what to read, ask!<br /><br />Art is my everything. I love painting, making jewelry, and studying fashion. <br /><br />I'm at a difficult point in my life right now because my grandfather passed away this year and I'm coming to the end of my final year in high school. My family wants me to be a doctor and that's not what I really want to do...bit of an issue I guess.<br /><br />Anyway, I love this site and I really hope the advice I give out helps!

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(bryan @ Dec 12 2007, 02:01 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Barnabas @ Feb 28 2007, 05:11 PM) View Post
Actually, the OCM works GREAT for people with oily skin, too...My skin is incredibly, horribly, outrageously oily and the OCM works wonders to balance it out and actually prevent excess oil. When you use the proper oil, your skin will be properly moisturized and cease producing excess sebum. Actually, Jojoba oil is wonderful for this very purpose because it is non-comedogenic and closely resembles the skin's natural sebum in composition, so by cleansing with it, your skin eventually begins to think that it is already well fortified and stop producing more oil.

That reasoning is pure rubbish, because your skin doesn't work that way. Sebum is produced continuously, without regard to what's sitting on the surface. You should know bettter than to repeat that nonsense.

Is there any SCIENTIST or DOCTOR who says that rubbing your face with oil will help? Because I've tried DRYING my face and using lots of moisturizing products and there's no difference...my skin is still oily as hell.

#51 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(volatile_vixen @ Dec 14 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post
Is there any SCIENTIST or DOCTOR who says that rubbing your face with oil will help? Because I've tried DRYING my face and using lots of moisturizing products and there's no difference...my skin is still oily as hell.

I don't think you'll find any reputable doctor or scientist saying that, because it goes against what we know about sebaceous gland physiology.

#52 volatile_vixen

volatile_vixen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me
  • Interests:I live in Jersey in a small tourist town. Currently, I work at a book store and I loooove it! So, if you ever need a recommendation on what to read, ask!<br /><br />Art is my everything. I love painting, making jewelry, and studying fashion. <br /><br />I'm at a difficult point in my life right now because my grandfather passed away this year and I'm coming to the end of my final year in high school. My family wants me to be a doctor and that's not what I really want to do...bit of an issue I guess.<br /><br />Anyway, I love this site and I really hope the advice I give out helps!

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(bryan @ Dec 15 2007, 09:16 PM) View Post
QUOTE(volatile_vixen @ Dec 14 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

I don't think you'll find any reputable doctor or scientist saying that, because it goes against what we know about sebaceous gland physiology.

I agree with you. So what CAN we do to get rid of some of the oil our skin produces? Because I've tried everything. Have you done anything that has helped you? I know you do those sebum gland tests.

#53 crazygamar

crazygamar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:27 PM

Well I dont know how to actually get rid of the oil, like stop it from producing, I dont think thats possible....But you could always try a mattifying moisturizer. I used to use one back when I had oily skin, now that winters here though my skin is all dried out again so I dont have to worry about the shine or oil slick.

Anywho, if you dont know what they are, they're basically moisturizers with added ingredients that help to absorb excess oil and also help cut down on the shine. They always worked great for me smile.gif

#54 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE(volatile_vixen @ Dec 15 2007, 08:38 PM) View Post
I agree with you. So what CAN we do to get rid of some of the oil our skin produces? Because I've tried everything. Have you done anything that has helped you? I know you do those sebum gland tests.

Probably the best advice is that given by the previous poster, who recommended the so-called "mattifying" products. They don't actually affect the true production rate of sebum, but they'll at least help absorb it, giving the cosmetic appearance of less sebum.

You might want to see something I posted several days ago in this same forum, in which I discussed the various (limited) options we have in reducing the true production rate of sebum within our sebaceous glands. To really accomplish that at all requires a true drug or hormonal approach, and there just aren't very many options available for that. Accutane will certainly do it, at least temporarily, but everybody knows how nasty that stuff is. Estrogens and antiandrogens will do it, too, but those have to be used with great caution, especially in men. You could try experimenting with topical spironolactone, which is safe for both men and women, but it appears to be only marginally effective at reducing sebum, and requires a doctor's prescription. Certain other topical antiandrogens like 17a-propylmesterolone and RU58841 are considerably more effective than spiro, but they aren't commercially available yet. They're experimental drugs.

One thing you could try is to wash your face regularly with Nizoral Shampoo. In one small study from a few years ago, it appeared to reduce the size of sebaceous glands in the scalp by about 20% when used as a shampoo. It might even be a little more effective than THAT if you use it on your face, considering that you'd be likely to use it more often as a daily face-wash than as a shampoo. Keep in mind that this is still an experimental treatment, and should be used with caution. Nizoral Shampoo is pretty strong stuff, and _may_ cause other unintended problems like irritation.

#55 Critical_impact

Critical_impact

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:59 AM

Been using this for around 2 weeks. At first, I did break out in a couple of places. First time I tried with just Jobaba and I had these weird red bumps. So I stopped doing it, then went back to after getting Castor, Grape and Tea Tree.
I use a combo of 50% Castor, 25% Jobaba, 25% Grape and a drop of Tea Tree.
So far, I'm certainly not breaking out and it seems to be holding up as a cleanser and keeping me at the same clearness level when compared to Dan's cleanser.

My blackheads are certainly becoming less visible.
I have weird bumps on my forehead that I've had for a while even on Dan's Cleanser. No idea what they are. OCM seems to get rid of them a bit but If I scratch at one of the bumps oil comes out, which is really disgusting lol.

After using the OCM I put on Dan's Peroxide stuff and leave it at that. Havent been out much with due to holidays but I find I'm not that oily for around 6-8 hours. I'm finding my face is not as red either.

One question for you people doing it, how much oil should I be trying to use. I'm trying to keep my ratio for each oil specific but I have no idea if I'm using too much. Normally with all the oils combined it's probably around 5ml I think.

To all the neigh sayers, It does actually seem to work.

#56 YoungJaeRome

YoungJaeRome

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:35 AM

I have a question just to ease my mind. I started using this and a few red spots showed up.is that just my skin detoxifying? its not like serious

#57 TheHumanEquation

TheHumanEquation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:24 AM

how often should this be done?
is it a once-a-week type of thing?

#58 pocahontas21

pocahontas21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (TheHumanEquation @ Jan 10 2008, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do this method everyday morning and evening and I'm still getting amazing results from it. I have heard that some people only do it once a week or so...

i just don't want to irritate my skin with a bunch of diff. things so I'm sticking with the oils because it's simpler that way. smile.gif

#59 TheHumanEquation

TheHumanEquation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (pocahontas21 @ Jan 11 2008, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TheHumanEquation @ Jan 10 2008, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do this method everyday morning and evening and I'm still getting amazing results from it. I have heard that some people only do it once a week or so...

i just don't want to irritate my skin with a bunch of diff. things so I'm sticking with the oils because it's simpler that way. smile.gif

Oh wow, I didn't realize this method is supposed to act as a replacement cleanser.
And it's working for you?

#60 ImOily

ImOily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (bryan @ Dec 15 2007, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (volatile_vixen @ Dec 14 2007, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Vixen you can wash the oil off your face every hour it will come back at the SAME level. Applying lotion isnt gonna do a darn thing but add to the goop. Glad you are one of the few who realize this.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users