In a letter dated October 31, 2000 entitled Letter Regarding Dietary Supplement Health Claim for omega-3 Fatty Acids and Coronary Heart Disease, the United States Food and Drug Administration Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Nutritional Products, Labeling, and Dietary Supplements noted that the known or suspected risks of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may include:
* Increased bleeding can occur if overused (normally over 3 grams per day)
* The possibility of hemorrhagic stroke
* Oxidation of omega-3 fatty acids forming biologically active oxidation products
* Increased levels of low density lipoproteins (LDL) cholesterol or apoproteins associated with LDL cholesterol among diabetics and hyperlipidemics
* Reduced glycemic control among diabetics
* Suppression of immune and inflammation responses, and consequently, to decreased resistance to infections and increased susceptibility to opportunistic bacteria
The following risks have been attributed to the FDA but are not mentioned in the above letter:
* A significant potential risk is the possibility of vitamin poisoning from taking large doses of supplements which contain large quantities of vitamins (particularly vitamin A) in addition to omega-3 fatty acids. For this reason, the primary source of omega-3, if taken as a supplement, should be from fish body oil and not from a fish liver based oil.
all lies.(well maybe not completely) but why the scare?
so do they have anything to say about omega 6s? i would really like to know.
the medical industry is big bucks and they got there hands(or at least could have) in many peoples pockets.
think about it, insurance companies, pharm companies, hospitals they need to preserve their place in the world.
live a multi-faceted and experianced adult life and you will quickly learn how far some people will go just to earn a buck. and even further to preserve there place in it.
it really happens and sometimes its where people tend to put most of their trust,
have you ever heard the term "trust your doctor?" thats the worst advice ive ever heard!! i dont trust anybody nor anything i dont understand.its like they are saying dont evaluate it, dont think about it, dont question it.
more accuratly you should listen to you doctor very closely and try to see if hes just taking you for a ride or if hes sincere, before you are his goose laying golden eggs experiment. and much poorer and less healthy. This is not true for all doctors.
my point is morality does not pay, the medical industry is a business and as such needs to make a profit.
and the best business to be in is one where people have no choice but to do it your way, nobody knows all the details about how your body works or about they way drugs work, its real easy to manipulate. so thats why self education is the way to go.
how probable? maybe 50/50
how possible 100%
just my opinion though, this is how the world looks through my eyes.
and just to let you know this is the attitude that lead me to the o3/o6 ratio and i dont regret it. If i had been so trusting in the medical establishment and let my imagination be limited by some supposed "authority" i would have never thought it was possible.
I have no respect for authority, that concept means nothing to me, i ALWAYS question everything, thats why my screen name is autonomous one, I dream to be completly self governed, my mind and thought process follows the law that i make up, no one will ever set my mind and limit it. thats freedom to think and imagine.
And many people dont like me because of it, and thats the way i like it, the slick talking people that try to pull a fast one on me stay far away, the users stay far away the guilt tripper stay far away because i never feel obligated to do anything ever.Im almost virtually resistent to manipulation.
sorry ive had a few tonights!!!!!!!beers that is!! enough of my jibber jabber.
Besides all this i still love people and im a good guy.