Photo

Do you think people with acne are beautiful?

This topic is archived.
65 replies to this topic

#1 jande

jande

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:28 PM

After watching ugly betty and bridget jones diary, not that they have acne, but that something like a slightly overweight person, someone with a bit too much facial hair or that gave me the thought that someone with acne could be considered beautiful.

I'm not saying let yourself go, but that if you had acne that some people could think that you are beautiful the way you are.

I don't mean being attracted to someone specifially because they have acne (although there may be someone out there), but being attracted to someone when they have acne. Not overlooking the acne, but seeing that they have acne and thinking that the person is beautiful. I'm sure that alot of people with acne have a loved one.

Do you think that it's ok if you're just nice like ugly betty or bridget jones that it's ok, even though you have to live your life with acne?

Then again if it were as simple as all that there wouldn't be a forum like this.

So I'm trying to get away from the thinking that acne is ugly in general.

Does anyone think that acne is beautiful?

Is there anyone out there like a celebrity who we all love that has acne, not to acne bash them, but to say that they are beautiful even when they have acne?

#2 A-Shizzle

A-Shizzle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

I've seen some very beautiful people who just so happen to have some acne. Lucky for me I can see past that. I don;t however think that acne is beautiful. I don't think anyone does.

We have a celebrities with acne post somewhere around here..

#3 ForeverAlmostThere

ForeverAlmostThere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:59 PM

people can defnitely look beautiful with acne and you dont have to look further than the .org to see this.

as for celebrities that have or have had acne there are plenty of them such as Kiera Knightley,Cameron Diaz,Brad Pitt,Britney Spears and plenty more that maybe we can't tell with all their make up,masks, face doubles...

#4 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:01 PM

Im sorry but this topic is strange =/ Do you honestly want the answer to that question? Of course there are beautiful people who have acne. A lot of people who have acne are still beautiful

#5 Canadian Bacon

Canadian Bacon

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:07 PM

I find acne hideous. On myself that is.

I can easily look past it in others having suffered it for so many years though. One of my best friends has quite a few redmarks and I don't even notice it anymore tbh

#6 son of ham

son of ham

Explosive memberrhea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:13 PM

If a girl is beautiful, she's beautiful with or without acne. Anyone who thinks otherwise is superficial and should be shot.

Somewhat relative to this topic, read this strange and repulsive article about Acnephilia:
http://www.backwashz...acnephilia.html

#7 acne_battle

acne_battle

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(son of ham @ Feb 25 2007, 10:13 PM) View Post
If a girl is beautiful, she's beautiful with or without acne. Anyone who thinks otherwise is superficial and should be shot.

Somewhat relative to this topic, read this strange and repulsive article about Acnephilia:

UGH the quote button doesnt work for me! It never has. "Anyone who thinks otherwise is superficial and should be shot." Those were my exact thoughts

#8 ChaosNightWolf

ChaosNightWolf

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(OhNoNotAnotherCysticPimple @ Feb 25 2007, 11:17 PM) View Post
QUOTE(son of ham @ Feb 25 2007, 10:13 PM) View Post

UGH the quote button doesnt work for me! It never has. "Anyone who thinks otherwise is superficial and should be shot." Those were my exact thoughts

Ha, well then shoot me. Acne can make ANYONE look ugly. If it was so easy to be attractive with acne then there would not be so many people trying so hard to get rid of it.

#9 acne_battle

acne_battle

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:42 PM

ChaosNightWolf there are people who dont have acne that are butt ugly. There is more to how beautiful or ugly a person looks than whether they have acne or not. It depends on your facial features

#10 JR86

JR86

I've gotta go, i cut my foot earlier and my shoe is filling

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:09 PM

acne is ugly, some good looking people can have acne though, they would be better looking without it.

#11 Ayeeesha

Ayeeesha

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:09 PM

I couldn't give two sh*ts if other people have acne, but when it's myself I'm mortified. It's all a matter of who you are, how you are raised, life experience, etc. My boyfriend has such nice skin but I know the last thing in the world he cares about is what mine looks like. On the other hand this girl I work with in the mall makes a note of all the girls with acne that she sees, and gives me gross looks when they come in to our store. She does not relate to it, has never had to deal with it, so she has this pre-conceived notion that all people with acne are filthy creatures. So it all depends on the person. I think it would be hard to find someone who considers acne a 'beautiful trait', like a ski slope nose or chiseled cheek bones, but there are beautiful people on the inside and out who genuinely don't care and are more than willing to be with someone who has acne. I think that's something a lot of people on here tend to forget; you are loved and if not then you will be loved!

#12 Sick_and_tired

Sick_and_tired

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:13 AM

I'm superficial. Acne makes people ugly... If someone has a few pimples thats fine, a girl can still be beautiful I guess. But I'm pretty sure I would never find a girl beautiful that has bad acne. Just like I couldn't find a girl beautiful that is overweight. I don't like acne, which is why I'm taking accutane to get rid of it for good.

#13 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:46 AM

There are many things that make a person beautiful. Ive seen plenty of clear skinned people who I did not think were beautiful. Eyes, lips, nose, hair, body, smile, energy, voice, and most of all heart and personality all go into making a person beautiful. Of course lovely skin can be a noticable attractive feature in a person, but when you think of ALL the qualities that go into making a person beautiful, skin is only a very small peice of that, so Id definately say people with acne can be beautiful. smile.gif Now only if I could believe this when it applies to myself!!! smile.gif

#14 coughdrop

coughdrop

too weird to live, too rare to die

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:24 AM

no....
but i remember one or two i thought were attractive in the past

#15 LeslieTM

LeslieTM

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Enjoying life and being with good people.

Achievements

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:33 AM

I hate acne on myself. I remember hearing on TV that the creators of Ugly Betty wanted to give her acne but they thought acne would push the "uglyness" to far doubt.gif

Ive been told I was pretty or attractive at times when my skin was at its worst. And of course I didnt believe them because I dont believe compliments (another way acne has ruined my self esteem). There are celebrities who have/had acne and are beautiful or attractive.

Anyways Ive seen people who have acne and are VERY beautiful. I guess it all depends on the person. Its easy to point out our own flaws and find them hideous. Its weird, we can see others as being perfect but we can never see ourselves as perfect well IMO at least.

Also I believe everyone is superficial in someway

#16 LMG

LMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:36 AM

Beautiful inside...yes. We have knowledge of what it feels like to be made fun of, to be imperfect, which makes us more forgiving of others.

#17 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:49 AM

I think anyone who has a has suffered from a visable physical illness such as acne are genarally more understanding and accepting towards others.

For me personaility is number one on the list then looks. I know some right stunners and these girsl are fantastic looking but they are complete bitches. Im not saying every good looking girl is like that but if the personaility isnt there then its a big no no for me no matter how good looking someone is.

#18 Guest_T-Virus_*

Guest_T-Virus_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:08 AM

It depends on the severity of the acne and the person who has it.

Some people can still be beautiful with acne but other people (like me) can't be.

I find that mild acne (a few whiteheads here and there and maybe a couple of papules) can look kinda cute on certain people (if that makes sense) confused.gif Acne shows you that even though they're beautiful, they're not perfect. And I like that smile.gif

#19 IFeelBroken

IFeelBroken

Ill pretend not to notice

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Nanimokamo no Nihongo

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:22 AM

Hmm...You can still be beautiful and be ugly at the same time...
The world is strange like that.

Lots of famous people have acne or "bad skin", but they know how to cover it up.

Some simple advice... you should always try and feel beautiful... Not everyone can be fake/pretty 100% of the time.

#20 Snakedudeman328

Snakedudeman328

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:36 AM

Pick an actor or an actress or singer or whatever and let it be one whom you think is attractive and then put acne on them. Still attractive?? They are to me