Photo

The OIL CLEANSING METHOD (Highly Recommended!)

green tea makeup oily skin

449 replies to this topic

#441 salhi

salhi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

Thank you 

#442 Ville80

Ville80

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:snowboarding, weight training, running, basketball, football, my Maxima

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

I have been doing this occasionally and have see great results. As I massage my face I can feel all the dead skin, blackheads, dirt, grit, etc coming out. I have used roughly 40% castor 60% EVOO and some drops of tea tree. I also dap tea tree directly on breakouts once in a while.

Just put together a new concoction. roughly 30& castor, 50% EVOO, 10% sweet almond, 10% jojoba, plus tea tree, geranium, lavender, and eucalyptus. 

Lavender is supposed to work wonders for all skin types.

My wife has suffered her worst acne during and after her first pregnancy. She finally gave in to trying oil after seeing my progress. Using castor, EVOO, jojoba, and tea tree she looks amazing.

tonight I also made our first homemade moisturizer. found the recipe on livestrong http://www.livestron...ce-moisturizer/ I quadrupled the amounts to fill 2 baby food jars. I substituted some jojoba for 1/4 of the almond oil. I added extra vitamin E, lavender, geranium, lemongrass, and eucalyptus. took about an hour, but way cheaper than anything I've found trying to avoid dangerous chemicals.

Edited by Ville80, 12 May 2014 - 09:02 PM.

#443 paristerese

paristerese

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:15 AM

Hello, it's really great you've have so much success. I'm seriously so happy for you. I have moderate acne and tried this 2 weeks ago after much research. I used jojoba, sunflower and castor oils and all went well for the first week. Now, I have more cystic pimples and small bumps under the skin. Frustrating, so I've decided to stop the OCM. Be wary if you try it, works wonderfully for some, horribly for others. Good luck! 

#444 Melody0104

Melody0104

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

What do use as your daily facial cleanser?

#445 ebmanuel

ebmanuel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

I have somewhat sensitive skin with mild acne. I have been doing the OCM for 2 months now. I started with 25% castor oil, 75% expeller pressed Sunflower seed oil, & a few drops of tea tree. I bought all of this at Natural Grocers. I applied it every night, steamed it a few times with a wash rag and then gently wiped it off. I would follow with rosewater as a toner and Simple moisturizer. The first couple weeks, my face looked fabulous! Smooth and bright. It cleared considerably. I would get a small pimple here and there, but that was nothing out of the ordinary. I felt like the OCM was really working.

Now, 2 months later, I am not sure! I have these red rashy patches on my chin. The started happening just a couple weeks ago. They are very small red pimples that accumulate on my chin and do not go away. They are numerous and close to each other so they look like red patches. Plus, I am getting small whiteheads a few times a week. The steaming helps draw the fluids away, but then they just turn into small red zits around my mouth and chin. Basically, the problem area is 90% around the mouth and chin.

I am also getting a couple random small red pimples on my forehead that never seem to come to a head. I don't usually ever break out on my forehead. The texture of my skin has seem to have gotten more bumpy or rough, just around my jaw and mouth/chin. My skin isn't dry, but there seem to be a lot more little bumps or what some people call comedones.

I have changed my formula ratio to 6:1...6 tbsp of sunflower seed, 1 tbsp of castor oil and no tea tree oil. I have stopped using the rosewater as well. I only use the oil mix a few times a week and clean my face with my Aveeno foaming cleanser & a moisturizer in between. My skin is a little better, the patches have decreased a tiny bit, but they are still there. I was hopeful for this OCM, but it has ultimately (after 2 months) made my face a bit worse. Perhaps I was doing too much? It seems my skin responds better with the "less is more" concept.

Now, I have these red, patchy breakouts just a couple days before my wedding!!! I haven't used the OCM all week and am afraid it will just get worse. I am not sure if I should continue use with the new ratio (after the wedding) I mentioned or just quit OCM all together?? Any advice? Should I switch oils? Get rid of castor oil? Only use jojoba or maybe avocado? I have researched and read a lot, but there is so much out there that I am not sure what to do next.

#446 IScarletRoseI

IScarletRoseI

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Which oils are best for red acne marks? Both of my cheeks are filled with them and I don't know what to do about it. I got rid of most of my acne with benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin lotion, apple cider vinegar and moisturizing with extra virgin olive oil. Should I continue using olive oil? Would it help?

#447 samantha6

samantha6

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:09 AM

For anyone that has acne, mild to severe, Retin-A Cream, washing twice a day gently with your hands, using a cleanser (non-medicated or medicated like BHA) and a non-comedogenic, oil-free moisturizer with an SPF of at least 15 is the way to go. This is the Gold Standard treatment for acne, wrinkles and general skin health. 

#448 samantha6

samantha6

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

The reason oil cleansing causes many people's acne to get worse, is because you are putting oil on your skin, which is not recommended for oily/acne prone skin.  Oil is the root cause of acne - period. Bacteria and excess skin cells cannot alone - cause acne. 

Another reason people's acne gets worse while using oil to 'wash' their face, is because after putting the oil on the skin, they are told to 'steam' the face with a hot washcloth. This steaming, essentially pushes the oil into the pores, which can cause clogged pores.

Yet another reason why acne can get worse on this method, is that using a washcloth is horrific for acne prone skins, it is an irritant and causes inflammation. Acne is an inflammatory condition, the last thing you want to do is inflame it more.

A final reason that washing with just oil can make acne worse, is that the oil does not kill bacteria, like even the most basic surfactant based cleanser would. 

Oil may dissolve oil, and may help with those 'plugs' that some people get within the pore, but if you are using Retin-A Cream, a mild (or BHA medicated cleanser) and an oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizer - you won't have any 'plugs' to begin with. 

My advice is...if you have acne - mild, moderate or severe - see a dermatologist for a prescription for Retin-A Cream (the cream is the most widely used and least irritating type). It's a miracle product. 

Since you should never take a stranger's word for it...http://on.aol.com/vi...ethod-517339029

Edited by samantha6, 01 September 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#449 vincevega

vincevega

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

The reason oil cleansing causes many people's acne to get worse, is because you are putting oil on your skin, which is not recommended for oily/acne prone skin.  Oil is the root cause of acne - period. Bacteria and excess skin cells cannot alone - cause acne. 

Another reason people's acne gets worse while using oil to 'wash' their face, is because after putting the oil on the skin, they are told to 'steam' the face with a hot washcloth. This steaming, essentially pushes the oil into the pores, which can cause clogged pores.

Yet another reason why acne can get worse on this method, is that using a washcloth is horrific for acne prone skins, it is an irritant and causes inflammation. Acne is an inflammatory condition, the last thing you want to do is inflame it more.

A final reason that washing with just oil can make acne worse, is that the oil does not kill bacteria, like even the most basic surfactant based cleanser would. 

Oil may dissolve oil, and may help with those 'plugs' that some people get within the pore, but if you are using Retin-A Cream, a mild (or BHA medicated cleanser) and an oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizer - you won't have any 'plugs' to begin with. 

My advice is...if you have acne - mild, moderate or severe - see a dermatologist for a prescription for Retin-A Cream (the cream is the most widely used and least irritating type). It's a miracle product. 

Since you should never take a stranger's word for it...http://on.aol.com/vi...ethod-517339029

The internet is filled with testimonies of people who have tried Retin-A creams and every type of cleanser and moisturiser you can think of and still they have "plugs" or blackheads.

I don't really see the point in stating it like it's a fact, when there's very little evidence (that I know of) that suggest it's a fact. 

#450 samantha6

samantha6

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

The internet is filled with testimonies of people who have tried Retin-A creams and every type of cleanser and moisturizer you can think of and still they have "plugs" or blackheads.

Hmmm, practically everyone should have flawless skin if using Retin-A and using it correctly. Don't know why this is...maybe they are doing something wrong (not using the brand name, using the gel or liquid instead of cream, not using a high enough strength, not using a BHA cleanser, not following instructions, using the wrong moisturizer &/or sunblock, etc.) Retin-A Cream has been used for mild to severe cystic acne, for decades. The only thing more effective in treating acne, is Accutane. 

Edited by samantha6, 12 September 2014 - 09:06 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users