makeup retinoids

4 replies to this topic

#1 courtney

courtney

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2003 - 03:15 PM

I've been using Retin-A micro for about a week now. It seems to have started working already, but my face is red, peeling, and feels like mild sunburn all the time. I can't wear makeup or put anything on my face or it burns like a mother. Last night I couldn't stand it anymore, washed off the Retin-A micro before I went to sleep, and took a day off from it. I'm not sure if I should do this.

I'm not sure what kind of cleanser I should be using here. Almost anything hurts. I get the idea I'm not supposed to be using bar soap, so I don't. Right now I'm using Noxema, which burns, but what else is new. I think the menthol in it might cause that reaction.

What do you guys use to wash your face when you use Retin-A?

#2 UrbanBebegurl

UrbanBebegurl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2003 - 02:35 PM

Noxema is way too harsh for your skin if you are on Retin-A. I am also on Retin-A and my skin is now 100% clear. The redness, peeling, dryness etc. will lessen over time, my face is never red at all anymore since I have been using Retin-A for about 5 months now. Your skin will adjust to it over time don't worry! it's worth sticking it out. For now I recommend that the BEST cleanser for your face since it is so sentisitve is Cetaphil. It's a soap free, colour free, unscented cleaner that is EXTREMELY gentle on your skin. After a while you can use another, I currently use Clean and Clear foaming facial cleaner for sensitive skin and the combination of that and the Retin-A is working amazingly for my skin. I hope that helped, good luck! smile.gif

#3 V

V

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2003 - 08:21 AM

...or Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

#4 Rachy

Rachy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2003 - 02:51 PM

my aunt used to work for a derm and they told people on retin-a to use oil-of-olay, like the mild stuff. my doctor told me to use Dove sensitive skin. i don't think it matters much as long as it's mild and doesn't contain salycilic acid.

#5 leah_felice

leah_felice

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2003 - 11:32 PM

I used Aveeno's stuff for sensitive skin. As for all the redness and peeling, it happens at first. But, if it persists, your skin might be too sensitive for it(mine was) or you might be putting too much on. When the directions say to use a pea sized amount for your whole face, that's pretty much the amount you're supposed to use...even if it doesn't seem like that much. Retin-a micro is powerful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users