Photo

The OIL CLEANSING METHOD (Highly Recommended!)

green tea makeup oily skin

449 replies to this topic

#21 hola127

hola127

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:01 PM

Barnabus, what is your current status of clearness.

And has anyone here done this with moderate acne and gotten clear??

Your theory of oil dissolving oil is true but I want to see what others have gotten from it first.

#22 teclhie

teclhie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:48 PM

where do u pick up castor oil from again?
MY REGIMEN:

Accutane 40/80 mg alternate b/w days of month
2g B5 per day
400 IU Vit E
Loads of Lemon Water
ACV
BP
Aspirin masks
Jojoba Oil
Lac-hydrin Moisterizer
Spot-treament with neosporin

#23 Kalia

Kalia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:52 PM

This is very interesting. Do you experience a IB from using this method? I would think so since you say it draws all the gunk out of your pores?

How well do you think this would work for someone with comedonal acne? Ya know those little plug type looking things that come out of those skin colored bumps.

#24 Hopeful!

Hopeful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(teclhie @ Apr 8 2007, 05:48 PM) View Post
where do u pick up castor oil from again?

You can get it in health food stores . . . or in the the laxative section of a drugstore. Sometimes it is with the face products, but rarely.

I would love to hear updates from the people who started this thread. I'm nervous about trying this out.
AM
Wash w/ Ambi Even and Clear Foaming Cleanser --or-- Dove Beauty Bar
Moisturize w/ Emu Oil from DianaYvonne -- or -- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30
Take 100 mg Spironolactone w/ full glass of water

PM
Wait 15 min.

Other Treatments
Spot Treat w/ Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment --or-- Proactiv Sulfur Mask
Also use Neutrogena On the Spot BP or tea tree oil on occasion.
Use Serious Skin Care Glycolic 3 face mask twice a week

#25 mary prankster

mary prankster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:53 PM

this is pretty good advice. but i'd be careful of smearing oil all over you're face because it could make the problem worse. some people break out by using oils that other people say clears their skin. in my experience emu oil works really well but jojoba oil breaks me out.

#26 Hopeful!

Hopeful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:24 AM

So I decided to give the OCM a try. Tonight is the second night.

Last night I used some Clarins Lotus Oil that I had laying around. I can't remember why I stopped using it. Anyway, I cleansed my face with the Clarins Oil -- steaming and the whole bit. Then I followed it up with my Glycolic mask. For the first time ever the mask stung like crazy. When I took it off my face looked fantastic; and, it still looked good when I woke up in the morning. I washed my face with my usual Aveeno during my morning shower.

So after work today I stopped by the health food store and picked up some Castor Oil. Tonight I used a Castor/Grapeseed oil mix (75/25) to cleanse my face -- steaming and the whole bit. I looked in my mirror and noticed that my blackheads looked more noticable. "Aghhh," I thought. So I picked at the worst offenders and they came out easily. (That never happens for me; my blackheads love me waaaaay too much to leave me!)

Anyway, I'm kinda scared now. I have a few large holes in my face. I put TTO on them. I hope things look better in the morning.

Note to self: DON'T PICK!!

If the OCM gets rid of my blackheads, I might just die of happiness. My blackheads are old enough to vote! They are the bain of my existence. I can't even begin to describe how much I hate them. So far they've responded to nothing -- not Differin, not Retin-A, not Mandelic, not lemons, not ACV, not salt, not Glycolic.
AM
Moisturize w/ Emu Oil from DianaYvonne -- or -- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30

PM
Wait 15 min.

Other Treatments
Spot Treat w/ Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment --or-- Proactiv Sulfur Mask

#27 Hopeful!

Hopeful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:22 AM

Anyone?

Well, it's my third night of oil cleansing. I used the Castor/Grapeseed combo. So far so good. My flakes are gone and my skin feels soft and looks bright.

Woke up with a angry red pimple this morning. Bombed it with BP. By the time I cleansed my face this evening it was much, much smaller. I'm going to sleep with some Proactiv mask on it tonight. Don't know if the oil cleansing had anything to do with it, since I often wake up with angry pimples on my face.

The signs of my picking rampage don't look terrible. The small holes are already closed and the large ones look like they will heal. Crossing fingers.

Nose is still covered in blackheads -- but it doesn't look worse.

Is anyone else still doing the OCM? I'd love to hear about it!
AM

PM
Wait 15 min.

Other Treatments

#28 Yoshimi

Yoshimi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

hello! is anyone still keeping up with this method? how's the progress going? i'm really interested in trying this, but i have a question:

is it okay to use 2.5% BP, AHA, and the baby brush method in conjunction with OCM? using BP, AHA, and the baby brush method is keeping my skin relatively clear, but my skin is still super oily. so i'd like to combat my oily skin with OCM. would that be okay? i was thinking about doing the baby brush method every other day, and on the days i don't do the baby brush method, i wanted to do OCM. as for the BP and AHA, i wanted to use those on a daily basis. so my regimen would go something like this:

AM:
wash with head to toe
BP
aloe vera

PM (1):
baby brush
AHA
BP

AM:
wash with head to toe
BP
aloe vera

PM (2):
OCM
AHA
BP

so does this new regimen look okay? eusa_think.gif can anyone give me some advice? thanks! eusa_dance.gif

#29 Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Ice Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me
  • Interests:music, design, fashion, art, shopping, the beach, the ocean, reading, drawing, writing, sleeping, food, architecture, romanticism, idealism, travel, makeup, cartoons

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

Well I am a DKR user, and have had great results, but when my makeup is feeling very gunky at the end of the day I use DHC deep cleansing oil before my usual routine. It breaks down the makeup & oil much better than Cetaphil alone & does not make me break out. Also, it is great for eye makeup. You put it on a dry face, then rinse it off & follow with a cleanser.

Not all oils are bad, that's for sure. I don't know what I'd do without jojoba oil either!

For me though, no way would oil alone clear my acne. I need an anti-inflammatory & bacteria killing topical of some kind, and BP has been the best so far.

Nature of the Beast: Moderate, inflammatory, several cysts, large pores & very oily
Current Status: Very mild overall, with some red marks & mild "bumpiness" on chin (possible scarring).
Use: Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser or Acne.org Cleanser / Acne.org 2.5% BP day & night / Acne.org Moisturizer for day / DHC Cleansing Oil or Neutrogena Towlettes to remove makeup at night / Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Creme at night

Makeup: Stila Stay All Day Foundation in Light 2 or Beige 3. Cover FX compact powder in 10.

-----

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood." - Søren Kierkegaard

#30 Baila

Baila

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:04 AM

Does anybody thats trying ocm ever mix the oils with a little bit of a regular face wash ?

#31 hhughes

hhughes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:29 AM

i use Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse...

it works awesome. read about it on this site ... or breakdown is below... http://www.dermalogi...e...?&location=
----------------------
precleanse

The professional's deep cleansing weapon! Achieve ultra clean and healthy skin with a double cleansing regimen that begins with PreCleanse. This plant-based cleansing oil, fortified with Olive and Kukui oils, thoroughly melts layers of excess sebum (oil), sunscreen, waterproof make-up, environmental pollutants and residual skin products that build-up during the day. When water is added it transforms this hydrophilic (water-loving) formula into a milky emulsion, easily rinsing away oil-based debris from the skin's surface and allowing your recommended Dermalogica Cleanser to penetrate even further for professional cleansing results. Formulated with conditioning Rice Bran and Vitamin E oils, this gentle blend can be used around the eye area to even remove waterproof mascara. Offers a deep cleansing ideal for even the most oily skin conditions. Contains no artificial fragrance or color. Professional recommendation advised.

how it works
# Use as the first step of your Dermalogica Double Cleanse, and follow with your recommended Dermalogica Cleanser.
# A blend of rich oils melts through oil and oil-based debris that collects on skin throughout the day.
# Vitamin E Oil, a rich antioxidant, helps improve skin smoothness and softness.
# •Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: is an emulsifying agent that is activated by the addition of water to release the bonded oils from the skin’s surface.
-----------------------------
your face will feel a new clean you have never experienced before.
Morning: 1. Cosmedicine Healthy Cleanse Foaming Cleanser & Toner In One 2. Cosmedicine Medi-Matte Oil Control Lotion SPF 20 3. Skinceuticals Serum 15 4. Skinceuticals Phyto + 5. Sunscreen if needed.

MidDay: 1. Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse 2. Cetaphil Cleanser 3. Skinceuticals Phyto + 4. MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream Entire Face 5. 16 Minutes Blue and Red Light Treatment.

Night: 1. Cosmedicine Healthy Cleanse Foaming Cleanser & Toner In One 2. Retin-A micro 3. Phyto + 4. MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cream Entire Face

Extras: 1. Astara Blue Flame Purification Mask as desired 2. Astara Green Papaya Nutrient Mask as desired 3. Cellex-C Betaplex Clear Complexion Mask as desired 4. Skinceuticals Daily Moisture

Want: 1. Z. Bigatti Restoration Goodnight Cream

#32 lilpuss

lilpuss

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(Baila @ Jul 18 2007, 08:04 AM) View Post
Does anybody thats trying ocm ever mix the oils with a little bit of a regular face wash ?

That probably defeats the object.

I've read loads of great reviews for this, but I've only ever heard them from people with acne prone skin, as opposed to actual moderate acne, so I'm a bit worried! I may try it once, and if its good, use it as a deep cleansing method a few times a week. But like Siouxsie, I need some sort of anti-inflammatory and bacteria killing product.
Omega 3
Dianette birth control

Baby brush method
Boots Expert Sensitive Cleanser
BP 2.5% spot treat
Boots Expert Sensitive Moisturiser

80% clear

#33 Rusalka

Rusalka

a wolf at the door

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:40 AM

NO. LARGE AND COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF NO. This whole deranged, miserable idea is why I'm on accutane in the first place. In a matter of days it made my 98% clear face look like something out of fecking Silent Hill. I must be a rare case though because I waded through about 200 posts of "hooray! this is brilliant!" on the long hair forums before trying it.

#34 dm8610

dm8610

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

bump

#35 miss.chaNel

miss.chaNel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:my quad! yfz450 biiiitch. aka LUCY.<br />

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:24 PM

whenever i feel my face getting pretty oil, that night i wash my face with olive oil.the next day your oil is cut at least in half.

not even you have been as much of a bitch as MsChanel.

#36 dm8610

dm8610

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

Just did it with jojoba oil

does this help with those pesky flesh colored bumps and clooged pores?

#37 SaraJane

SaraJane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:08 AM

hey smile.gif i'm surprised that this thread hasn't got much of a reaction. let me tell you about my story..

i have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin, that scars easily and tends to have a fair amount of redness in places. i've tried a LOT of things to clear my skin..... all of the prescription things dried out my skin, so i gave up on all of them years ago.. i've bought product after product, blah...... i ordered proactiv, and was happy with that, it really did help me clear up!.... but it still dried out my skin (using it once a day), so i had to be so careful with it, and stop using it every little while to let my skin get less dry!

i recently decided... i'm going to switch to natural products.

so i went out several times and spent hundreds of dollars on products from these lines: earth science, alba botanica, desert essence, avalon organic botanicals, druide, and jojoba oil.......... i have to say, it took a few days to get used to the different feel.. i was so used to having my skin stripped and SQUEAKY clean. but i noticed that my peely skin was gone. amazing! and my skin looked much much more healthy, even and glowy. so i've been reading reading reading.. and i started hearing little bits here and there about this "oil cleansing method", so i searched it out and read about it. yesterday i went out and bought some cold pressed castor oil.. and last night i tried the OCM. i used about 60% olive oil, 40% castor oil. i cringed when i realized i had oil smeared all over my face LOL i steamed it, and then removed the oil really well. i followed up with an avalon organic botanicals toner (vit c), and my skin felt and looked really good.

so, last night was my first try with the actual OCM. but the new products i've gotten go by the same philosophy.. THEY DON'T STRIP YOUR SKIN and they contain OILS. skin is not supposed to be stripped of oil! you're just asking for problems when you do it. so far i am so so happy i've found these new products and am starting the OCM.

don't be afraid of oil........... it's meant to be on your skin. most oils will not clog your pores as long as your remove them well.

i really would urge anybody to try this (clear skin, mild acne, moderate acne). i honestly think that many of us are SUPPOSED to have good "normal" skin, but we ruin it by stripping it and using harsh products.

i'll update soon smile.gif

#38 SaraJane

SaraJane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:17 PM

thought i would add: for those who are interested in the OCM but don't want to try it yet, why don't you go to your local health food store and buy some natural products that contain some oils? cleanser/toner/moisturizer. you may just find even that is the change you need (they work BEAUTIFULLY and leave your skin protected with moisture). also a good way to ease into the OCM.

#39 y oh y

y oh y

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:53 AM

well...i believe in this OIL cleansing method...because right now...after using soooo may acne products...i am already afraid of using any right now...so this is my simple regimen...

1) MORNING - wash with water (nothing more)

2) EVENING - apply extra virgin olive oil on the face
- then wash with water
- then put undiluted lemon juice on the face for 20 minutes
- then rinse with water

THATS IT. so basically, i just use 2 natural ingredients on my face: extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.

i am doing this for a month now and no regrets so far! no initial break outs as well that's why i like this regimen.

during the first week, i used lemon juice with water since i am new to lemon juice. I feel that it will be too harsh to my skin if i will be using undiluted. but now...im using only lemon juice and my skin is used to il already. no redness! also, i wash with water in the afternoon before because I feel as if my face is dirty (maybe because I am used to facial cleansers) and my face tends to be itchy.

I guess, if you are new to pimples or acne...its ok to use acne products to minimise or control it. But after having pimples for YEARS now....its ok to shift to milder products or natural ingredients since maybe your skin is already irritated and wants to breath again.

I have tried milder products and natural ingredients before (when my acne is still so much) but still the acne keeps on coming out. but now that i am 28 y.o., used so many products and my skin is so much irritated (so still having so much pimples) and it tried again to shift to natural ingredients....and thanks god...now it is working!

so folks, its up to you how to analyse your pimples...hehe! maybe you can try my method...its up to you guys!

#40 stardancer

stardancer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(SaraJane @ Aug 23 2007, 12:17 PM) View Post
thought i would add: for those who are interested in the OCM but don't want to try it yet, why don't you go to your local health food store and buy some natural products that contain some oils? cleanser/toner/moisturizer. you may just find even that is the change you need (they work BEAUTIFULLY and leave your skin protected with moisture). also a good way to ease into the OCM.

This is off the subject, but are you also on make up alley?
My regimen:

AM: Baby brush method with Aqua Glycolic
Aloe mixed with Neutrogena Sheer Touch Sunscreen
Joppa minerals

PM: Wash with Aqua Glycolic
Nucelle 10%
Lac Hydrin 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users