Photo

cyst/large papule/i dont know in between my eyes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 angie's knickahs.

angie's knickahs.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:44 PM

this morning I woke up, and a huge, inflamed, painful pimple was resting between my eyebrows, pretty much the most inconvenient place for one.
I'm not sure what it is, though--it's red, and it's painful to the touch, it's not terribly big or anything but it's not pus filled. To me it looked like a cyst.

Can anyone hand over any suggestions on what I can do to make the swelling/redness go down? Or to shorten it's lifespan? Cortizone shot is out of the question, though, since it's not a "medical emergency" there's no way my dad would let me.

Thanks.

#2 Sunnygirl

Sunnygirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:00 PM

I have one of those as well for the past four days. eusa_wall.gif Try icing it with an ice cube for five to ten minutes at a time, several times a day, and take an anti-inflammatory.

#3 dabepe

dabepe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:16 AM

i just had to add that i have also had the same thing for the past week...it broke open on its own, and i squeezed the pus out of it, and it's finally going down. not sure how to help you bring down the cyst, but i've invested in a nice hat that i've been wearing all week.

#4 Komebackid510

Komebackid510

Your crew plus my crew sounds hot.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:48 AM

I've gotten a couple of those in before. I hated them, they took forever to come to a head in my case. Mines went away when I popped them. I would say go get an injection if it's really bothering you.
Morning:
-Cetaphil (Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin)
-Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer spf 15

Night:
-Cetaphil (Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin)
-Tretinoin 0.025% Cream

Shower:
-Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

11/28/2006-5/8/2007 First Tane course complete. Post Tane log now.

#5 missypooh

missypooh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(Komebackid510 @ Feb 13 2007, 02:48 AM) View Post
I've gotten a couple of those in before. I hated them, they took forever to come to a head in my case. Mines went away when I popped them. I would say go get an injection if it's really bothering you.

well, my first suggestion would have been a cortisone shot...but since you can't - and I've had a cyst between my eyes for over a month now and its been shot with cortisone 2 times and it's STILL here - forget that. I agree with the ice, and the anti-inflammatory...... and if it appears to be coming up to a head, do a hot compress at night on it - then express the contents out - then coat with Neosporin or some other antibiotic cream..... These between the eyes ones are a real bear; mine swells up so bad that it makes me look like I've been hit in the face - swollen eye, swollen forehead....it's horrible.

Good luck - - we know how you feel! wacko.gif

#6 angie's knickahs.

angie's knickahs.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:34 PM

Thanks guys for all the help. I heard something about a salt/water treatment to help dry it up, would that be a good idea?

#7 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(angie @ Feb 13 2007, 10:34 AM) View Post
Thanks guys for all the help. I heard something about a salt/water treatment to help dry it up, would that be a good idea?

Some people have had good results using a warm salt water compress - use epsom or sea salt in warm water and soak a cotton ball in the solution and apply it to the spot for 5-10 min (may need to change cotton balls a few times). I think it helps draw the pus out of the pimple (and it is also antibacterial).

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub
-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night
-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel
-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone
*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:
http://www.acne.org/...p...1620&st=460

#8 angie's knickahs.

angie's knickahs.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(willow569 @ Feb 13 2007, 12:20 PM) View Post
QUOTE(angie @ Feb 13 2007, 10:34 AM) View Post

Some people have had good results using a warm salt water compress - use epsom or sea salt in warm water and soak a cotton ball in the solution and apply it to the spot for 5-10 min (may need to change cotton balls a few times). I think it helps draw the pus out of the pimple (and it is also antibacterial).

Ahh that seems to help a bit. The pus is beginning to come to the surface, now. I'm excited it's showing progress!!!!! eusa_dance.gif